Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lives in Jersey I bet...
I'm from LA. and visited wife's relatives in Philly but went into Jersey to visit others. Came back and needed gas. Pulled into a station and I told my brother-in-law I will get out and get it. He said no someone has to service the pump for you. I looked in the distance on the side of the gas station and yes there was an "attendant" doing a drug deal before he came over to pump the gas.
New Jersey.... "The Garden Weed State".
Sponsored

Big Blue 1

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey guys, unfortunately I stopped for fuel on Sunday and had my Bronco filled up with super unleaded. (full service station) Unknown to anyone there was a mix up when the fuel was delivered and the delivery guy put diesel in the underground tank. I only made it a half mile up the road when i lost power and got check engine light. The vehicle had to be towed into my Ford dealership. I will keep everyone updated on the repairs, the cost anything else. The Ford technician said the tank needed to be drained and filled with fresh fuel, oil changed and new spark plugs. Good thing for me, the gas station told me they will cover everything 100% towing, repairs and the fuel I purchased.

CA79B08B-CCA0-44A4-9E9F-6E5553FF29A0.jpeg

DD447068-6E68-474B-9543-6BDA242C86F7.png

39732C3B-5D18-4D66-8E42-6B6B62AD6501.png
Sorry brother

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"trust your car to the man who wears the big bright Texaco star"

Remember the air hose you drove over and rings the bell inside, the "men" rush out put nozzle in tank (behind the license plate or fender tailfin), they pop the hood as it was all outside controlled, they pull dipstick, reinsert halfway, show you that you need a quart, they pour out of empty can and $5 later (10 gallons at 45 cents and 50 cents for oil)
And you got free drinking glasses or steak knives with a fill up!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm from LA. and visited wife's relatives in Philly but went into Jersey to visit others. Came back and needed gas. Pulled into a station and I told my brother-in-law I will get out and get it. He said no someone has to service the pump for you. I looked in the distance on the side of the gas station and yes there was an "attendant" doing a drug deal before he came over to pump the gas.
New Jersey.... "The Garden Weed State".
I remember having to show a chick from Jersey how to pump PA gas as she had never pumped and couldn't herself back home .

Would not be surprised if self-checkout at WalMart is illegal in the Garden State

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He didn’t fill it up, it was a full service station. A 1 second search would have answered your question. Full service means they fill your tank and check and fill your oil.
I miss the 60s :)

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dang, mixing up diesel/gas in the tank seems to be making the rounds on Reddit r/justrolledintotheshop as well. Maybe some solar flare activity causing this craziness. Normally you think it can't happen due to many gas stations using different sized nozzles to help prevent, but sounds like in OPs situation tanker filled the wrong tank? I know I have also seen it when people don't pay attention to labels on gas cans as well.
Good luck OP. Hopefully a fuel line flush and dealing with the injectors will take care of everything.
Truck driver shortage= less experienced people

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see why the plugs have to be changed. I’d think just some fuel system components.
That would be because they have diesel sprayed all over them.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, unfortunately I stopped for fuel on Sunday and had my Bronco filled up with super unleaded. (full service station) Unknown to anyone there was a mix up when the fuel was delivered and the delivery guy put diesel in the underground tank. I only made it a half mile up the road when i lost power and got check engine light. The vehicle had to be towed into my Ford dealership. I will keep everyone updated on the repairs, the cost anything else. The Ford technician said the tank needed to be drained and filled with fresh fuel, oil changed and new spark plugs. Good thing for me, the gas station told me they will cover everything 100% towing, repairs and the fuel I purchased.

Man that sucks… good to know the station will cover it, but really they’re just mitigating expensive legal fees.

hope things work out

Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OMG! How does this happen? I'm so sorry for your anxiety. People behaving poorly. Job performance issues. "if one pays attention, how difficult is it?" Simple thoughts.

OP
OP
Jeff587

Jeff587

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back on the road. Fuel tank was emptied. New fuel was added, oil was changed, spark plugs were changed and fuel rails were flushed five times until all the diesel was out. Drove it about 45 miles so far. No problems. Ill post another update after i drop the bill off at the gas station.

Invoice at my Ford dealer was $1,287

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way to bury the lede! Broncos can run on diesel!! At least briefly

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could have been worse you could have gotten gas in a diesel car.

https://www.drivingline.com/article...if-gas-is-put-in-your-diesel-powered-vehicle/

When we were a family of VW TDi s (2010 Golf & 2013 Touareg) I drilled it into my wife's head the peril of mis-fueling with gas. Key chain diesel only, tags on fuel cap, thankfully you only needed to fill up every other week because of the great mileage. Then Dieselgate happened and VW ruined everything.

100809_072.jpg

0411320842888.jpg

OP good luck and hope everything gets fixed.
Dieselgate... Different forum... but, ended up keeping my Jetta TDI. Particulate filter went before the recall at 70k miles. Argued with VW and dealer for months as it was included in the recall. They were demanding I pay $2300 to repair that before getting the "fix". They finally gave in after a lot of angry phone calls, emails etc. Second PF went 940 miles before the extended fix warranty ran out. They ended up replacing again at no cost. 265,000 miles on a 2012 and that's been the only issue. Average 42MPG, hell yeah. That thing will probably outlast the Bronco.
Sponsored