Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't know anything yet... We can assume it will happen to Broncos but no one has confirmed any details... Maybe we could stop typing the same 4 responses over and over for 33 pages of threads and wait for something concrete to come in.
Sponsored

philjmatt

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not sure if this has already been stated on this post, but the only confirmed vehicle this will impact currently is the 2022 Explorer. " Beginning February 28th and after, all Explorers, including retail, fleet and stock orders are being produced without the 2nd row climate controls. Ford does plan to restore full functionality of the 2nd row climate controls and 2nd row heated seat controls for all Explorer customers."

It is entirely possible Bronco will be shipped with missing components at some point too, but anything specifically stating Bronco is affected is likely clickbait at this time.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To each their own, and you can turn it off with a button press, but it's not causing all that imagined wear and tear, and it does save fuel in a vehicle that already gets crappy mileage. I've had auto start-stop in 5 cars since 2008 (including the Bronco), and each one gets better with the algorithm and the smoothness. 70% of new cars in Europe in 2014 had auto stop-start, and I believe 100% will in 2022.

MotorBiscuit article on wear and tear and fuel economy
I leave mine running while I go inside the store and do some shopping. 😋

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not sure if this has already been stated on this post, but the only confirmed vehicle this will impact currently is the 2022 Explorer. " Beginning February 28th and after, all Explorers, including retail, fleet and stock orders are being produced without the 2nd row climate controls. Ford does plan to restore full functionality of the 2nd row climate controls and 2nd row heated seat controls for all Explorer customers."

It is entirely possible Bronco will be shipped with missing components at some point too, but anything specifically stating Bronco is affected is likely clickbait at this time.
That does it, shut the forum down, if we can only discuss confirmed information, there will be nothing to discuss, unless...

@philjmatt has confirmed Ford will start daily releases of information, for anything and everything we need to know.

Automotive forums are now obsolete!

/s

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How about Ford introducing a new 'Minimalist' Bronco trim line?

This may not be the right time/place/mood to bring this up, but have been thinking about the possibility of a Bronco that excluded as many frills, bells and whistles, and luxuries as possible along with excluding as many chips and complex/expensive/fragile components as possible.

This leaves a wide area to argue what is 'needed' or desired by various individuals but in my opinion all, or a very good representation, of the 4x4 features should be available.

Would be hoping that this model could be provided at a much less expensive price that would be attractive to some/many while also providing a quicker delivery during however long the chip shortages go on.

Just thinking that one of the most desirable locations for a Bronco at some point in the future, after there are a few scratches,, is at the hunting camp,, off on the farm,, or venturing out on rough overlanding or rougher off-road excursions where no one cares about the luxuries or electronics and has perhaps torn them out already... .. .

Acknowledging that opinions will vary. rak2
I’ve posted about a bare bones Bronco several times to include in this thread. There are a few that argue against it, but many more that support the idea of one. 😁

Sponsored

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That does it, shut the forum down, if we can only discuss confirmed information, there will be nothing to discuss, unless...

@philjmatt has confirmed Ford will start daily releases of information, for anything and everything we need to know.

/s
Or we could just have thread titles that aren't outright false statements...

philjmatt

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

/s
I think it's a good idea to not get people all worked up over maybes. There will always be inaccurate information that circulates on forums, and as a source of information for so many Bronco community members it's a good idea to try and keep it as accurate as possible.

Last edited:

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who is ok with Ford foregoing the electric transfer case control system? I'm fine if they just want to poke a hole through the floor and give me a couple of levers.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always liked those golf carts with gas engines that started when you pushed the gas. Now that is a technology we could use on the road. 😄

Sponsored

StockFord2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150; 2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why not ask for a 0.0% APR 120 month loan, free oil changes for life, unlimited coffee refills, and a free pair of socks as well?

ONLY if the socks have the Blue Oval and script Bronco. Otherwise, I'm not taking the Bronco or the socks!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:;)

Sheesh! So many complainers and speculation. Anyone order an Eruption Green Wildtrak w/ Sasquatch, Lux and tow? Go right ahead and walk away from your Bronco over things that are out of Ford's control. Then I'll get mine sooner. I will agree, however, that the lack of communication has been ridiculous.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of the guys in 1/24 week reached out to Fords executive team, he got a response stating they were having meetings this week to come up with answers to getting our broncos by May. They said they would have an answer by Friday....

Take it with a grain of salt....we will see.

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One of the guys in 1/24 week reached out to Fords executive team, he got a response stating they were having meetings this week to come up with answers to getting our broncos by May. They said they would have an answer by Friday....

Take it with a grain of salt....we will see.
Bad news always comes on Fridays after the market closes. 😂