First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i'll be honest...the potential of getting the bronco with the 2.7 makes me want to wait a few years before buying one
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford picked the right combo for cost and marketing. The manual with 2.3 lets them get the price low for two door. 28.5k.......

How many have said they would get the manual with the 2.7....Ford is missing out on an auto upgrade every time that happens. Another reason not to offer it.

Basically they picked the best combo to maximize profits. I'm glad the sasquatch and manual is an option. Again there is another 5k in addons for them on a base bronco.

As what was previously stated...manuals make up a small portion of the market. On this forum it could be a good majority of users though since we are all into cars.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at what Ford has done with this new vehicle. It is nearly everything that nearly everyone wanted. You can't please all of the people all of the time, and Ford compared what the bean counters were telling them with what their marketing research people were telling them and tried to hit the largest market share while maintaining a profitable product overall. Without seeing one in person or climbing a large, rutted hill in one, I'd say that so far, they've knocked it out of the park.
?

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m planning on going the adventure off road park once I get my bronco as well as Windrock and other places out and around. Not a lot of “rock crawling” like the Rubicon but there are a lot of places you could find value in the disconnecting sway bar low speed on trails. How is that park anyways?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But now I have to decide whether to wait to see if this happens. Aaaaargh!!!!!
I feel that when a manufacturer says they haven’t ruled something out for the future, most of the time they end up offering it.

As an example when Porsche decided to offer the GT3 without a manual which they never ruled out for the future, there was a backlash from enthusiasts and now the GT3 can be optioned with a manual even though there are not many takers.

Ford is not Porsche but the example is illustrative.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last January we bought a new manual transmission economy car (my wife insisted on manual). The pickings were kind of slim, due to several economy cars having dropped this year the manual transmission option.

On the car we bought (Kia Soul) the manual trans was only an option on the base models. Which was fine for us - that is what we wanted. So far we are very happy with the car, liking the stick, and the 14k price tag. But yeah, we had to search around a bit to find a new econo car with manual.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing is, the 2.7 and the 2.3 aren't that far apart in terms of performance for me to really whine that the manual is only available on the 2.3.

Sure 40hp and 90tq isn't anything to sneeze at, but a $1500 stage 2 tune (on equivalent 2.3s) and you can essentially make up those gains.

Wat3rdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tundra 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I for one am telling ford that I'm willing to trade my Toyota for a manual 2.7 every chance I get. I really miss having a manual transmission especially when I can drive someone's vehicle who still has a manual. Every survey they offer and frequently on social media. Please Ford give us the manual 2.7! #savethemanuals

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The thing is, the 2.7 and the 2.3 aren't that far apart in terms of performance for me to really whine that the manual is only available on the 2.3.

Sure 40hp and 90tq isn't anything to sneeze at, but a $1500 stage 2 tune (on equivalent 2.3s) and you can essentially make up those gains.
When taking into account drivetrain losses, a tuned manual 2.3 will probably feel pretty close to the stock auto 2.7.
(Yes I realize it’s minimal nowadays but a clutch still transfers power more directly than a torque converter.)

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many times can I be right on this forum?

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots to agree with in this thread.

BroncoTPA wrote:

As of today (seems to change everyday) I am set on the 2.3L manual while making plans to purchase a 2023 model with the 2.7L manual. Hopefully, I will be surprised by the 2.3L and have no need or desire to swap to the 2.7.​

I completely agree. If Ford does that, as a way to refresh the Bronco, I'll give them credit for playing me perfectly. They'll get my money twice, and one of my daughters will get a fairly new 2021 Bronco as a gift.

For the record, I'm one of the people who would buy the 2.7 liter with a manual, if offered. But the manual is more important to me (just because I like it) than the larger engine.

Wingzfan said:

Pairing the MT with the 2.3L allows Ford to offer a Base model at $28.5k. Just from that perspective, it was a no-brainer regardless of the take rate on MT.​

I also agree that Ford probably wanted to offer the manual with the 2.3 liter in order to get one version below $30k >> marketing reasons.

Rocketeer Rick said:

I'll be honest, I was extremely surprised when I learned that Ford had apparently justified offering the manual transmission combination that we are getting. By the same token, I was equally impressed that they even built a business case for a 2-door body variant of an SUV.​

Completely agree with this as well. The ability to get a manual transmission and a 2-door is why I plan to buy the Bronco.

Regarding whether the 2.3 liter is good enough, has enough torque ... it's not about how much torque the engine has, but how much torque is available at the wheels. I found this video to be interesting, it discusses this and uses the Bronco as an example.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many times can I be right on this forum?
If you really wanna know, it’s either
2.3 times or 2.7. What’s your flavor??

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford explains why no manual with 2.7L Bronco D343522E-8E95-4A82-87B4-CDD39BE4CFBC

Plenty to go around.
Sponsored