Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford for me.

1. MY21 Hey can’t get painted mod top wait till next year.

2.MY22 Oh see can’t get painted mod hard top but we will offer you price protection on MY23

3.Oh now we are doing away with cyber orange the color you originally desired and still no painted mod top.

—In my mind hey look at the upside I will get HOSS 3.0 on my wildtrak not in the color I want and not with the painted hardtop that I ordered from day one—

Ford today hey we can make it even worse for you😂 you can’t get the LUX, cyber orange,painted hard top ,wildtrak and the list goes on.

Really what the Hell is going on ?

I submitted my reservation on 7/21/2020

today is day 909 of waiting

If they do not make this right and if I get pushed to MY24 lose my price protection the Hell with Ford.
Sponsored

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford for me.

2.MY22 Oh see can’t get painted mod hard top but we will offer you price protection on MY23

3.Oh now we are doing away with cyber orange the color you originally desired and still no painted mod top.

—In my mind hey look at the upside I will get HOSS 3.0 on my wildtrak not in the color I want and not with the painted hardtop that I ordered from day one—

Ford today hey we can make it even worse for you😂 you can’t get the LUX, cyber orange,painted hard top ,wildtrak and the list goes on.

If they do not make this right and if I get pushed to MY24 lose my price protection the Hell with Ford.
At this point, @Ford Motor Company would likely be extremely happy to see all early res holders cancel. Price protection is eating their margins.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel for ya man. Some people get screwed and some have gotten lucky (I'm lucky... 380 day wait). I honestly don't think I would have waited much longer. It's a great vehicle, but it's not worth the wait or not getting exactly what you want. I am just amazed that a car manufacturer would do this to its customers. But then again it's 2023 and the almighty dollar rules the world. F#$# our feelings and how we think, shut up and pay up is their mentality.

If I were you, I would look for something local or nationwide even that is close to what you want and get that. If not available, then get yourself something really nice for enduring all of this bullshit. Good luck man!

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford for me.

It's funny that this is how Ford is "rewarding" longtime reservation holders for our patience and loyalty.

I've said this in other places but it bears repeating - I'm really regretting not listening to my wife and friends a year ago that I was being too patient and should get something else. In the interim interest rates have spiked and the value of my current car on the used car market has plummeted. And I was ok with it because "hey - Ford is giving me price protection and being fair to me". What a goddamn joke.

After this I'm probably never going to even consider a Ford again. I know companies exist to make money - but they're also supposed to try and make things right for their customers when the company screws up.

Someone on another thread said "beggars can't be choosers". We're not beggars and these Broncos aren't chump change. We're customers and we've stuck with Ford for a long time through a very rocky rollout full of quality control issues and missed deadlines. They made certain guarantees and kept a lot of us on the hook based on those.

Hell I'm even willing to grant supply chain issues - but choosing to discontinue PP unless we gimp our builds is ridiculous and something they have absolute control over. At this point I don't trust a thing they say - and I don't trust that they'll do *anything* to fix other Bronco issues that pop up (i.e. cracking MIC tops) unless they're forced to by the courts.

Pretty funny that this is how they're choosing to reward us for sticking with them. But hey - at least we got a hammock, some playing cards, and sweet sweet poster.

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point, @Ford Motor Company would likely be extremely happy to see all early res holders cancel. Price protection is eating their margins.
I think the issue is going to be that a lot of us won't ever consider buying a Ford again. So it's not just getting the PP vehicles off the books - there's going to be a lot of negative press surrounding this debacle. Meanwhile Toyota is releasing a new Tacoma next year (with a possible 4Runner refresh right around the corner).

I know my friends and family have all watched this process with interest and they're all pretty stunned how badly Ford has handled all of this.

Edited to add that in watching this process they've *all* soured on Ford as a company and likely won't ever consider a Ford when it's time to buy another vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the issue is going to be that a lot of us won't ever consider buying a Ford again. So it's not just getting the PP vehicles off the books - there's going to be a lot of negative press surrounding this debacle. Meanwhile Toyota is releasing a new Tacoma next year (with a possible 4Runner refresh right around the corner).

I know my friends and family have all watched this process with interest and they're all pretty stunned how badly Ford has handled all of this.
Exactly right I currently have 5 Ford in my family and one of those being my new Shelby GT500.

so if they care about skimping out, and saving $3000 on one car, they can kiss my a$$ going forward. I’ve been patient now for over 900 days.

Ford Bronco FORD Motor Company and me a loyal customer Day 909 today ———— D3C3F63F-52F6-46E9-9D78-5A2C871B8972

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel unworthy having my build show up at the dealer 369 days after punching I the order. Reservation holders deserve priority, bar none.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what there is to gain from dropping any unbuilt orders/reservations?

They can only build the plain janers?

Well, they are already doing that for dealer lots, BUT STILL, the enthusiasts/order placers DO NOT WANT THOSE plain janers, if we did , we would have already bought those.

I guess the good news will be, if the lots get flooded with the plainers, the deals will start happening.
Say good bye to the ADM.

danofcrowhill

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Responded on "the other bronco site", but will here also..
I feel your pain! I am also a 7/21/20 res..2 door Big Bend, no pkg, AMB... I was literally ready to spend my $$ on a Polaris Razor instead when the email came thru. Picked it up in Aug - 750 days later. If I had waited another month, would've been gone and bought the side x side. (Lost the AMB, roof rack, tow pkg..., but love the HPR!) Not being smug at all - I really hurt for you 900+ day folks. WTF? Oh, and because I made some changes, I lost most of my price protection...:mad:

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford for me.

I hope you didn't push to 2022 just so you could get a painted top, Ford was pretty clear, early on in '21 that was a no-go any year. Too bad on the orange, though.

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford for me.

Definitely know how you feel, I got my 2dr badlands after a 905 day wait. I was at the point that if I got it great, if I didn't so be it. Never been a ford guy. Never considered buying a different vehicle was happy with my 98 4x4 Mazda B4000 with less then 100k miles.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you didn't push to 2022 just so you could get a painted top, Ford was pretty clear, early on in '21 that was a no-go any year. Too bad on the orange, though.
A lot of us 99’d for the Mod top as we received emails stating they’d be available for those of us with badlands and wildtrak orders.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A lot of us 99’d for the Mod top as we received emails stating they’d be available for those of us with badlands and wildtrak orders.
Ok, I missed the Badlands/Wildtrak exclusion, I remember writing it (painted top) off for my Non-SAS OBX hard top early on, not to mention the originsl "Dual-Top" that was originally specified! And then after the debacle of spending 3 months in Dirt Mountain awaiting a new MIC top, It never occurred to me painted tops from Ford were on anyone's radar.

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sympathize man.

Sadly, the whole Allocation game hurt people who went to small volume dealers. Yes, Granger is not the only small volume dealer out there. This is a chance for those that are in a long a$$ line and not near the front of it at their dealer to get pushed through that have popular options like SAS, LUX, MIC, and Wildrak trim and are willing to give them up. Not sure how many will.

If your dealer has say 45 allocations and you are number 50 with highly constrained options then this is a way to get a 2023 w/ pp and supposedly an additional voucher. Sucks. They should honor the reservation system instead of constantly giving Dealers long time reservation holder builds. Many of us would have gotten our builds a lot sooner if they didn't change the rules they originally set.

I recently got scheduled and while I'm disgusted with the wait I wanted exactly what I optioned and wasn't willing to pay ADM.
Sponsored