First Name
GORD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Want to stop & exit, leave engine running, but not have annoying double horn honk, yet don't want to leave driver door open?

Step out, gently close driver door to where it "catches" but doesn't fully latch (horn does not honk-honk). Can check that door has truly "caught" by opening rear door and reaching in the (resultant) gap 'tween front & rear door and, by pulling w/ finger, will see that door sorta partially latched Works on quick in-outs to get mail, etc.
Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flashcal also works
I guess I should have been more specific. The only way to disable double honk is by modifying the BdyCM module. This can be done with forscan.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leave your key in the vehicle…
That's illegal in a lot of states to reduce auto theft. A lot of cars get stolen when people warm them up in the morning before work.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess I should have been more specific. The only way to disable double honk is by modifying the BdyCM module. This can be done with forscan.
Not as cheap a solution with flashcal but easier to use if forscan seems daunting

T1nmaN

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use the fordpass app on my phone to lock and unlock the car with the keys inside.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's illegal in a lot of states to reduce auto theft. A lot of cars get stolen when people warm them up in the morning before work.
I was assuming the OP is talking about when getting out of their running vehicle to grab something (maybe getting something from home, or getting mail, etc.). If they were warming a vehicle, I would assume they would remote start.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah So that's the infamous double honk that everyone keeps talking about. I never really read up on any of those topics because I don't have a Bronco yet and didn't really care.

Thought maybe it was something like when you lock it, it double honked... I never understood why that bugged people.

But now that I know it honks when you have it running and shut the door... I can see that bugging folks. Personally my concern is your announcing to everyone around that you're leaving your car with it running :)

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Want to stop & exit, leave engine running, but not have annoying double horn honk, yet don't want to leave driver door open?

Step out, gently close driver door to where it "catches" but doesn't fully latch (horn does not honk-honk). Can check that door has truly "caught" by opening rear door and reaching in the (resultant) gap 'tween front & rear door and, by pulling w/ finger, will see that door sorta partially latched Works on quick in-outs to get mail, etc.
BRILLIANT!
I almost gave an old lady a heart attack! Stopped to load furniture at a store, and she was entering the store. Scared the crap out of both of us!
Real intelligent Ford.
Thanks for the tip!

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BRILLIANT!
I almost gave an old lady a heart attack! Stopped to load furniture at a store, and she was entering the store. Scared the crap out of both of us!
Real intelligent Ford.
Thanks for the tip!
Seriously, It makes me jump everytime. Happening more often now that it is winter. Hop in turn it on, grab the scraper, hop out, close the door and wtf.

Yesterday I was so proud of myself, left the door slightly open, then halfway down the driveway I realize I forgot my phone, hop out close the door and wtf.
Sponsored