Sponsored

Feb-21-2022 Build Delays - called Ford customer service... few changes...

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still don't get why they won't/can't do a 2 door with factory soft top instead of the MIC. Is it some sort of gov't reg? Hard to think so since Jeep sells so many without a hard top.....
This is one of the areas where I'm willing to give Ford some leeway. It it was so simple, I think they would have done it in order to ease the pressure on the MIC production. We really have no idea what challenges Ford would have to meet to offer this. Design, engineering, getting a contractor and a new manufacturing line in place, all kinds of analyses and tests they would have to do over. A roof is not a minor component. And we've seen that even the ones they spent years designing have issues. A rush job could be a real piece of crap.

A third party roof supplier doesn't have to meet the same standards as Ford does when they are selling you integral factory parts.
Sponsored

Leebadlands69

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
time for me to buy a Junker or lease something for a year....or two. Told my daughter she could have the car thinking I'd get my 7/20/20 Rev., 10/21/21, 22 Badlands order by now. What a joke. Think goodness my old 2004 ford F-150 is still running. This sucks!

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For illustration purposes, only 71.2% of Order with Advanced 4x4 can be built, Only 59.4% of orders with 2.7 Engine can be built, etc. etc.
We've had this conversation before, but that's not what that means.

For simplicity's sake, let's invent some numbers. Ford is building 100 Broncos. 75% of the orders are for 2.7L. The national constraint percent for 2.7L is 60%. No other parts are constrained.

What you are saying is that Ford can produce 45 2.7L Broncos (60% * 75 ordered) - 30 short of if there were no constraints.

The list actually means the percentage of all Broncos that can be built with that part. So in my example, 60 2.7L Broncos can be produced -- 15 short of if there were no constraints.

So the list only gives you part of the story. How much a part is holding back an order is determined by both the percentage on that list, and the percentage of overall orders with that part.

Deleted member 21681

6 points here!
At this point, I’m not sure what would be worse: having my bronco delayed longer or having it delivered (and financed) right before I try to get a mortgage for a new house this summer.

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
2dr, obviously MIC top, Modular bumper. I have had a VIN # for a few weeks and was scheduled for 2/10, now scheduled for 2/25 and have received my window sticker

Sponsored

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My life waiting, waiting, waiting...for my Bronco!

Ford Bronco Feb-21-2022 Build Delays - called Ford customer service... few changes... tumblr_n5m4hwOMDG1rrx588o1_400

AC_Mikey

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
just passed my 1 year anniversary in this holding pattern. good times!

Capture.JPG

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...
Is this a holding pattern for scheduling or building? Like will this affect you if you already have a build date?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don’t let this keep you from getting what you want. I had the following restraints and got my Bronco. Obviously, some are getting built.

WT
2 door
Tow
MIC
Lux
Leather
Modular bumper
Sasquatch

CM53119

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mustang GT Vert, '19 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...

thats odd, im sure mine will have issues with delays in delivery, but mine went into production - Original production date is 2/28. I checked this AM and I am "in production" with 4 door MIC Badlands 7 speed.... hopefully they dont change their mind hah

Sponsored

Regulator Johnson

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do not give up hope. I was given a Feb 21 build date and checked Ford.com today and it says my BL/SAS is "In Production". I have seven of the eight deadly sins, so some builds actually go through.
P.S. Feb 21 was the fifth build date I had been given.

Bronco9462

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Wheel Of Fortune has a 4 door cyber orange Badlands as a prize to win!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

just passed my 1 year anniversary in this holding pattern. good times!

Ford Bronco Feb-21-2022 Build Delays - called Ford customer service... few changes... Capture.JPG
your dealer is named 'Maple Shade'? That sounds like a dirty look you get in Canada...

"This guy cut me off in the line at Tim Horton's, I was throwing some serious Maple Shade at that hoser, ya know?"

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've had this conversation before, but that's not what that means.

For simplicity's sake, let's invent some numbers. Ford is building 100 Broncos. 75% of the orders are for 2.7L. The national constraint percent for 2.7L is 60%. No other parts are constrained.

What you are saying is that Ford can produce 45 2.7L Broncos (60% * 75 ordered) - 30 short of if there were no constraints.

The list actually means the percentage of all Broncos that can be built with that part. So in my example, 60 2.7L Broncos can be produced -- 15 short of if there were no constraints.

So the list only gives you part of the story. How much a part is holding back an order is determined by both the percentage on that list, and the percentage of overall orders with that part.
Apologies, yes out of all Broncos ordered, not just ones with that equipment I remember that now. And I agree it’s only part of the picture. Thanks!

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is one of the areas where I'm willing to give Ford some leeway. It it was so simple, I think they would have done it in order to ease the pressure on the MIC production. We really have no idea what challenges Ford would have to meet to offer this. Design, engineering, getting a contractor and a new manufacturing line in place, all kinds of analyses and tests they would have to do over. A roof is not a minor component. And we've seen that even the ones they spent years designing have issues. A rush job could be a real piece of crap.

A third party roof supplier doesn't have to meet the same standards as Ford does when they are selling you integral factory parts.
What about as a dealer installed option?
Sponsored