indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't you go trying to insert logic and common sense into this discussion. That is not welcome here. This is clearly and emotional decision based on the need to have it now vs. waiting. We all know which one will win in the end, don't we?

I am with Rebel Bronco. Go get that thing and save the freight charge. LOL.
How can I pretend to off-road without lockers?! ;)

Ford Bronco Decision time, any advice from owners? 1682517838536
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a BD mid non sas and love it. If cost wasnt a factor WT woulda been awesome. My suggestion.. If cost isnt a factor get the WT and keep your current order. If it turns out you love the WT then keep it and move on. If it ends up being more than you need then sell/trade for the other. You'll more than likely profit in the end. And as others have said save the delivery fee and go pick it up!

djnemo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mini Countryman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMO the BD is the best value of any trim and has the best wheels. The high package is definitely nice to have, but in my case I had to pay another $4k to get it on a comparable OBX. I am sure you will love the WT, but if you want to keep things under a certain budget and can wait, you will love the BD as well.

OP
OP
strawhatguy

strawhatguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond / Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A key question should be - what will you be doing with this vehicle? If you spend 60k on the Wildtrak, will you for real have a use for all that functionality?

Example, you are interested in navigating trails and travelling to locations that require front and rear lockers - so you buy a vehicle with front and rear lockers. Rather than a fantasy based purchase.
I haven’t done that before, but I’d like to try trails. In WA state here there’s probably plenty of very pretty areas I feel like the model 3 we have just wouldn’t quite do…

So the purpose is second car, some utility (Home Depot runs), camping, and hopefully a new off-road hobby.

baozebub

Black Diamond
First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all, first time posting, hoping to join the club! I discovered Broncos just this year and was smitten.

Got a decision to make soonish.

I ordered a non-sas mid BD on 3/27, builds not scheduled yet.

In the meantime, came across a race red WildTrak with leather and high that I could get for msrp, but in another state, so another $1500 delivery fee.

I know, vastly different builds (I sorted wished I added SAS to my BD order), not sure about the extra expense of the wildtrak (love the 360 camera though), but also not sure on the wait for my BD order.

How do you all enjoy your wildtraks or black diamonds?

thanks!
Love my BD 4dr 2.7! Only change I’ll make is to upgrade the tire size to 285/70/17s, but mostly for looks. The advanced tech is cool, but I only do moderate off-roading, so the few times I’d ever want cameras all around or front locking aren’t worth the extra cost. At some point it’s a trade between money and image/bragging. And even if I had lots of money to burn, I’m not sure I like the extra stuff Overly complicating my fun.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had a BD with mid for a year now. It’s great, no complaints. A WT would have been out of my price range so, In my case, I have no regrets.
That’s the way I feel about my OBX. Love driving it, but the trim is not comparable with a WT which was outside my budget by a considerable amount.

If money is no object, get the WT. If not, you’ll be plenty happy with the BD.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me its wasnt a big deal of badlands or wildtrack. Both are great but I slightly preferred the BL (and found one) because of the slightly upgraded offroad option. Other then that they really similar. I also preferred the orange accent vs the blue. I also preferred the matching grill color with MIC hard top. For me. And if I where you…The bigger consideration is the tech package. You can easily upgrade wheels and suspension but upgrading to a larger screen, heated seats, electric seats, 7 speaker system, full camera setup, led lighting, upgraded side mirrors, etc, that come with the high package and above are a must for me. So if I where you I would go for the wild track or at the least find something that has the high package at minimum. You will for sure be kicking yourself for a long time if you dont.

In addition. Getting it at msrp is great but you have to make sure its ironed out before you drive there. You will be surprised at how one conversation happens over the phone and a entirely different conversation happens when you walk into the dealer. “Oh thanks for driving all the way over here, this is the wildtrack we talked about, and just so you know somone just called about it, they are coming to see it later this evening, so the price was marked up $3k.” Cheers.

Last edited:

djnemo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mini Countryman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The good thing and the bad thing about this Forum is it makes you want options/trims/mods you didn't know you wanted.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No VIN or scheduled build on the BD, then change the order to include Sasquatch. Curious to know why you went with a BD originally. Cost, MGV interior, ability to get scheduled? It is a pretty big gap between the stock BD and the stock WT.

Sponsored

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me its wasnt a big deal of badlands or wildtrack. Both are great but I slightly preferred the BL (and found one) because of the slightly upgraded offroad option. Other then that they really similar. I also preferred the orange accent vs the blue. I also preferred the matching grill color with MIC hard top. For me. And if I where you…The bigger consideration is the tech package. You can easily upgrade wheels and suspension but upgrading to a larger screen, heated seats, electric seats, 7 speaker system, full camera setup, led lighting, upgraded side mirrors, etc, that come with the high package and above are a must for me. So if I where you I would go for the wild track or at the least find something that has the high package at minimum. You will for sure be kicking yourself for a long time if you dont.

In addition. Getting it at msrp is great but you have to make sure its ironed out before you drive there. You will be surprised at how one conversation happens over the phone and a entirely different conversation happens when you walk into the dealer. “Oh thanks for driving all the way over here, this is the wildtrack we talked about, and just so you know somone just called about it, they are coming to see it later this evening, so the price was marked up $3k.” Cheers.
All good and realistic advice 👍🏻

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If price doesn't matter to you, I would go with the Wildtrak.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this a trick question? WT, no doubt, but I am bias since I do have a WT :)

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WT. better to have all that comes with it and not use than not have and want.