Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes no difference since those that ordered black already explicitly agreed to not having their FEs arrive late. If anything those people should be happy now that there’s a chance to be scheduled before autumn.
Some black interiors have already been scheduled
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some black interiors have already been scheduled
I’m aware. This, again, changes nothing.

When people placed their orders for black interior, Ford set the expectation that their FE wouldn’t be manufactured until late summer/fall. These people should’ve had the expectation that their FE wouldn’t be produced until September or later. So to get angry now that it wasn’t scheduled for June production makes no sense and deserves no pity. They specifically acknowledged that they were fine getting their Bronco’s in autumn which in turn means they were fine with non-FE customers/customers with later timestamps being manufactured first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlhill16

jlhill16

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

When people placed their orders for black interior, Ford set the expectation that their FE wouldn’t be manufactured until late summer/fall. These people should’ve had the expectation that their FE wouldn’t be produced until September or later. So to get angry now that it wasn’t scheduled for June production makes no sense and deserves no pity. They specifically acknowledged that they were fine getting their Bronco’s in autumn.
I swear. You Navy pier people are the worst. LOL :)

Biigiy214

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I would of reserved a fe I would be mad also because you would think they were the first off the line.I did reserve a Bronco but late and hopefully it comes in sometime early next year.Look at all the people that bought the limited production 2008 Dodge Challengers that were only going to be so many built and they stored them in there garages thinking these will be worth money some day.Well that backfired and then did only built limited dodge demons with 807 hp and then the next year they came out with a 797 hp version that anyone can buy it just never stops.I am not saying that the fe’s were going to be a collector vehicle but when they first edition you guys should be first.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well hopefully if any problems arise with builds where a recall is needed said problem is discovered before July....

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When people placed their orders for black interior, Ford set the expectation that their FE wouldn’t be manufactured until late summer/fall. These people should’ve had the expectation that their FE wouldn’t be produced until September or later. So to get angry now that it wasn’t scheduled for June production makes no sense and deserves no pity. They specifically acknowledged that they were fine getting their Bronco’s in autumn which in turn means they were fine with non-FE customers/customers with later timestamps being manufactured first.
Ah, I see what you're saying. I agree with that. FWIW I don't know why anyone who reserved an FE expected that they would be first off the line. I sure didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you understand the car business dealer allocations were absolutely on your radar. There was zero chance these we’re going to get built and shipped around the country in exact time stamp order. It is physically impossible at the production level and logistically impossible at the shipping/dealer level. You have to understand Fords customers are the dealers, not you.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First, in this case, captures both first year of the new model AND " top-of-the-line."
That was my understanding. As my sales guy put it: "first edition" is 'it has most options packages included' in a first year of production, but it could be months before it gets here. He's also the guy who explained 'scatter' scheduling to me back in January. Even though I am the only FE at their dealership, I don't expect it before late July. If it shows up earlier, I'll be surprised.

Sponsored

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I guess everyone who’s sad in this thread ordered Navy Pier? Because if you ordered black interior, the expectation was clearly set that your FE wouldn’t be “first” in any way…
I do have a black interior but they said it will be late delivery MY21, which I am OK with. They also said the 2.7L engine and Sas package, and several others are in short supply.
I can understand that Ford wants to keep production running and would rather make a 2.3L Base than nothing at all.
I am not happy that they are using in shortage parts for a cheaper car that was ordered after mine and jeopardize additional delays on mine.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do have a black interior but they said it will be late delivery MY21, which I am OK with. They also said the 2.7L engine and Sas package, and several others are in short supply.
I can understand that Ford wants to keep production running and would rather make a 2.3L Base than nothing at all.
I am not happy that they are using in shortage parts for a cheaper car that was ordered after mine and jeopardize additional delays on mine.
Good news!

They announced that the black interior was no longer late availability.

(the way it was worded made it sound like the initial delay wasn’t related to material availability, but rather testing and final approval, which had been expedited)

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good news!

(the way it was worded made it sound like the initial delay wasn’t related to material availability, but rather testing and final approval, which had been expedited)
I think this added to the level of angst for some folks who stuck with Navy Pier hoping that would guarantee an earlier build, since if you wanted Black you were aware that it was late availability. And I imagine a lot of people switched to Black (although I have no data to back that up.) In theory those with Navy Pier would have moved to the front of the FE line.

Then the scheduling emails started getting posted and people saw builds with Black interiors and...just another wtf moment since there was no communication from Ford or opportunity to switch interiors before those initial builds were scheduled.

I switched from Black to Navy Pier after the dual top delay with the hopes of getting it early. Since I didn’t land in the first scheduling wave I switched back to Black as it’s no longer a constraint...but looks like I’ll be waiting for it anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good news!

So instead of December 15th, you now get your vehicle December 14th instead.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anybody know how many reservation (all trims) occurred in the first 4 hours after the system opened up? I got an FE out of the first 3500 which I think were sold out about that far into the system opener. I'm just curious...I guess I figured since a buyer could modify to any lower trim that most of the early reservations were for an FE, but maybe there was a lot more non-FE reserved???

Maybe ZackDanger knows how to find the data???

Sponsored