Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed my system.. JL 5ch amp, LC7 processor, Fosgate 6.5 components in front, Polk 4" rear, and a JL 13tw5 shallow mount sub. These are all components I had from old setups. I got the wiring harness from plugnplaykits.com. I never changed any settings for the rear speakers. My buddy that installed it ran everything thru the dsp and did some wiring mods. The Polk 4s sound great with just enough rear fill. Im still on the fence about upgrading when the 2dr speaker pods are released. I have a set of Fosgate 6.5 coax I will use if I do decide to upgrade. I gotta say its ridiculously loud as is. Had my top off the other day coming to work and my coworkers said they heard me coming from probably close to 1/4mi up the street. With stock setup Id have my volume at 22-23 just to hear it with top off. I was at 16 when they said that and its clean, clear, and crisp.

Trickster

Badlands
First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Badsquatch, Lux, Cactus Gray, 1991 5.7 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s why it sounds off. You have to add an external dsp for new amps. The B&O signal to the speakers is processed so you have to strip that to get a clean signal.

Like this:
https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AXDSPX-A2B2
Thx TXBRIAN, boy, those are expensive! why not just manipulate from Forscan software? IF that even really does flatten the signal, (and there are a lot of different opinions of that on all of these threads) wouldn’t that basically get you back to a stock unmolested set up?

Last edited:

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thx TXBRIAN, boy, those are expensive! why not just manipulate from Forscan software? IF that even really does flatten the signal, (and there are a lot of different opinions of that on all of these threads) wouldn’t that basically get you back to a stock unmolested set up?
No way to do it in forscan. Forscan isn't doing any dsp of the radio, that's all B&O. The adjustments people are making (I believe) are just to get full range rather than limited and on non B&O systems.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed my Mabett 6.5” pods & speakers today. My observations:

1.) These make a big difference over the 4” speakers.
2.) They fit 6.75” speakers. I used Kicker KS 6.75” and they fit like a glove.
3.) Easy to install, but still takes some time. Allow an hour.
4.) Can be installed without removing the hardtop. You just have to use the 90 degree bronco Allen wrench that came in the tool kit and remove the two screws closest to the top of the roll bar instead of the other two screws further down like the instructions say. Then once you get the pods off you can easily transfer over the brackets. It certainly would be easier to remove the hardtop, but maybe save the trouble if you want.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed my Mabett 6.5” pods & speakers today. My observations:

1.) These make a big difference over the 4” speakers.
2.) They fit 6.75” speakers. I used Kicker KS 6.75” and they fit like a glove.
3.) Easy to install, but still takes some time. Allow an hour.
4.) Can be installed without removing the hardtop. You just have to use the 90 degree bronco Allen wrench that came in the tool kit and remove the two screws closest to the top of the roll bar instead of the other two screws further down like the instructions say. Then once you get the pods off you can easily transfer over the brackets. It certainly would be easier to remove the hardtop, but maybe save the trouble if you want.
Perfect, thank you so much for the update!! Hope you enjoy them thoroughly!

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed mine yesterday as well. Great fit. Definitely need dynamat or other sound deadening material in them. I also added some poly.

Straight bolt on, easy install. Longer to dynamat and install speakers than it did to install the pods.

Fitment was spot on, and of course sound level went up dramatically.

11/10 would recommend

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone give me an idea of how much clearance they have between the mounting surface and the grill cover? The website says if the tweeter sits higher than the speaker itself it wont clear. Trying to figure out if the speakers I have are gonna work or not.

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone give me an idea of how much clearance they have between the mounting surface and the grill cover? The website says if the tweeter sits higher than the speaker itself it wont clear. Trying to figure out if the speakers I have are gonna work or not.
I did not measure, but I can tell you Focal RSE-165 fit with plenty of room to spare.

Not sure that actually helps you or not, but yea, there ya go for what its worth.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it would be cool to go with a small pod -
the existing has so much extra plastic
& a sound bar would look like a wakeboard boat

51UgtcQLDjL._AC_SX569_.jpg

2552854__53692.jpg

2553389__66517.jpg

19997576_1500.29052020120001.jpg

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not measure, but I can tell you Focal RSE-165 fit with plenty of room to spare.

Not sure that actually helps you or not, but yea, there ya go for what its worth.
Thanks for the input. I can look those up and compare to what I have.

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the input. I can look those up and compare to what I have.
Guess it was actually helpful. Good idea.

If yours are a lot bigger, let me know and I'll pull a cover and check for you. I prefer not too, because those damn tabs are senstive, but I will if needed.

dinosaurkun

Badlands
First Name
dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR BL 7sp MT in HPR, Mojave in HBP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in case you're still wondering about the Mabett pods for a 2-door bronco...i'd skip it. i tried to install it in mine...and they don't fit well. i've left them, because i can't return then and want to use the 6.5" speakers, for now. i'm still searching for another option. the MTI pods say they work for 2-door broncos...but it's $350, and no returns. kinda expensive for what may be another failure. i like the tower speaker pod ideas...but i haven't seen a mounting bar solution for 2-door broncos that you wouldn't have to custom make yourself.

the (mis)fit
the brackets supplied don't lie flush with the roll bar when attached to the pods...so i had to add some neoprene pads to keep the edges from scratching the pain. there's a plastic protrusion that guides a longer bolt that gets screwed into the C-pillar. it's too far out...so, i had to shave it down to allow the pod to fit better against the roll bar. the cover is too bulky, so the rear seatbelt pulleys hit it. i actually couldn't keep them on to get the pods installed.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fit just fine on my 2 door. Only received one set of brackets, must have been the right ones.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the Mabett pods in this weekend. End result was great, but....

We gotta talk about the install. If you have a soft top, it's going to be a very easy install. 15-20 mins tops. If you have a hard top, it's strongly recommended to take the rear panel off, as the bolts are directly under it. And - if you're like me and you have a hard top AND an aftermarket roof rack that doesn't permit the rear panel to be removed (Trailrax in my case), the install is going to be VERY difficult.

Took me about 2 hours total to get everything installed. Toughest part was working with the mounting plates that attach to the roll bar - they sit directly under the rear panel, so it took a long time to work out the torx screws with my wrench. That's another point - the Mabett video shows Phillips-head screws as the top screws on the mounting plate - they are T30 Torx screws. Plan accordingly!

In my case, I ended up taking off the front and middle panel so I could at least have a visual reference on the mounting plates. I then took the entire plates off the roll bar and first attached the mounting plates to the new pods, and then attached the entire assembly back to the roll bar. Due to the lack of clearance, I had to take my time and wrench very slowly.

Once the pods were installed, I added Dynamat and polyfill, and then wired up my speakers. I went with Audison APX 65s. I had the Saleen rear pod adapters from an early install, and they worked great.

End result - looks and sounds great! Pods are built very solid and, not including the top mount drama, installation was straightforward. I have a Kicker Key amp powering my front/rear channels, but I decided against using their DSP tune (tried it, not a fan). Instead, I used Forscan to flatten the EQ and restore low end to the rear speakers. Difference is substantial - lots of rear fill now and proper full range on front and rear channels. I'm finally enveloped in sound! Much fuller response all around as well.

Highly recommended the Mabett pods - just know what you're getting into if you have a hard top or roof rack. To be fair, you'll run into this issue with any aftermarket pods, but still something to be aware of.
What Forscan lines did you hit with what settings? B&O or base system? Sub or not? I’d love to get the details.
The only lines I’ve touched are 727-01-01 and 727-01-02. Are there others?
Sponsored