First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. I've already taken my test seats out. Did you leave the seatbelt wiring under the sound deadening layer? in? Did you use cardboard to make a sizing template? Tks in advance.
They pop out. Raptor Liner. 3/4” plywood. Can’t remember if it was birch. It was $65 a sheet
Didn’t really like the idea of spending over a grand on Goose Gear’s rear seat delete platform knowing it’s just plywood and Raptor liner, so I built my own and am very happy with how it turned out.

IMG_4405.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4417.jpeg

IMG_4419.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. I've already taken my test seats out. Did you leave the seatbelt wiring under the sound deadening layer? in? Did you use cardboard to make a sizing template? Tks in advance.
Yes, I left the seat belt hooked up. I disconnected the top bolt that holds the seat belt to the roll bar and wove the belt between the top openings behind the interior panel. They were too noisy flapping in the wind. Yes, used cardboard for contour of interior panel where the seats were. I unbolted the rear compartment cover and used that for the template in the rear.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn’t really like the idea of spending over a grand on Goose Gear’s rear seat delete platform knowing it’s just plywood and Raptor liner, so I built my own and am very happy with how it turned out.

IMG_4405.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4414.jpeg

IMG_4417.jpeg

IMG_4419.jpeg
Nice! Maybe GG will lower their prices if they realize there are enough DIYers out there who will happily save the 1200 bucks and make their own. I made my own prior to the first run of the GG kit, and I used birch and went as close to the floor as I could get because I needed the height for my tall dogs. The thing I like about the GG specifically is that one can choose to install one seat or both without too much trouble down the road. I thought I would never put a seat back in after I removed both, but found that I occasionally need an extra seat for bringing along a third wheel.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made a few modifications to my platform. Changed out the latches to lockable (shoulda done that in the first place) and, also added an L-track system that I can configure in multiple different ways to accommodate whatever I have in the back from coolers/fridges to sleeping bags and tool cases/boxes. I’m all set now

IMG_4566.jpeg

Sponsored

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Made a few modifications to my platform. Changed out the latches to lockable (shoulda done that in the first place) and, also added an L-track system that I can configure in multiple different ways to accommodate whatever I have in the back from coolers/fridges to sleeping bags and tool cases/boxes. I’m all set now

Ford Bronco Goose Gear who? Made my own DIY custom rear seat delete platform IMG_4566
Outstanding work - very professional! I suggest productizing this (IMHO I think you should).

m_grovs

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Goose Gear who? Made my own DIY custom rear seat delete platform IMG_4566
Looks amazing great job. Did you consider flush mounting the L-Tracks?

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, but that’ll have to be the next one.
Did you opt for raising the platform for additional storage? Or could you go with just enough spacer to allow lower mounting overall?

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you opt for raising the platform for additional storage? Or could you go with just enough spacer to allow lower mounting overall?
Yes. If I wanted lower mounting and no storage I might as well bought GooseGear

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. If I wanted lower mounting and no storage I might as well bought GooseGear
I lucked out because with GG it gave me just enough height to fit my SafeJack and accessories in the forward cubby...and the remaining gear I needed in the rear cubby. I then made a mount for my Smittybilt compressor behind the front seat, and I still can slide the seat back as far as it needs to go. I don't have the storage you do, but as is with GG my dog's head was just about at the ceiling so I had no more room to spare. I imagine you could churn out goose gear like versions of yours for those people who wanted it lower (or your current height) for far less money and still turn a profit? Or would there be way too many man hours in it to do that per unit?

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lucked out because with GG it gave me just enough height to fit my SafeJack and accessories in the forward cubby...and the remaining gear I needed in the rear cubby. I then made a mount for my Smittybilt compressor behind the front seat, and I still can slide the seat back as far as it needs to go. I don't have the storage you do, but as is with GG my dog's head was just about at the ceiling so I had no more room to spare. I imagine you could churn out goose gear like versions of yours for those people who wanted it lower (or your current height) for far less money and still turn a profit? Or would there be way too many man hours in it to do that per unit?
No doubt this was time consuming to get it where I wanted. But, I wanted a clean factory style platform. Spent a lot of hours to trial and error so to speek. I’ve seen others with similar ideas, but those ideas weren’t exactly mine, but I took a little bit from those and a little bit from others to make it my own. I knew GooseGear was way over priced. The L-Track was an additional $300, but again, I wanted it the way I want it. If I build another, I will flush the track system and sell this prototype, but to be honest. I like it the way it is.

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Locking latches were a good upgrade. Any info you can share on the latches?

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Locking latches were a good upgrade. Any info you can share on the latches?
Yep. Latches and the L Tracks. Not a cheap upgrade but will come in handy

IMG_4572.png

IMG_4574.png

IMG_4573.png

IMG_4575.png

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thick it was about $80 for the sheet and paid another $150 for an hour on the CNC table. I did all the design and cad files.
Would you be willing to share your design files for those of us learning CAD? I have access to a plywood CNC mill. I would like at the very least be able to place the bolt holes accurately.
Sponsored