Sponsored

Engine stopped dead deep on a trail (Fuel Pump Failure)

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, what an ordeal, glad you are safe (especially with the kids)! How many times has your Bronco been out on the trails, how many miles on it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Revserved7.14.20_1000

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Audi Q7, Gt500, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost 6800 miles. Third time on a trail. I have never had a single issue until this. The only warning I got was a rough idle for about 30 seconds, then as soon as I turned my ac off it shut off completely and hasn’t been able to start since.

OP
OP

Revserved7.14.20_1000

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Utah recovery team was able to pull me out and tow me back down the mountain, which took about 4 hours round trip.

They pulled me over the rock slide with two jeeps roped in series, then pulled me down the mountain trail with me in the middle of a jeep and a Tacoma. One kinetic strap was on my front bumper the other on my rear bumper. They had the Tacoma in back in a lower gear acting an anchor so the tension on the lines was consistent and to keep me from toasting my brakes, which was pretty clever.

we left the vehicle at the staging area at the bottom of the mountain, and currently a tow is on the way from ford.

A cool thing I noticed was that I was able to have full steering and brakes the whole way down with accessory power on. Over the 2.5 hour descent I dropped about .6V

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Utah recovery team was able to pull me out and tow me back down the mountain, which took about 4 hours round trip.

They pulled me over the rock slide with two jeeps roped in series, then pulled me down the mountain trail with me in the middle of a jeep and a Tacoma. One kinetic strap was on my front bumper the other on my rear bumper. They had the Tacoma in back in a lower gear acting an anchor so the tension on the lines was consistent and to keep me from toasting my brakes, which was pretty clever.

we left the vehicle at the staging area at the bottom of the mountain, and currently a tow is on the way from ford.

A cool thing I noticed was that I was able to have full steering and brakes the whole way down with accessory power on. Over the 2.5 hour descent I dropped about .6V
That’s awesome
Did they charge you to help?

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Y'all lucky, around salt lake in lucky if I see 1. The East Bench and up in Park City is apparently where they're at.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These damn fuel pump failures worry me more than the valve issues.
No doubt. The valves are limited to a range and have been addressed by ford..the fuel pumps are a different story.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These damn fuel pump failures worry me more than the valve issues.
Yeah. Seems from the few reports, most have several thousand miles, have done a couple of trails, and a hill was usually involved. Most had enough gas that a dry pump wasn't the issue. Quite random, but almost impossible to fix on the trail.

OP
OP

Revserved7.14.20_1000

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are definitely quite a few. I see one about every day now, but it makes sense honestly. We have all the snow/trails/parks all within an hour of the burbs. I know for a fact there are about 10-15 for rent on turo.
Sponsored