Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

over 30k miles in, and I'll admit to still being satisfied. I love the damn thing.

All the things that make it a 4x4, Ford absolutely nailed, it's perfect in the utilitarian sense of the word. I can go out and play in the dirt any time I want, and it just does it without breaking a sweat.

All the things that make it a good daily driver? Ford kinda phoned that in. Paint quality issues, cracking tops, mismatched seats, windows that lose programming, wipers that make up new programming, windshields made of butter, stereos made of paper, the list goes on and on.

And yet, it still puts a smile on my face when i drive down the road, or put the top down, or get it absolutely filthy after 80 miles of muddy trails:

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports: Ford Bronco is Most Satisfying Midsize Two-Row SUV to Own 1680103247163
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hell ya! I'll drink to that!!

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports: Ford Bronco is Most Satisfying Midsize Two-Row SUV to Own t2xJDlCxmAHih_0Ov2sCAQ54Q=w1481-h834-no_authuser=0 - Copy

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pay Wall prevents me from reading their opinion's? I'll just have to take everybody's word for it.
It's rated almost as high as the Maytag Front-loading Over/Under Washer Dryer Combination.
I know all of us look to CR as our first and most trusted source for all things automotive. :rolleyes:

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Two Fords and a Chevy. Sure don’t build em like we use too.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd agree, since its my first truck and still look for reasons to drive it after 4 months of ownership. We didn't really get any kind of winter this year, so I can't really report on how it is in real 4x4 snow, but warm weather will be here soon so its almost time to take the roof panels off :cool:

We just did a short weekend trip and it was great, lots of room and very comfy on highway drives. We were able to fit the dogs in the back seat without folding it down, and all the junk that loads up our Renegade didn't even block the rear windows in my 4dr. I love how big the cargo area is, and the packed truck still drove well on the backcountry roads; it seems happier when you use it instead of babying it.

I'd love an updated cluster, a rear e-diff that could go from unlocked to LSD to locked (sort of like an Audi), and a thinner console lid. I wish the trans didn't sound like a coffee grinder, and I'd like a bigger gas tank. My favorite parts are driving the 7MT, the advanced 4x4, the look of it on 33s, and how its a "big small" truck off the Ranger platform.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how much Ford had to pay consumers for this.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A lot of bronco issues are solved by ordering the base,if you ain't got it it can't go wrong 😁👍, I pass of the little things as personality 😊
I’m cranky, anything less than mid package is insufferable as a daily.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pay Wall prevents me from reading their opinion's? I'll just have to take everybody's word for it.
It really doesn't say anything. Just explains what the Bronco is and what it's capable of.

Driving Experience
Includes acceleration and handling
73 / 100
Comfort
Includes seats, climate control, noise, and ride
73 / 100

Value
Did you get what you wanted relative to the price you paid?
43 / 100

Styling
How it looks inside and out
95 / 100

2023 VEHICLES
Would you buy this vehicle again?

Ford Bronco
79%

Toyota 4Runner
72%

Jeep Wrangler
68%

Reliability
3/5

Overall
52/100

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like the Land Rover Discovery Series 1 we owned, the 6g Bronco is a very impressive and capable vehicle, which can be satisfying, when it’s not in the shop for repairs or recalls.

Sadskwatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Ram Sport w/Hemi, GTI.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have two Broncos. My Basesquatch needs a new transmission at 157 miles. Not so satisfied there, but it’s the luck of the draw I suppose. Otherwise the Bronco is a lot of fun and very capable.

I do wonder about the correlation between waiting so long and owning a still relatively hard to buy vehicle and the higher satisfaction level? If reliability isn’t a problem, I think I’ll only like the Bronco more.

Also the windshield wipers are a joke.

Sponsored

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I smile every time I go out into the garage. Took the top off this weekend for the first time and loved it. Aside from now having a car payment after a few years not having one, I don’t regret it for a second. My 2 year old calls it “Dad’s green Broncotruck” and that alone is worth it.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wonder how much Ford had to pay consumers for this.
Consumer reports doesn't take any advertising...but IMO their ratings system leaves a lot to be desired-like assuming a new product will be like the old one and giving it a recommended rating like they've done over the years with Toyota products.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reminds me of the CR post from @Broncodave with CR having the Bronco pretty much at the bottom of overall scoring (just above the Jeep Wrangler). However, it just goes to show that there are things they don't quantify in their testing, and there are pieces left out when they review an off-roader against comfort SUVs. I mean, they have a sports car category so they don't compare the Corvette against a Camry since they recognize the typical buyer pool is looking for different things. Why compare a Bronco or Wrangler against the Hyundai Santa Fe? I do get that a lot of Wrangler and Bronco owners will ultimately not take them off-road, but I could say the same for the number of older people cruising 5 miles under the speed limit in their new Z06.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes sense. Love my new manual i just bought this month. CR needs a smiles per miles rating. Already got its first paint chip after taking it off roading, less than 2k miles on the vehicle.
Sponsored