Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn’t rule out Ford creating covid.

i am still unclear why the bronco sport was launched so smoothly and the bronco has stalled. But whatev
Likely fewer outside vendors and more common parts with the Escape. No removable hard top. lol

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much every executive in the world would pray for a "misstep" like this one. A wildly successful new product with a 2 year waiting list, expensive and no discounts, but with a delivery timeframe that is running a few months behind schedule. Ford has got to be stoked.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This isn't really a mess up at all by Ford as evidenced by the fact that you are still here. If this was a mess up then you would have cancelled your order and moved onto something else. But no, just like everyone else on here you will be just like a little puppy waiting for his treat. You will take it anytime Ford delivers and be damn glad you go it! :D
I actually have a 21 Mojave in my driveway keeping my Bronco order for my dealer or maybe I'll trade who knows

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To answer this question, you have to remember what previous generation Bronco roll-outs were like. Remember some of those?

NO! Of course not. No one does. That's your answer.

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fortunetelling: In about a year, Harvard Business School will start their case study process on the Bronco brand revival and first year roll out. They'll wrap the report by about 2024 and it will do well but never break into their top tier of popular case studies on a regular basis (niche issues, unique factors).

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because Bronco is a much more complicated and unique product vs. Bronco Sport, which is effectively a rebodied Escape, which itself has been out for over a year already. While it's different from Escape, a lot of it is similar, so production processes and things were already worked out for it, compared to something all new with Bronco.
Come on!!

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Gamecock

I take back what I said, you’re way better than this guy and his puke emojis. I’d rather pay my way on a road trip to SC from Colorado just to have to buy you a 12 pack of beer and deliver it to your house over seeing this guys comments.
Ford Bronco Honest question 9F8EA4F4-F8E6-4188-BDBD-7B56508B5FB9

sorry I called out the hypocrisy of your cavalier attitude compared to your hardo screen name. It’s not that serious kid.

also they aren’t MY puke emojis, they are OUR puke emojis. Or B6Gs
Don’t hate the playa, hate the game.

OR don’t hate, appreciate!

JUST a vehicle? What, do you have a five minute commute? I spend 3.5 hours a day, five to six days a week, 22,000 miles a year in a vehicle. Plus it’s a new purchase. Semi big deal.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't get me wrong they are going to be amazing Ford should have known that and been somewhat prepared for actual demand
Perhaps you're the one who should have been prepared to be patient.

qwaves

Badlands
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1250 GSA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly I empathize with all of everyone's concerns. Ford communication seems poorly executed, and while I see excuses for the delays, I see no excuse for their communication approach.
I can point out, as a business owner, another mistake that Ford made that goes in our favor.
Ford prices could have been increased 15% or more. They were so hung up on the original bare bones Bronco, and the original Bronco market position, that they kept the price at a point which, (while good for us), sold too fast.
Generally, as a business owner, you set prices as high as you can. If the Bronco had price points closer to, let's say the Defender, sales would have dropped probably 30% to 40%. After all, if you are going to sell every vehicle you make anyway, why not adjust the price. We all believe that inflation will be upping Bronco costs at some point anyway. We all believe that few dealer cars, (whenever they arrive and are eligable for sale), will sell at list. More expensive Broncos at the same sales volume would lead to shorted wait times, and more money for Ford. So the moment they passed 50K to 100K reservations, they could have stated, "Times up. Everyone else gets a 22 with an increased price."
That's what I would have done, again, as it would be best for my business.
But Ford didn't do that. In fact they guaranteed price to all but the late reservations, and you have to respect that. Believe me, the diehard off-road loyalists at Ford are generally outvoted by the bean counters. In this case they haven't yet increased prices for anything, and of course we will have to see what prices are for the 22's anyway.
I am tired of waiting, but have consoled myself with Cabernet and the knowledge that I am getting a future icon. How much in the future I don't know.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think B6G is a bit of a sounding bubble and the things we care about pretty much nobody else cares about. I have tried to quiet bronco but no other car really interests me so neither the end of the world, but at times I have come close to jumping off the wall. I really hope I land a 21 but if I get the Yellowstone heritage back with 50% less bugs...that's OK too.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Ford sucks but you still want to give them your money?
Ford is building a niche vehicle that there’s only one other option, by an equally questionable manufacturer.

so yes, I want a 4x4 that I can take the top and doors off, and I’m settling for the Ford over the Jeep just because it has a better head unit than the wrangler.
If Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Hyundai or Kia made an alternative I’d confidently choose any of those.
Remember this IS a bronco forum, and not a Ford forum.
Sponsored

Last edited: