Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm either going to epoxy my latches or apply so much silicon to them it would be a pain to remove quickly. I have zero intentions of removing the flares ever and if I do I don't mind breaking the latches as I would be replacing the flare anyways.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never seen so much concern over something that has yet to happen once. 😂 Nobody cares about your fender flares. Broncos have been traveling all over the country for over a year now and nobody has messed with them yet.
That is sooooo what a person that will steal my fender flares would say

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I halfway hope my body-matched OBX ones get stolen so I have a solid reason to upgrade to MIC ones.

Not at the top of my list as a necessary upgrade but is on the want list.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Best deterrent would be Ford pricing replacement sets at like 80 bucks lol.

Agreed though, this seems to be something we are only talking about because we have so little to talk about from waiting and over-analyzing for so long.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What good will engraving anything on them do? On ebay you won't see it until you have them in hand. Then what? You call the number to see if they were stolen? Engraving them will not be a deterrent for theft. The thief likely won't see it until he has them off and is long gone. How many people outside of the Bronco forum world will even know that the flairs are easily removed?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will just glue the little levers down, don't intend to ever take them off. They won't be cheap, I doubt a set will sell for less than 300-500. Not something that'll create a huge profitable market, but some asshole that scratched theirs up might just want to swap them out for nicer ones in the parking garage. Or get a set of my Sasquatch ones for cheap...

As for the rear tire, mine will have at least two different security lugnuts on them to make that less easy for the casual thief. All wheels will also have two different ones and the keys will be hidden in the Bronco somewhere, not with the lift/tools in the trunk.

I live in a really nice area with (in the mean time, not when we bought) not a single house under $1 million. That attracts scum. Recently somebody had all 4 tires stolen off their car - some Honda or similar, nothing even special. Don't have time for nonsense like that. Have had wheel locks on my Taco since I got it too.

Best theft prevention is always to make it less attractive/easy. Move on to the next (easier) target.
I live in a town voted safest city in America 7 out of 10 years. Sure, rarely anyone ever gets mugged or murdered, but this type of BS happens all the time.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I knew how to attach a GIF, I would attach that clip of the device used to prevent car jacking’ s featured in the Naked Gun movies starring Leslie Nielsen.

That would be the ultimate theft deterrent.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those of you worried about someone stealing your flares...how many of you own one of these?

31X9TdKgYrL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve never seen so much concern over something that has yet to happen once. 😂 Nobody cares about your fender flares. Broncos have been traveling all over the country for over a year now and nobody has messed with them yet.
The fender flares are probably the ugliest feature of what is otherwise a nearly perfect vehicle. Ford is doing us a favor making them easy to throw awa... I mean remove.🤣🤣

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I halfway hope my body-matched OBX ones get stolen so I have a solid reason to upgrade to MIC ones.

Not at the top of my list as a necessary upgrade but is on the want list.
What color are you getting. If Rapid Red, I may be willing to trade for my BD flares.
Sponsored