Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dang it...now I have an extra harness I don't need ;)

It was super easy installing it to the upfitter switches though, at least I'm getting some use of them...
Sponsored

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This whole thread is exactly why I did not get the mod bumper. It’s easier to get an aftermarket bumper and fit lights on it than it is to get an integrated fog light switch that looks/works right after the factory.
I totally agree... unfortunately when I was building out my Wildtrak, I didn't see this one coming.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It is confirmed if you have the front sensors you have the foglight wiring. I just verified the it exists on my Badlands the passenger side and the wire insulation color matches. Does any of the after market lights have a compatible connector? if not it should not be too hard to make a jumper.
IMG_0843.jpg
IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0845.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg
So, looking for any clarification anyone can provide. Apologies up front if the answer is obvious but I'm very much a novice at automotive wiring.

From this thread and my own work on my 2021 Bronco FE, I see i have the fog light wires on the passenger side (Yellow/orange(+) and black/green(ground?)). Driver's side is Brown(+) and black/green (ground?).

I'm trying to connect through the replacement light switch inside that now has the fog light button. Connecting a set of Rigid Scene lights from SPV.

All the forscan was changed based on the helpful info in this and other threads.

What I can't figure out is how to connect the wiring behind the tow hooks. The harness that came with the rigid has the 6 lights bundled in three sets of two and I'm going to control one set with the fog light button. So, the harness collects what will be the hot wire for that one set of lights in one connector.

The question is, what do I connect to that one + wire that goes to that set of fogs? Do i need to connect both the positives (yellow/orange and brown) to that one hot wire to the fog set? Also, what do I do with the black/green ground wires?

Again, sorry if the answers are obvious, but they are totally eluding me.

Thanks for any help!

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

**SOLD**

I found out I don’t have the harness last weekend when I put in the awesome Baja Designs Pocket kit I got from @4x4truckleds. So, I have a factory fog switch M2DZ-11654-AB available to the first person who coughs up $75. I’ll even pay the shipping in the US of A.

Last edited:

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, looking for any clarification anyone can provide. Apologies up front if the answer is obvious but I'm very much a novice at automotive wiring.

From this thread and my own work on my 2021 Bronco FE, I see i have the fog light wires on the passenger side (Yellow/orange(+) and black/green(ground?)). Driver's side is Brown(+) and black/green (ground?).

I'm trying to connect through the replacement light switch inside that now has the fog light button. Connecting a set of Rigid Scene lights from SPV.

All the forscan was changed based on the helpful info in this and other threads.

What I can't figure out is how to connect the wiring behind the tow hooks. The harness that came with the rigid has the 6 lights bundled in three sets of two and I'm going to control one set with the fog light button. So, the harness collects what will be the hot wire for that one set of lights in one connector.

The question is, what do I connect to that one + wire that goes to that set of fogs? Do i need to connect both the positives (yellow/orange and brown) to that one hot wire to the fog set? Also, what do I do with the black/green ground wires?

Again, sorry if the answers are obvious, but they are totally eluding me.

Thanks for any help!
There's a matching connector on the other side in the same place! smile. I DM'd you with my cell number if you want to get a walk through. You can buy a pigtail to match the factory harness end, Next , you can buy an adapter harness to get the back light power without tapping a wire if you want a simple plug in . All can be done really inexpensive if you want to use butt splices. If you spend a little money you don't have to do anything to your existing harness.

Using an aux switch or switches is straight forward and no more dollars. I bought a replacement headlight switch and made the Forescan changes to enable the Fogs on the headlight switch. If you add other items you have to decide what's your path for saving aux switch locations for later. I ran both spot and flood pocket lights on one aux switch as the amp draw on the ones I purchased were all in "11 amps." I used aux position number 2 , ( green with a brown stripe) that is rated at 15 amps so no issue.

Regards,
George

Last edited:

Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's a matching connector on the other side in the same place! smile. I DM'd you with my cell number if you want to get a walk through. You can buy a pigtail to match the factory harness end, Next , you can buy an adapter harness to get the back light power without tapping a wire if you want a simple plug in . All can be done really inexpensive if you want to use butt splices. If you spend a little money you don't have to do anything to your existing harness.

Using an aux switch or switches is straight forward and no more dollars. I bought a replacement headlight switch and made the Forescan changes to enable the Fogs on the headlight switch. If you add other items you have to decide what's your path for saving aux switch locations for later. I ran both spot and flood pocket lights on one aux switch as the amp draw on the ones I purchased were all in "11 amps." I used aux position number 2 , ( green with a brown stripe) that is rated at 15 amps so no issue.

Regards,
George
Thanks! Just figured it out about 20 minutes after I posted. Sat down and thought it out and realized I wasn’t accounting for the ground wire. That was keeping the whole thing from functioning.

