Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance

Any thoughts on how useful this would be in conjunction with other mods? (Example; I have K&N intake and charge pipes, and the Whipple IC)

The given numbers from Ford Performance are from a completely stock truck. With your addition of an Intercooler, charge pipes, and intake, its fair to say you will be far surpassing the increases Ford states.

Although Ford Performance isn't tuning for specific mods, the mods do not require a tune to take their effect. Although, it has been seen in other vehicles that with tuning, the gains from mods are slightly more than from a stock-tune vehicle.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The given numbers from Ford Performance are from a completely stock truck. With your addition of an Intercooler, charge pipes, and intake, its fair to say you will be far surpassing the increases Ford states.

Although Ford Performance isn't tuning for specific mods, the mods do not require a tune to take their effect. Although, it has been seen in other vehicles that with tuning, the gains from mods are slightly more than from a stock-tune vehicle.
Are you going to add a link on your website with more info, pricing, and a product to purchase in your online shopping cart?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is exactly what I have been hoping for. Now if I could get get my Bronco so that the fun can begin.

what if we get the ford extended warranty? is it the same deal? we need to have it installed by a dealer? or would they cover it.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good idea but problem is I want the dealership to install to get the warranty. I don't think they would do it.
I forgot about that actually, but thankfully it sounds like they're working on getting it CARB approved and also you wouldn't need a SMOG check until after the warranty is up, unless a police officer notices other illegal mods on your car and sends you in for a check early.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And another $700 for installation from the dealer if you want to keep your warranty?

Curious as to the MPG hit.
I couldn't imagine it being that much for install; I'd guess a dealer would bill 2 hours of labor even though it may only be 15-20 minutes.

MPG hit - doing an apples-to-apples comparison with 93 octane I'd think it would be minimal.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A couple things about these tunes, coming from the Mustang community.

1 - These are locked to your VIN. You cannot sell this like you would with an SCT, n-Guage, or HP Tuners RTD, should you sell your truck.
2 - These require an SAE-certified mechanic to install them. It does NOT need to be your dealer, it can be your buddy that works at the corner lube shop.
3 - These will not be as aggressive a tune as you'd get from a custom tuner. Most of the people that bought these did so only because of the warranty coverage. Anyone out of warranty would go for a Lund, PBD, Wengard, or other tune.

JR

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A couple things about these tunes, coming from the Mustang community.

1 - These are locked to your VIN. You cannot sell this like you would with an SCT, n-Guage, or HP Tuners RTD, should you sell your truck.
2 - These require an SAE-certified mechanic to install them. It does NOT need to be your dealer, it can be your buddy that works at the corner lube shop.
3 - These will not be as aggressive a tune as you'd get from a custom tuner. Most of the people that bought these did so only because of the warranty coverage. Anyone out of warranty would go for a Lund, PBD, Wengard, or other tune.

JR
Good points. However in regards to #3 just to clarify, any of the tuners mentioned don’t have the ability to tune the 21+ Bronco. Whipple is the only one at the moment with the capability of flashing and tuning the 2.7l.
Hope that helps.

Sponsored

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any ability to use this in conjunction with something like a JB4? Need to wait for an update from them?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All!

Ford Performance just released their Performance Calibrations for the 2021+ Ford Bronco’s, including the 2.3L and 2.7L Models! These calibrations have some impressive gains and most importantly, are backed by a 3 Year / 36K Mile Warranty!

While raising the overall performance of the engine, they are also capable of :
  • 433 lb.ft. TQ at 3,500 RPM (2.7L)
  • 355 HP at 5,500 RPM (2.7L) (Waiting on 2.3L results from Ford Performance to update)
  • Changing the tire size up to 35" .
  • Changing the axle ratio up to 4.70.
Forget all the HP & TQ stuff !!
I think the axle ratio change to 4.70 through software has to be the big news item !!!!!
;)

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good points. However in regards to #3 just to clarify, any of the tuners mentioned don’t have the ability to tune the 21+ Bronco. Whipple is the only one at the moment with the capability of flashing and tuning the 2.7l.
Hope that helps.
This is true, but it was the same way for the Coyote and Ecoboost Mustang when they were released. It'll take some time for tuners to proliferate, but it looks like Cobb and Panda are already tuning for the 2.7L. How good they are, I can't say, but Cobb is pretty well respected in the hot hatch segment.

JR

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not road legal?
OFeFYBs.jpg
not surprised to see a disclaimer like this, too many lawyers, this way if someone crashed and kills people on the road they cant say it was because they werent prepared for all that power, lol!!

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forget all the HP & TQ stuff !!
I think the axle ratio change to 4.70 through software has to be the big news item !!!!!
;)
that cant happen can it??
Sponsored