First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to be cruel but I’ve had my Bronco over 2 years and I still think often how thankful I am that I removed the hard top option in time.
I've had my bronco for almost 2.5 years and 26k miles. No hardtop issues after off roading, no garaging, and removing it. Unfortunately it's luck of the draw.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
BRONCOlez

BRONCOlez

Wildtrak
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Lincoln Nautilus, Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought they corrected this issue with the new run of tops? Glad I bought that extended warranty.
I bought an extended warranty too. I alreAdy took it in once for leaking and they said they couldn’t get it to leak… it hasn’t since but the one time its did (the top has never been taken off) it was a down pour into the back seat.. I’m afraid I’ll take it there and they’ll give me some crap. I live in WV so it’s not like it’s 106 outside and I keep her under a car port…

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my bronco for almost 2.5 years and 26k miles. No hardtop issues after off roading, no garaging, and removing it. Unfortunately it's luck of the draw.
I guess enjoy it while it last. While I also have no issues at present, I'm thinking I should be squirreling away money for an aftermarket solution for when I do :unsure:

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought an extended warranty too. I alreAdy took it in once for leaking and they said they couldn’t get it to leak… it hasn’t since but the one time its did (the top has never been taken off) it was a down pour into the back seat.. I’m afraid I’ll take it there and they’ll give me some crap. I live in WV so it’s not like it’s 106 outside and I keep her under a car port…

If possible I always ty to take a video of the problem, seems to help the tech get a better understanding of what's happening. The service writers do not always do a good job describing the problem in their notes for the tech.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately, i doubt extended warranty will cover this.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thats Some wild rippling and cracks. I would have thought it would be a heat related issue but I guess not.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is sitting in the garage while I keep my bestop soft top on for likely what will be many years. I guess I’ll let you know what condition my hard top is in when I remove it from the archives.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't sound like Ford / Webasto has changed the design in these tops, which is stupid. 4 years in, and the tops are still terrible. They're just swapping out bad tops with other bad tops. I suspect that most or all will have this problem eventually. If Ford was smart and thinking long term instead of quarterly results, they would have put a stop sell on hard tops YEARS ago and only offered the soft top until they had a definitive fix / re-design.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It doesn't sound like Ford / Webasto has changed the design in these tops, which is stupid. 4 years in, and the tops are still terrible. They're just swapping out bad tops with other bad tops. I suspect that most or all will have this problem eventually. If Ford was smart and thinking long term instead of quarterly results, they would have put a stop sell on hard tops YEARS ago and only offered the soft top until they had a definitive fix / re-design.
Dude not sure what your smoking but the top has only been in production for 2-3 years.

Also I'm guessing that is more or less like 2.7L engine failure thing-less than 1% of Broncos where affected by it. It might be slightly more than that, but bad top threads are just like EV threads around here-they bring out the worst in people and become lightning rods that people just pile on to. It boils down to that there are some manufacturing failures and they slip through-and it is covered by the warranty going by the post above.

UnderTheSea

Badlands
First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had any issues yet, but after reading this, I'll make sure to take a video if any issues come up. If it happens again, definitely try to get a video of it.
Sponsored