Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ACC works only when you actively turn it on.
Lane centering only works when the camera can detect lane lines (but can also be turned off entirely).
Crash avoidance only works when the camera detects a car or pedestrian too close in front of you.
The parking sensors would probably beep if you got too close to a tree but you probably want to know if that happens.

A lot of overreacting to tools that are optional in this thread (by not ordering them or just turning them off). Personally I'll never get a car without those items ever again. ACC is great for long drives or busy highway traffic jams. Crash avoidance has saved me a couple times from rear ending someone.

That's not what I meant, i know ACC won't interfere on a trail :LOL: Things like front or rear sensors beeping non stop when you're on a tight wooded trail, or maybe i need to brush things in front of me with my brush guard without the sensor flatlining the entire time in my ear haha. Emergency stop is also designed to pick up pedestrians, what happens when it picks up my spotter every 6 seconds? Thats what im talking about, im hoping Ford kept these things in mind specifically for the Bronco.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who cares?

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not what I meant, i know ACC won't interfere on a trail :LOL: Things like front or rear sensors beeping non stop when you're on a tight wooded trail, or maybe i need to brush things in front of me with my brush guard without the sensor flatlining the entire time in my ear haha. Emergency stop is also designed to pick up pedestrians, what happens when it picks up my spotter every 6 seconds? Thats what im talking about, im hoping Ford kept these things in mind specifically for the Bronco.
My Ford and most (all?) Fords have a button dedicated to turning off the parking sensors. On the Bronco it appears to be the button to the left of the radio tune knob.

Luckily I've never almost hit a pedestrian to test but it's probably smart enough that unless you are actually about to hit your spotter it won't alert.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I like about these is every manufacturer picks a name that emphasizes it's an assist system except Tesla.

People hear "autopilot" and they take the Auto too literally.

Unpopular opinion but I love driver assist systems. I bought a 3d printer and learned modeling just so I could add lane-keeping to my car. It still requires I pay attention but sometimes just gives me that extra little nudge if I get tunnel vision on those long, boring Iowa interstates.

OP
OP
Economisto

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Ford and most (all?) Fords have a button dedicated to turning off the parking sensors. On the Bronco it appears to be the button to the left of the radio tune knob.

Luckily I've never almost hit a pedestrian to test but it's probably smart enough that unless you are actually about to hit your spotter it won't alert.

Good to know about the sensors, ive been in a lot of cars where you cant turn them off and thats what i was worried about. The sensors prob more than anything too, thanks!

Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I like about these is every manufacturer picks a name that emphasizes it's an assist system except Tesla.

People hear "autopilot" and they take the Auto too literally.

Unpopular opinion but I love driver assist systems. I bought a 3d printer and learned modeling just so I could add lane-keeping to my car. It still requires I pay attention but sometimes just gives me that extra little nudge if I get tunnel vision on those long, boring Iowa interstates.
Yes. People have died because they stopped paying attention to the road while using these systems. That's why "nanny" monitors like on SuperCruise are needed.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the standard feature for the new Bronco right? I don't have nor been up to date on safety stuff like this. Thanks.

Mother in law has it on her Civic, despises it. She said it can’t drive through construction zones without jerking her all over. She turned it off.
So your mother-in-law isn't a fan of jerking it all over? Kidding.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The flip side is that once you have learned it, how it works becomes more important.
Until people become complacent and depend on it to get them out of situations their lack of attention or driving skill got them into.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's only one true test to see if these autonomous systems will be worth a crap. Will these systems make sure that the car is matching interstate speeds when it comes time to merge from an on-ramp? There is nothing that grinds my gears more than getting behind a spineless amoeba on an on-ramp and being forced to stop at the end because they were afraid to use the right damn pedal. Sorry, just having that image in my head got me a little heated lol.
You do the throw thr hands up thing dont you

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You do the throw thr hands up thing dont you
Oh no, it gets a whole lot worse than throwing my hands up lol. They get a flat line horn and my bright lights in their back glass.

Sponsored

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I'm open to such emerging technologies, I'm not sure I want it in my Bronco if it's going to annoy me. check engine lights, anything blinky or annoying on the dash or buzzers will annoy the F out of me real fast. I really wish 360 was optional by itself. If I could, I'd probably get the mid package without it. Maybe it can be disabled with Forscan?

stone_sloth

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't help but think about the raw mechanical beauty of vehicles before safety. Don't get me wrong, safety features are very beneficial, and continue to take baby steps into vehicle autonomy (more like baby leaps off the couch) . My first vehicle (in 2002) was a 1968 c10 pickup, no power brakes or steering, no radio, no seat belts, gas tank was right behind the bench seat, it had a manual choke!.... It was a blast to drive. I loved how raw it was. It was more like driving an old school farm tractor on the road. I feel that people have lost the passion for driving. The manual transmission is a great example. A lot of other countries still have really strong manual demands and I'd like to believe its because they've maintained the joy of driving them. As vehicles become easier and easier to drive, and at some point, we'll no longer need to drive them.

I think most of the consumers looking to pick up a Bronco get this though... Its at the center of our purchase. Going off road is that unbridled driving passion that so many enjoy.

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wife has it in her mercedes i hate the thing feels like your going to wreck when you take turns just a little wide at speed.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. Whether we like it or not, this kind of technology is going to become more and more prolific with some features like pre-collision assist likely becoming mandatory - think seat belts.

I've been working in automation similar to this kind of technology for almost 20 years, and the case studies are fairly definitive that computer-assisted controls have faster reaction times and reduce accident rates, over manual controls. Humans are prone to distractions, make improper corrections under pressure, and can easily become disoriented - not to mention a wide range of external factors that can impair judgment and reaction time like sleep deprivation, drugs (legal and otherwise) hypoglycemia, alcohol, other passengers, etc.

I get the resistance many have to this kind of technology, but it's here whether you like it or not, and will become mandatory in the future. Might as well wrap your head around it. It is already VERY WIDELY used in aviation and has been for years. Most of your time on a commercial plane, it is under the control of flight computers already.
Remember the early days of ABS. Everyone thought they could out-brake the system. That has long since been proven to not be true.
Sponsored