Got the fog set running through the replacement switch on the dash and it works perfectly. The two other pair are on switches 5 and 4 (I have ditch lights on 6).

I appreciate you taking the time to apply. Was racking my brain on what I was missing and then wanting to kick myself when I figured it out 🤦🏻

In the end, all good. Learned a LOT and now have some very cool likes on this amazing rig!

Thanks for all the info and assistance from all my Bronco brothers and sisters out there! This is a great community to be a part of.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies, it wasn’t specified since it didn’t really need to be. It would be

726-42-01-xxxx-0101-xxxx

The first 01 is the Left (Driver) and the second is the Right (Passenger). If you double check that it’s enabled then yes it could be a faulty plug or a problematic pin in the main harness. You’d need to diagnose with a multimeter to see if you receive anything at all and depending on your skill set you could check continuity through the harness to verify it’s the harness or something else.
I did it! This was the step I was missing. I had it all done but no fog lights. Then I saw this post. TY!

rwm01

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS1, 2023 Renegade, 2004 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. I've searched thru the ForScan threads, fog light threads and a forum search and find nothing.

What is the Fog Lamp Ckt Usage line in the BdyCM programming?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. I've searched thru the ForScan threads, fog light threads and a forum search and find nothing.

What is the Fog Lamp Ckt Usage line in the BdyCM programming?
Various ways to use that circuit. There are a few options outside of the main function of fog lights. You can use it as a cornering light which I believe is tied to the respective turn signal but I haven't seen this actually fielded and might need other BCM things enabled. There is a DRL option which is self-explanatory and are also likely linked to separate BCM changes. And then there is a power supply option. This would output a steady 12 volts of power. I think this is independent of the fog light switch setting and is just a constant hot source. I am not however sure if this is key on dependent, though I assume it is. I was curious what this setting would do early on with Forscan and the Bronco so I tried it out just to see but I only tested it with the key on and I can't remember if it responded to hitting the fog light switch or not. Could be a useful option for sourcing power for other things.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Various ways to use that circuit. There are a few options outside of the main function of fog lights. You can use it as a cornering light which I believe is tied to the respective turn signal but I haven't seen this actually fielded and might need other BCM things enabled. There is a DRL option which is self-explanatory and are also likely linked to separate BCM changes. And then there is a power supply option. This would output a steady 12 volts of power. I think this is independent of the fog light switch setting and is just a constant hot source. I am not however sure if this is key on dependent, though I assume it is. I was curious what this setting would do early on with Forscan and the Bronco so I tried it out just to see but I only tested it with the key on and I can't remember if it responded to hitting the fog light switch or not. Could be a useful option for sourcing power for other things.
As I just did this to hook a light bar to my fog switch(mod bumper no factory fogs) the power supply setting does not respond to the fog light switch key on power on.

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Received my pigtails yesterday and connected them this morning. Took just a few minutes to connect and swap out the factory fog button assembly. Forscan went smooth except for when I went into IPC. Somehow, I ended up resetting the IPC rather than going into the IPC configuration. It didn't seem to affect anything, and all it seemed to do was ask me to choose what views to add to the dash display. Everything works good so far after making the appropriate forscan changes. I get power and the dash indicator.
After using the pigtail, does it still require running power or ground wire, or does the wiring harness pigtail essentially do that function for the fogs in the HD bumper?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After using the pigtail, does it still require running power or ground wire, or does the wiring harness pigtail essentially do that function for the fogs in the HD bumper?
No. The power and ground come from the body harness side of the pigtail connector and straight from the BCM

LanCar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finished installing the Diode Dynamics Elite Series fog Lamps this weekend on my 2021 Base. I replaced the factory headlight switch with the front fog enabled one and made the necessary changes in FORScan. I am very pleased with the build quality and the amber backlight capability.
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_6975.JPG
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_6977.JPG

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished installing the Diode Dynamics Elite Series fog Lamps this weekend on my 2021 Base. I replaced the factory headlight switch with the front fog enabled one and made the necessary changes in FORScan. I am very pleased with the build quality and the amber backlight capability.
Did you set them up as cornering lights? Probably my favorite thing about adding fogs.

medic603

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Managed to get set of @ORACLE Lighting triple fogs with whites on factory fog switch and yellows on aux 5. Somehow I neglected to see the forscan change needed to get the dash icon. Will have fix that later.

Hello, wondering if you may be able to assist me. I have the oracle triple fogs lights, changed to the updated factory switch with the single fog light switch, and used the 4x4TruckLEd adapter harness to connect to factory wiring, and have followed all the ForScan changes but still cannot get power to lights or indicator on the dash.
Sponsored