Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • As a bigger guy, I wish the door openings were either a little bit longer, or the b-pillar wasn't so bulky. My back and shoulders are always hitting up against the b-pillars on the way in and out. When I try to scoot the seat forward to avoid the b-pillar, I deal with my knees hitting the center console or the doors. It's not uncomfortable enough to ruin the driving/riding experience but it's definitely noticeable like a new pair of shoes.
This is what killed any idea of buying a 4-door for me. On the 2-Door the door is 6" longer, and thus the B-pillar is 5-6" further back and actually behind your shoulder.
Sponsored

Mitch

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr MIC 2.3L auto VB OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My "complaints" are less issues and more "wishes"

1) I don't need a memory seat but I miss the easy exit seat that would pull back to make it easier to exit when the engine got shut off.
2) I wish the Waze NAV option could go full screen like the stock NAV option.
3) When I have Waze up, I wish the side section would stay on the setting I selected. Once I put the care in R it reverts back to the stock NAV option - for dueling maps.
4) Its been very windy lately - and the Bronco catches every gust.
5) Don't drop anything in the back seat at night. There is zero lighting.
6) Wish mud flaps could be used with the side step without drilling options.
7) Wish there were better front license plate options that did not require drilling. I am currently using a clamp on a tow hook.
8) Wish I could use the front camera option at higher speed settings, I understand why I can't but wish I could.

Shamalama86

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I absolutely love it and had a hard time coming up with a complaint, so here's this: The auto start/stop disables itself too often.
Has for scan come out with a delete yet? I was hoping mine was going to be deleted but as of now I don’t think it is

Shamalama86

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My "complaints" are less issues and more "wishes"

1) I don't need a memory seat but I miss the easy exit seat that would pull back to make it easier to exit when the engine got shut off.
2) I wish the Waze NAV option could go full screen like the stock NAV option.
3) When I have Waze up, I wish the side section would stay on the setting I selected. Once I put the care in R it reverts back to the stock NAV option - for dueling maps.
4) Its been very windy lately - and the Bronco catches every gust.
5) Don't drop anything in the back seat at night. There is zero lighting.
6) Wish mud flaps could be used with the side step without drilling options.
7) Wish there were better front license plate options that did not require drilling. I am currently using a clamp on a tow hook.
8) Wish I could use the front camera option at higher speed settings, I understand why I can't but wish I could.
Are you saying yours didn’t come with the bracket for the plate? Or it did and the dealership just drilled into bumper

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The alternator is in a bad spot and seems to be more of an issue the longer people own these and actually go off-roading…or just thru a puddle that has muddy water. Other than that we love it.

Sponsored

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1) Wind noise (expected, but still a bit distracting)

2) Squarish digital instruments

3) The butterfly-throttle lagging the go-pedal

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lack of lighting/speaker rollbar over the back seat, can't find anything behind my seat at night. I actually liked the b-pillar crossbar in my Wrangler. Provided light for the back seat area and gave better sound.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Biggest complaint? I honestly can't think of a small complaint. It's a blast and doing everything I want it to, on and off road. It's my favorite toy right now.

Top off, doors off, plenty of off road. Some folks just need to enjoy life and stop sweating the little things.

Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The instrument layout is silly. A conventional tach, along with speedo, odometer, temp, amp, oil pressure, gas gauges would be most appreciated.

The “miles to empty” being on the default screen is nice though. I have a manual and it’s cool that the the gear you’re in is displayed. Never had that before. Never needed it, but it’s still cool.

A proper pull handle emergency brake would be nice, but I like that the emergency brake automatically releases when you start driving.

Getting into the backseat of the 2 door requires gymnastic skill and size. The front seats need to be able to pull further forward to improve ingress/egress.

The back seats should fold down flat. There shouldn’t be carpet on the back of the rear seats.

The Capable bumper, stock on a Badlands, should be winch compatible.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you remember to take the fob out of your pocket/ bag / etc and hold it against the pillar or roof prior to closing the door with the engine running it will prevent the double honk for removing the key fob from the vehicle when it is running.

Works the same as all of the previous Fords I've either owned or driven with intelligent access. That's the free workaround. Vs having to change the software with Forscan and an obd adapter.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• I've only driven mine on the beach twice, and both times wound up being kicked out of Sand Mode while throwing multiple error messages. Dealer says this is all normal (even gave me a print out explaining how the 4WD system works to somehow prove their point) while I know better.
  • Adaptive cruise control should have been standard on all trims.
  • It takes quite a bit longer to stop than I'm used to.
  • On rough/ bumpy roads the ride can be quite jarring, but hey it's an off road oriented vehicle so what did you really expect ;) . I don't agree that it rides as nice as a luxury car like some would have you believe, although on a smooth highway it's quite nice.
  • The driver's seat isn't as comfortable as I'd like due to the weird indentation placed in the middle of the upper back, but with a seat cushion it helps a little.
  • I don't understand placing the headlight switch as a knob near my left knee instead of having it on a stalk on the steering wheel like my other vehicles. In Maryland you need to have your headlights on when it's raining so if I have to turn them on while driving it unnecessarily takes my attention away from the road.
  • The soft top takes a while to "break in" before becoming easy to unlatch/ latch.
  • Why is it so hard to find an inexpensive splash guard that will fit with the running boards?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdc

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
Not a good start looking for issues already. Be positive. You’ll enjoy it it’s an awesome vehicle

Uncle Beer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco is a '21 Outer Banks 2 door with 2.3L. I have several complaints:

1. The brakes are the worst that I've ever experienced in a brand new vehicle. Mushy and not smooth.

2. Audio system is inexcusably awful.

3. The gas shock on the swing gate fights you every time you want to open it.

4. Rear seats - the process for folding them is awkward and difficult. Plus, they don't create a flat load floor.
The rear seatbelt buckles are positioned in such a way that you can sit on them and hurt yourself when climbing into the back and getting positioned.
Rear seat access is also tighter than it was in my '06 Rubicon.

5. The instrument cluster. I find the overall look to be very unappealing, and not particularly easy to read.

6. Infotainment is glitchy. My screen frequently freezes and is unresponsive when using Android Auto. Sync frequently thinks I'm giving voice commands even when nobody in the vehicle is talking.

7 Wind noise at highway speeds is considerably louder than I anticipated.

8. Fit and finish. There's a couple minor metal flaws on the hood and the MIC top has honeycombing and a couple blemishes that should not have passed QC.

8. No heated steering wheel. This is a feature that shouldn't be only included in higher packages and trim levels.

9. Odd engine rattling. It's difficult to describe but there's a slightly unsettling rattle under throttle, almost (but not quite) like a jingling sound.

10. Poor interior lighting.
Sponsored