Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry if I did, Not sure how tho. Because it’s a Badlands?
I think he's referring to the fact that while still a Badlands trim, this is not a FULL sized Bronco. This forum is dedicated to the full sized Bronco, I believe there's forums for the Sport out there. You got some great advice and I'm sure you're enjoying your Bronco Sport, but it's not the same as the full sized Bronco everyone here drives.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How so? We want to go back, any tips appreciated
Take some wood stakes and caution tape(white cap supply) and claim your area. Also make sure to avoid 4 of July, Thanksgiving and New Years unless you want to drive out for the sand drags!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kyuberto

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think he's referring to the fact that while still a Badlands trim, this is not a FULL sized Bronco. This forum is dedicated to the full sized Bronco, I believe there's forums for the Sport out there. You got some great advice and I'm sure you're enjoying your Bronco Sport, but it's not the same as the full sized Bronco everyone here drives.
Uh oh. Sorry I didn’t know. Guess I’ll bow out now, take care.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Uh oh. Sorry I didn’t know. Guess I’ll bow out now, take care.
It's all good, no harm no foul. It's just that there's different information for the 2 different vehicles. A lot of advice here for off roading was likely good/useful, but you'll not find specific information pertaining to the Bronco Sport here. But some of us are good people... ;)

Last edited:

karmaguy38

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrack 4-Door Sasquach/Lux in Shadow Black
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a chance to camp on the beach the weekend. It’s called Oceano Dunes near Pismo in California. You can drive you vehicle right into the beach.

We have a 2021 Bronco Badlands 4-door. I’ve read that you should air down your tires to drive on sand. Is it necessary if I use the Sand mode? I am NOT good with mechanical stuff and would be afraid of damaging my tires or something else airing down then trying to inflate them again. Like pop them or go too low..I can’t exaggerate how mechanically disinclined I am. It is really intimidating, and air pulps also look expensive.

can I drive without airing down, or will I get stuck or cause other problems? It is a regular beach, and I will not go i to the dunes, just the beach front. Thank you for your advice.
Sand Mode, air down to 20psi.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends on the beach. I drive our 40’ motorhome and all our vehicles on beaches with good packed sand without airing down. Beware of rutted up areas with loose sand though. Maintaining momentum is key and usually I drive it with a smaller vehicle to check it out first.

IMG_4542.jpeg

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first time driving on sand in 4WD was decades ago when an unpaved road in the desert dropped into a dry wash with deep loose sand.

I didn't air down because I didn't have an air compressor to air back up again. There was a long stretch of paved highway I would have had to drive on afterwards with seriously underinflated tires, so I decided to see if I could make it as-is. I could tell that if I stopped I might get stuck, so I just kept up my momentum until the route climbed back out of the sand. After that I pretty much just avoided deep sand for many years, which wasn't hard in the kinds of places I go.

Right now I don't have a 4WD, but my next one is definitely going to have an air compressor installed so I can do things right, whatever the unpaved surface is.
Sponsored