Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate all the feedback guys but honestly, the build is 90% of what I want minus the color. My thought process is this. I work in the automotive sector, I've been running my existing 4runner through Vauto (Dealer Valuation Tool) every month for the last 6 months. The number keeps dropping and if the trend continues when I get my actual order I feel like I will be pretty close to even.

That said I can buy this bronco today.... play with it all summer and flip it when my actual order arrives in the near or distant future. Or I just keep it and use the hell out of it. I don't foresee a huge drop in value to it in the next 6 months to a year. Dealers are selling this usually with a 15-20k markup on it and they sell fast.

If it was a soft top I'd be out. How many of us settled on a soft top and now have to pay 5-7k for aftermarket or OEM hardtop in the future if we want one.

There are not many Badlands Squatch 2.7, MIC, LUX, Leather, Tow badlands to be had right now.

In the meantime, I want to enjoy my summer in sunny southern California with my kids.

Also, update spoke to the dealer and he is doing 3k ADM now because I put the screws on him on how he owes me a favor.

I will post pictures once in my possession. I may be getting it tomorrow as the dealership is 3-4 hours away.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you like the Orange your are gonna regret getting the Cactus Primer
God created Wraps for this problem. But yeah it's a bummer but it was my second choice.

*Gonna need to change my profile picture.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
God created Wraps for this problem. But yeah it's a bummer but it was my second choice.

*Gonna need to change my profile picture.
Cactus Gray was one of my least favorite colors and not one I even considered, but when one became available as a gap vehicle while waiting on my 2dr Race Red WT, I went ahead and bought it. I’ve grown to love the color. And when my other vehicles look like crap because they need a wash……that Cactus Gray still looks good. I decided to keep the 4dr CG BB even after my WT arrived.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate all the feedback guys but honestly, the build is 90% of what I want minus the color. My thought process is this. I work in the automotive sector, I've been running my existing 4runner through Vauto (Dealer Valuation Tool) every month for the last 6 months. The number keeps dropping and if the trend continues when I get my actual order I feel like I will be pretty close to even.

That said I can buy this bronco today.... play with it all summer and flip it when my actual order arrives in the near or distant future. Or I just keep it and use the hell out of it. I don't foresee a huge drop in value to it in the next 6 months to a year. Dealers are selling this usually with a 15-20k markup on it and they sell fast.

If it was a soft top I'd be out. How many of us settled on a soft top and now have to pay 5-7k for aftermarket or OEM hardtop in the future if we want one.

There are not many Badlands Squatch 2.7, MIC, LUX, Leather, Tow badlands to be had right now.

In the meantime, I want to enjoy my summer in sunny southern California with my kids.

Also, update spoke to the dealer and he is doing 3k ADM now because I put the screws on him on how he owes me a favor.

I will post pictures once in my possession. I may be getting it tomorrow as the dealership is 3-4 hours away.
^^ THAT. Enjoy it for the summer. As previously mentioned, I paid a $4K ADM but split the diff halfway on $2K more for my trade. I have the Bronco I want now as summer is looming in IL.

Plz post pics of your new rig once you get it!

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's sad when a $5k markup is considered a good deal in todays market. But I'd jump on it.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's sad when a $5k markup is considered a good deal in todays market. But I'd jump on it.
Agreed. Right now just about any "popular" vehicle has an ADM. If it doesn't, the dealer is hiding it by adding a $2,500 - $5,000 Paint & Interior "Protection Package" that they have pre-installed.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So true, but I was a week one res holder and just got my 2DR Badlands delivered Saturday. If I was in the OP's position, I would have paid 5k ADM in a minute to skip another 6-12 months of waiting.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BL is no more capable than any other similarly equipped Bronco (Sas, 2.7, full bash plates, steel bumper, etc.) with the exception of the swaybar disco button, which is more of a convenience than a capability since it can be disconnected or removed from any trim in order to aide articulation. And the $63k is not all for capability….it’s mostly for all the goodies attached (Lux, leather, MIC, Tow, etc.,)
And why you or anyone else would concern yourself with someone’s else’s plan for utilizing the rig they paid for continues to baffle me.
Well, OP made a post asking if he was making a mistake. So I gave an opinion on why I thought he could be making a mistake. Hello, internet.

OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, OP made a post asking if he was making a mistake. So I gave an opinion on why I thought he could be making a mistake. Hello, internet.
Unlike in politics, all opinions are welcome by me even if I don't agree. I appreciate the perspective.

Sponsored

Evenrute

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Van: Owned a 2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do it!

JustmeGee

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Buy it and enjoy the hell out of it!!!

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you don't do it, someone else will.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sounds like a great choice to get it, especially with the dealer dropping to $3k ADM. A bird in the hand is often much better than two in the bush, or said differently, driving a Bronco all summer long in sunny Cal and off road is so much better than waiting for a different one to show up...eventually...hopefully...maybe but might not ever show up. And, you never know...your wife might like it so much that you decide to keep both when the cyber orange one arrives. The fun of the Bronco is so addictive. Good luck and go have fun with it.