Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These numbers are nothing to brag about, but are better than nothing I guess, but it also seems like a steep price for very small HP/TQ increases. I feel $700 can be better spent on bigger and badder mods. But again, I am not buying my Bronco to be a 0-60 monster, I already have that in my SVT Lightning 🍻 . Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear how the Bronco runs with this tune.
Sponsored

Broncosx2

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is true, but it was the same way for the Coyote and Ecoboost Mustang when they were released. It'll take some time for tuners to proliferate, but it looks like Cobb and Panda are already tuning for the 2.7L. How good they are, I can't say, but Cobb is pretty well respected in the hot hatch segment.

JR
I contacted Cobb and they said they had no plans for a Ford Bronco 2.7 Tune. As of last week.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is true, but it was the same way for the Coyote and Ecoboost Mustang when they were released. It'll take some time for tuners to proliferate, but it looks like Cobb and Panda are already tuning for the 2.7L. How good they are, I can't say, but Cobb is pretty well respected in the hot hatch segment.

JR
Panda and JB4 are both piggy back modules which we don’t really consider tunes as the pcm is never flashed with those devices. Not sure what Cobb has going on as we haven’t seen any real world experience with what they have to offer. As mentioned the only people who can truly flash the bronco up until the Ford Performance option was released is Whipple. Not only does the Whipple cal flash the vehicle with increased boost, spark and throttle response they also change the shift points, raise the speed limiter and disable the auto start/stop feature. Whipples device also data logs and had the ability to adjust for tire/gear ratio changes.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as someone who has no idea about the "performance world". why would premium fuel be required if youre not changing any parts... wouldnt it just be the same decision you make now? lol
You need premium fuel to gain maximum power and torque from a stock Bronco.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LethalPerformance as an FYI, it looks like you have the correct dyno graphs for the 2.3 on the 2.3 tab, but you listed the 2.7 stats under description.

Would be nice if you listed the actual 2.3 HP and TQ gain numbers under the description tab IMHO. so we don't have to extrapolate from the graph (unless I'm reading something wrong?)

edit, I see now you are waiting on actual numbers from Ford for the 2.3, but the graphs you posted definitely shouldn't be for the 2.7 based on numbers?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't see the justification for buying this. There are other tuner products with more power and are cheaper. As far as warranty concerns, with the others you would simply unplug them prior to warranty work as they do not leave a trace. Just my thoughts.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Underwhelming 25hp and 18 lb.ft. makes it not worth it. It's less than the change from 87 to 93 Octane produces...and that doesn't move the needle enough for $700+ install. It's disappointing, but I maybe they needed to keep the torque number in check to be under the rating for the transmission.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
These cars can send messages to ford on the fly so they will be able to tell when you tune it.

I really don't see the justification for buying this. There are other tuner products with more power and are cheaper. As far as warranty concerns, with the others you would simply unplug them prior to warranty work as they do not leave a trace. Just my thoughts.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You honestly think Ford constantly monitors all of the cars they've sold over the years? The only time it would send something is when there is a failure and they wouldn't be able to point it directly to an aftermarket tune device. The dealer would have to see the device installed.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Forget all the HP & TQ stuff !!
I think the axle ratio change to 4.70 through software has to be the big news item !!!!!
;)

LOL in FORSCAN.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Following to see what people think of it. I'd fork the money over for some extra warrantied power if it's noticeable.

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice, thanks for letting us know. Will ask dealership about this when the Bronco finally arrives.
Been waiting to see availability of this tune from Ford for a while now.

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anybody know exactly what the performance tune "3/36" warranty covers? Since the standard Ford powertrain was 5/60, does this effectively shorten your warranty? Also, any experience/info with how this affects ESP warranty terms - is your engine/trans simply not covered after 3/36?
@LethalPerformance - Do you have more details regarding how the warranty works?

Last edited:

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Underwhelming 25hp and 18 lb.ft. makes it not worth it. It's less than the change from 87 to 93 Octane produces...and that doesn't move the needle enough for $700+ install. It's disappointing, but I maybe they needed to keep the torque number in check to be under the rating for the transmission.
Not quite.
87 Octane is 315hp, 93 octane is 330
87 Octane is 410lb-ft, 93 octane is 415lb-ft.

I think it is probably to keep the hp/tq from being in the BRaptor range...

Every little bit right? If you gain 15hp and 5lb-ft from changing octane then another 25hp and 18lbft from the tune, you're up 40hp and 23lb-ft (probably with a lot more under the curve)

Based on the one article I found quickly, 5-Star got improvements of 38hp and 40lb-ft at the wheel...
Sponsored

Last edited: