First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put your seats in the down position and see if it gets better. Thats how I diagnosed my seats were rattly. I thought it was the tailgate too, but it was a combination of the seats and the rear hatch window on the hardtop. Of course there is also people with tailgate rattles, I just havent had that pleasure yet even though it sounded like it was the tailgate.

I know someone who removed the spare to diagnose a tailgate rattle, i think it was the little nubs that the tire rests against causing the issue.
After I diagnosed the noisy passenger seat, I slid it all the way back and the noises are gone. I'll just keep it there. It would drive me crazy on rough roads. Haven't heard it for nearly 2 months since I slid it all the way back.
Sponsored

Inletjunky

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had same problem on my outer banks. I added 35s this past fall but annoying squeaking noice from tailgate was there prior to 35s. As the weather got colder the squeaking became worse. The change in temperature creates everything to expand and contract. Colder weather will contract so all points on tailgate where plastic and metal meet were causing noise due to weight of spare. Btw. There was no noice at all when I removed spare. I purchased a tailgate reinforcement from rough county and just about all that annoying noice is gone since installed.

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have removed the spare and lubed all contact points and it has done nothing for the noise

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wanted to report that my brand new bronco with 15 miles has the dreaded tailgate rattle. Oh MAN is it annoying. My dealer tried for almost a week to find exactly what was wrong before I took delivery.. They took the entire tailgate apart and they couldnā€™t diagnose the problem. Apparently they asked the local rep if this is becoming common and the answer was yes and that nothing currently can be done. I was told that Ford is collecting VINs to follow the issue and will hopefully come out with a resolution.
We isolated the problem to the spot inside the tailgate. They replaced the tailgate - which doesnā€™t have the tick in the tailgate anymore - but itā€™s now ticking inside the rear corner of the frame maybe where the door bolts on. I can isolate it when Iā€™m sitting in the trunk and someone else is driving. I am over it - the new one isnā€™t as severe and with windows open and music on almost exclusively im gonna chalk it up to soft top truck isnā€™t gonna be without ticks n rattles.

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did u try lubing the areas mentioned above? Worked for me.
Iā€™ll give it a shot. Just drove it approx 200miles and over any/every bump the tailgate would make an incredibly loud thud. I canā€™t imagine driving it long distances until this is remedied. It literally sounds as though the tire is going to fall off.

Sponsored

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brocno was dropped off this morning at my local dealer. The intense thudding/ratting has caused damage to my tailgate.. Dealer said its so bad that looks as if somebody backed into something... This is within the first 300 miles. Very upset to say the least

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Brocno was dropped off this morning at my local dealer. The intense thudding/ratting has caused damage to my tailgate.. Dealer said its so bad that looks as if somebody backed into something... This is within the first 300 miles. Very upset to say the least
What did they say looked damaged

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did they say looked damaged
They said the tailgate was creasing at the rubber tire bumper & that it looked like somebody backed into something. I donā€™t believe anybody backed into anything though; I think that damaged was caused from the constant thudding of the tire on the 3 1/2hr drive home

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had same problem on my outer banks. I added 35s this past fall but annoying squeaking noice from tailgate was there prior to 35s. As the weather got colder the squeaking became worse. The change in temperature creates everything to expand and contract. Colder weather will contract so all points on tailgate where plastic and metal meet were causing noise due to weight of spare. Btw. There was no noice at all when I removed spare. I purchased a tailgate reinforcement from rough county and just about all that annoying noice is gone since installed.
That's nice to hear about the RC reinforcement plate, mine is in the mail, or will be any day now.

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have this same problem and glad to finally find a thread with others - although the more people worries me they will claim normal. I've been to dealer twice and driven with service and techs in the back. they sent the below video to ford and everyone has acknowledged that it is not normal.

They told me Ford sent a few ideas of spots to lubricate and tighten. It's definitely in the cavity tho closed to the interior left side which is welded so they are running out of ideas - I want a new tailgate. The plastic panel does come off pretty easily though of course I have broken a couple tabs - the sound is exactly like the plastic screws pushing in and out a thread at a time but I pulled them all out and it didn't fix it so it is something else.

It can be replicated when I open and close the tailgate but it's most present driving over any road that isn't perfectly paved. - there is some level of stress or flex happening. The latest idea was the wheel/brake light mount screws which they said were loose but it did not fix it. They are keeping another day. Attached is a video of it when it was at its worst which is typically the mornings. it started after a few hundred miles for me as well.

I listen to this noise driving 100 miles a day . Itā€™s so annoying. šŸ˜­

Sponsored

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took the Bronco back to the dealer and they found this. Hopefully will get replaced

4AFF938E-F534-4EA4-8B30-67C6C4350B04.jpeg

0D736BE8-F9DC-4AC7-ABB2-A91DE8C4703A.jpeg
Took the Bronco back to the dealer and they found this. Hopefully will get replaced

Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle 0D736BE8-F9DC-4AC7-ABB2-A91DE8C4703A

Ford Bronco Gnarly tailgate rattle 0D736BE8-F9DC-4AC7-ABB2-A91DE8C4703A
I bet mine will end up looking like that eventually. Seems the noise gets louder. I havenā€™t had time to get it to the dealer. Whatā€™s up with this @Ford Motor Company ā€¦?

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s fascinating - why would that happen on some trucks and not others. Bad batch of rear gates that arenā€™t properly stamped or reinforced.

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

4AFF938E-F534-4EA4-8B30-67C6C4350B04.jpeg

0D736BE8-F9DC-4AC7-ABB2-A91DE8C4703A.jpeg
Iā€™m surprised they didnā€™t just say you bent it and go pound sand
Sponsored