Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just came across a great youtube playlist Off-Road scenic drives in the S.W. WOW. Worth checking out!
I plan to go back to Utah to take many of these drives. I am more into scenic and beautiful views.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I could finally see a Badlands- 2dr-VB.. However..
My future Bronco? If VB looks like this, I am good with that ..I think the gray neutralizes the VB..Love the tube doors!!
What do you guys think?

9F1482FC-5336-48B6-9B81-EBCA63E4AABF.png

7447D922-6CE1-49F6-8F1B-ABF9BFEBF4A7.jpeg

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well my Badlands friends, I'm still trying to stay Positive on my Badlands Build after this New B&P thing came up but Ford is really trying to make it Hard, I'm sticking it out and see how things go next month, Here's Hoping for the Best ?

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely understand why so many people are not happy. The lack of communication and continued surprises in regards to the bronco build/ cost would drive most people away. However, I am not surprised. Based on other Ford builds, the auto pricing just did not seem right to me.
With that being stated, I feel more then ever, that my trim / build is perfect for me. Manual, upgraded 33” and 2-door is looking like a great value now ?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This week has been challenging but in a way it has sharpened my focus. More than ever I am determined to get a Badlands Carb Gray 2-door in my garage even if I have to carry it on my back!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Since switching from Black Diamond to Badlands fairly early in the process (once it became apparent the only way to get the 210 front axle and pair of lockers on BD was Squatch, then BD was out), there hasn't really been a single thing along the way that has upset me or a prospective build. Sure there are some delays but if you take a wholistic approach to the Bronco timeline, the only thing that really matters to the owner is when you need it by and if it's available by then. Delaying B&P, or errors with B&P, or delays with submitting your order aren't all that important overall. Broncos will still get built and Ford is perhaps one quarter behind schedule for production. Considering 2020, that's not bad at all!

Seeing Cactus Gray change from an incredible heritage color to week-old Condom Goo was as heartbreaking for me as it must be for those of you with teenage daughters dating a d-bag.

However, turn that frown upside down! No, i'm not talking PP, i'm talking about not having to wait for a white top, duh!

Except that for me the exterior color change from Condom Goo to Race Red has simply shifted the top color from white to painted shadow black. I think it's going to be an excellent combination and keep the textures/gloss consistent which will be a real looker.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco-Badlands vs. Jeep-Rubicon (Pros / Cons)

First, I would like to state that I plan to get a Badlands and I am NOT a jeep hater. I honestly love the competition.

For those of you how might own Jeeps already and plan to / or not buy a Bronco.. Why or why not?
What are some pros and cons to getting a Bronco vs. a Jeep?
I really hope that Jeep and Bronco owners becomes a friendly rivalry.. At the end of the day.. we all want a fun, open air and capable vehicle!
IMO: I do not see other vehicles being in the same class. If the doors, windows do not come off.. I do not care for it.

What is your thoughts on this? Thanks and Happy New Year!!

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco-Badlands vs. Jeep-Rubicon (Pros / Cons)

First, I would like to state that I plan to get a Badlands and I am NOT a jeep hater. I honestly love the competition.

For those of you how might own Jeeps already and plan to / or not buy a Bronco.. Why or why not?
What are some pros and cons to getting a Bronco vs. a Jeep?
I really hope that Jeep and Bronco owners becomes a friendly rivalry.. At the end of the day.. we all want a fun, open air and capable vehicle!
IMO: I do not see other vehicles being in the same class. If the doors, windows do not come off.. I do not care for it.

What is your thoughts on this? Thanks and Happy New Year!!
To help pass the time, I have been looking at the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU. I am still planning to buy a Badlands, but the 4 door Rubicon has some appeal. I understand everyone has specific plans for what they will do with their Bronco. My plan is to explore off-road trails and camp along the way.

Surprisingly, the JLU might be a better fit mainly due to the aftermarket support as well as the known GVWR. I will need a Rhino-Rack Backbone rack with a Pioneer Platform to hold the gear that will exceed 165lbs dynamic. I also need to remove the rear seat and have a full Goose Gear Plate System to include the sleeping platform and camp kitchen. I know someday Rhino-Rack and Goose Gear may have products ready for the Bronco, just do not know when.

I will add, the Jeep Sarge Green color is appealing! But maybe someday, Bronco will have a green color as well. :)

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a safari top (same as the bimini) for my Wrangler. I used it for less than a year and ended up going with the mesh top. The mesh top gives great sun protection while still giving an open air feel. I’m definitely getting a mesh top, but it will be aftermarket. Ford is charging $400 for theirs. I paid less than $100 for the one on my Wrangler.
How does the mesh Bimini hold up on the interstate/55-70mph? Does it stay pretty taut or is it all floppy and noisy?

Sponsored

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does the mesh Bimini hold up on the interstate/55-70mph? Does it stay pretty taut or is it all floppy and noisy?
I’ve had mine at highway speeds regularly (75-80) and it tays tight - I’ve had zero flap issues. I was concerned about this at first but has never been an issue.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JULY 31st.. Looks like 2022 club for me...

It is very nice to hear how so many of you are very positive and making the best of the situation. I hope they keep Velocity Blue for the 22 model. I do not think there will be a Big price increase for many reasons.

Personally, I think why I am sad / disappointed and a little angry with how Ford has handled this. See points:

1. Once they knew how many people ordered the Bronco in the first 3 DAYS(Over 150,000), they should have stated then the the likely hoop of any one after the 15th of July would get a 2022 model.
2. Even if the delay did not happen (6-8 weeks at most) there was NO WAY IN HELL they would have been able to produce $100,000. The suggested September 18th cut-off was completely misleading!!!!
3. Still, I am very excited about getting Bronco and its has been great being apart to the BRONCO G6 community.

THINKING OF GETTING THE BRONCO.. HAS BEEN THE BEST DISTRACTION FROM CORONA!!

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It is very nice to hear how so many of you are very positive and making the best of the situation. I hope they keep Velocity Blue for the 22 model. I do not think there will be a Big price increase for many reasons.

Personally, I think why I am sad / disappointed and a little angry with how Ford has handled this. See points:

1. Once they knew how many people ordered the Bronco in the first 3 DAYS(Over 150,000), they should have stated then the the likely hoop of any one after the 15th of July would get a 2022 model.
2. Even if the delay did not happen (6-8 weeks at most) there was NO WAY IN HELL they would have been able to produce $100,000. The suggested September 18th cut-off was completely misleading!!!!
3. Still, I am very excited about getting Bronco and its has been great being apart to the BRONCO G6 community.

August 3 for me, got a e-mail from my dealer the other day pretty much confirming my Badlands will be a MY 22, I'm still going to put my order in now and he told me any options that come out for MY 22 I can add when the order banks for 22 open, keeping the faith and my fingers crossed here. ?

Janskin

Badlands
First Name
Marvin/Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram, Past owner of 68’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were number 3 at our original dealer, but they couldn’t commit on a dollar figure so swapped to another dealer with $1000 below invoice but now like #350 where the allocation is only roughly 120. Yeah I screwed myself but did I really? I’ll admit we are limping along on vehicles by choice waiting on the Bronco being one has 157k miles and the other is at 120k miles neither being a diesel. Ford has really screwed the pooch on all of this Bronco roll out but here I sit still anxiously waiting to order so I can wait on delivery. Badlands, High, leather, 2.7 auto, towing, with the MIC in Cactus Gray.
Sponsored