Sponsored

Dumb a$$ drivers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups bud.
We have 800 acres to play on. It's been mentioned in other threads. At no point did I say anything about driving on public roads.
The thread title is Dumb A$$ Drivers and you chimed in so that was my assumption.
Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Freshman physics.... p=mv... and video gaming doesn't help understand the physical world.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I grew up learning to drive in the snow and ice in a 1970 Dodge Dart with no traction control and shitty tires. You learn a lot that way.
Oh yea, back in the day when everything was rear-wheel drive. I learned in a mustang.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yea, back in the day when everything was rear-wheel drive. I learned in a mustang.
Camaro for me. And I've seen this for years, people think you can drive a 4x4 on slippery roads just like you can on dry roads, forgetting that 4x4 does almost nothing at speed, and nothing to slow you down.

Case in point, in the late 90s I was a field engineer traveling with a team. We ended up in WI during a huge snowstorm, and the team lead had rented an explorer, and scared the crap out of me the way he would drive it like the roads were dry. Anyway, one morning he gunned it out of the hotel parking lot, with the front wheels turned, went through the unplowed median and lost traction, then when he hit traction on the other side he blew the bead on the outside tire. Glad something worse didn't happen ;)

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I learned in a very old used ‘69 ford XL with 390 2v with re-treads.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to drive rear wheel drive Expeditions in the Montana missile fields. Winters were always very exciting.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hope Broncos are good in it though. I’m a careful driver for sure in bad weather. Like a bunch of you, I learned back in my teens in icy empty parking lots. I mean, we did it for fun, but it was teaching us without us realizing it.

Trading my FJ in on a Bronco today. I live up on a hill and the FJ has been ok. My 16 wrangler JKU which I no longer have rocked it in the snow. Hoping the Bronco handles it well.

Anyway, be safe out there folks.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw some idiot in a sedan crunch into a curb at a turn into a kroger. He must have slammed his brakes and turned this wheel. All his momentum made his go right over the curb at about 15-20 mph. Luckily no pedestrian was run over.

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the weather gets bad and the roads are crap. I typically don’t drive on them, seen too many wrecks and blown over semis. If I need to drive in bad weather that’s what I use my old Subaru with snow tires for.

Don’t want someone slamming into my new Cyber Orange Bronco. Can’t get another one of those. ;)

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some people learn. Some people learn the hard way and others never learn.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am always amazed at the folks who seem to think that if they drive a 4x4 vehicle they are immune to the laws of physics. I saw a beautiful black 4 door Bronco slide right into the rear of a van. Dude was next to me at a light and took off like a bat outa hell when it went green. Awesome, right. 4 wheel drive works great to get ya going. Next light turns red van stops Bronco hits brakes and slides right into back of van. Just amazes me that a lot of people who own these type of vehicles think they are indestructible in rough road conditions. Slow down folks, especially you people who are new to these type of vehicles.
I was stationed in Albuquerque for 5 years.
Everdamntime there was ice/snow, I would see brand new 4WDs with the front end
pushed in.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it's people not knowing how to drive a 4x4 as much as it is a general lack of driving skills. Combine that with everyone is impatient, throw in all of the idiots glued to their damn cell phones and it's a miracle that any of us make it out alive!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll never forget driving home in a snowstorm after a couple of days on the mountain in VT. I was driving a Honda fit in the middle lane, keeping pace with traffic which was moving at or just below the speed limit. and seeing AWDs and 4x4s zip by. I started counting the accidents and folks stuck in ditches. 1 over there, 2 here, 3 there. I stopped counting after about 10+, even though there were many more, and that was before I hit the VT-NH border
Sponsored