Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is going to deliver 200,000+ Bronco models in the next 18 months. They have minimal discounting and minimal incentives. That is a pretty good achievement in the auto industry.
Sooo...... the wrangler since 2005.
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did Ford create Covid in their lab? The biggest issue is the fallout from the covid crap. It has hit every major manufacturer on the planet. It is unfortunate timing on Ford's part that their new product launch hit at such a bad time. All fingers should not point to Ford for the delays.
I wouldn’t rule out Ford creating covid.

i am still unclear why the bronco sport was launched so smoothly and the bronco has stalled. But whatev

OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sooo...... the wrangler since 2005.
Lol touche that's how worried and how huge this release was supposed to be its the first time jeep ever offered discounts which is why I say it's been a huge missed opportunity

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep...when Harvard Business Review makes Bronco into a case study in 5-8 years.....I'm betting that it reads as a massive success story. We shall see....
that's how I see it. Ford managed to reveal and roll out this highly anticipated vehicle, build it and deliver it to customers despite Covid and all that it brought with it world wide. And pretty much on schedule, they said spring delivery and at least one dealer mannequin was delivered in spring if I'm not mistaken. Or a couple days late. And people already know that their Bronco is build and just waiting for transport.

All this during a world wide shut down, plus a fire in a chip factory and Texas shutting down for a couple days because of snow and a roof supplier with bad management and so on. To me that's quite a success.

yes, I'd like to have mine yesterday, yes the delays are annoying, but outside of this forum few will even know what Webasto means - or care.

I think it's quite something they managed to pull off during the last year. Just my 2ct

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of right now, once everyone gets theirs, the koolaid drinkers will just pass it off as covid caused.

however I don’t think we are out of the woods.

once a few dozen citizens get their private Broncos, I wouldn’t be surprised if a fatal design flaw emerges and it’s the suv pinto but worse.

then it might go down as the biggest auto blunder in history.

and wrangler prices will go up 20%
This. If it sucks for whatever reason they are in real trouble.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's about the money. It's only a f'up if the profit margin doesn't meet expectations. You, the consumer, mean nothing and are not part of the equation; only your dollars matter.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're reading this post, you're part of the "in the know" crowd, which is an insignificant slice of the country, percentage wise. You're not just wandering around a Ford dealer lot thinking you might see an actual Bronco - who knows what depressing story those folks are being told.

Ford will sell a ton of Broncos, but I'll bet the 5-year sales curve is much lower than what could'a been.

Before we shoulder ALL the blame on Covid, understand that the Webasto plant was a full year behind starting construction before anyone even heard of rona. There's a reason they say 'success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan'.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People realize this is just a vehicle, right?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of right now, once everyone gets theirs, the koolaid drinkers will just pass it off as covid caused.

however I don’t think we are out of the woods.

once a few dozen citizens get their private Broncos, I wouldn’t be surprised if a fatal design flaw emerges and it’s the suv pinto but worse.

then it might go down as the biggest auto blunder in history.

and wrangler prices will go up 20%
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine?

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where do you think this cluck up will land on the list of corporate missteps I understand covid but Ford was woefully unprepared for the demand of this vehicle. So like new coke bad? Or red Sox trading Babe Ruth bad?
You mean, how many executives are going to get big promotions out of this? Many.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
you clearly aren’t an enthusiast.
Ford Bronco Honest question FF22D3B5-E42A-4C22-AFB2-FCBAFCE42AC8

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you think this cluck up will land on the list of corporate missteps I understand covid but Ford was woefully unprepared for the demand of this vehicle. So like new coke bad? Or red Sox trading Babe Ruth bad?
It will be forgotten by the time the 2024 model is out. Once deliveries officially start, all will be forgiven. This is far from the first car launch thats gone a bit sideways. This happens to Tesla virtually every model and they are now the largest car group in the world.
Sponsored