Sponsored

Flat tow Bronco for cross country drive / move?

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess imp not moving ACROSS the country but half way across the country lol. I'm moving from Chicago to Raleigh. Ill leave the politics out of it but its time for me to say my good byes to the entire state of Illinois (and I'm young, I can still just get up and go) . I am loading an entire truck of all my stuff and my girlfriends stuff. She will drive her jeep compass (gross i know) to NC and i will drive the U-Haul. That said who drives my bronco. Uhaul says my bronco wont fit on the flat tow equipment they have but i can put it on the trailer they have. Has anyone does this? if anyone has and has a photo i would love to see it. Stock wheels from the badlands with sasquatch package. i would hate to have to ship my car and my girlfriend cant drive stick.

AT-dimensions.png
AutoTransportLarge.png
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't towed the Bronco via the Uhaul trailer but I did transport a lifted '96 Land Rover DI w/ 35s on the same trailer. The rover is in the same weight range as the Bronco, maybe a bit heavier. Towed with my 1/2-ton GMC 100+ miles through a snow storm w/o issue.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can buy a flat tow A arm for $100. As long as you can affix the mounts to the front of your Bronco, and have a capable vehicle to do the pulling, you should be able to flat tow regardless of what Uhaul says. (Using my CJ-7 I've flat towed other CJs and an old Mustang.)

But ... read about all the Bronco flat tow transmission issues first. I'd be real careful flat towing a Bronco due to the risk of the electronics engaging the transmission. I'd be inclined to disconnect the Bronco driveshafts, to be on the safe side.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Congrats on getting out of IL :) When I moved I had to move 4 cars and a truck. I just made multiple trips which was time consuming but still cheaper than using transport. One of them my older mustang went on a borrowed open trailer.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I flat tow a lot, but would recommend the trailer for a one off trip. Setting up for flat tow is not that easy. My first recommendation is to teach GF to drive a stick and put the Compass on the trailer. Or.. go ahead and trailer the Bronco.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess imp not moving ACROSS the country but half way across the country lol. I'm moving from Chicago to Raleigh. Ill leave the politics out of it but its time for me to say my good byes to the entire state of Illinois (and I'm young, I can still just get up and go) . I am loading an entire truck of all my stuff and my girlfriends stuff. She will drive her jeep compass (gross i know) to NC and i will drive the U-Haul. That said who drives my bronco. Uhaul says my bronco wont fit on the flat tow equipment they have but i can put it on the trailer they have. Has anyone does this? if anyone has and has a photo i would love to see it. Stock wheels from the badlands with sasquatch package. i would hate to have to ship my car and my girlfriend cant drive stick.

AT-dimensions.png
AutoTransportLarge.png
I haven't towed the Bronco via the Uhaul trailer but I did transport a lifted '96 Land Rover DI w/ 35s on the same trailer. The rover is in the same weight range as the Bronco, maybe a bit heavier. Towed with my 1/2-ton GMC 100+ miles through a snow storm w/o issue.
20171029_072108.jpg

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
The flat towing transmission issue, were with automatics.
Sponsored