Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

22 OBX 2.3, Auto, soft top. From powertrain perspective 22,500 problem free miles. From a bumper to bumper I have had the soft top replaced due to glue failing on the OG top. Now have the revised version with no issue so far. I have also had the evaporator box replaced due to a defective box that burned up two recirculating door motors. Both handled quickly under warranty . All I all been very pleased and has been a fun vehicle to own and drive.
Sponsored

FoxyRoxy

Everglades
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

18k on my Everglades 2.3 Hard Top... No issues.. but plop down for and extended warranty if you are worried.. I have 8 years 100k warranty on my vehicle.. any problems are Fords problem.. opt for 1rst day rental coverage.. I got maintenance as well.. locked in to 2022 prices .. everything is in my monthly payment so no matter what happens.. I have the same payment every month..

PescadorPirate

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of my 2023 Badlands in July 2023. Has been in the shop for 7 weeks. The issue is with TCU/Gateway Controller. I love the Bronco but the resolution of this issue has me questioning why I bought this vehicle. Ford is suffering from quality issues. I have less than 1000 miles on this vehicle and at this point don't know what to do. Lemon law doesn't help nor does buy back as I have already LINE-X the undercarriage. So I will low money on a vehicle I have had for such a short time. Total bullshit.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
The interior plastic is pure, unadulterated garbage, they scratch just by thinking about scratching them, short of that I find the build to be ā€œacceptableā€ but I absolutely LOVE my Bronc.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my Bronco, I look forward to driving it everyday. Itā€™s the coolest new vehicle on the market at the moment and I always catch myself looking back at it after I park. That being said, there are a few things Iā€™m growing frustrated with. Iā€™d probably be less frustrated if I didnā€™t drop $55k + tax.

1. Wireless Charger. My phone constantly starts/stops charging while driving. I can tell because my phone vibrates when it begins charging, and itā€™ll buzz every 30 seconds. Incredibly frustrating because I was looking forward to it with the Lux package. Pretty much all new cars have wireless chargers; I doubt theyā€™re all this terrible.
2. Window rattles. They rattle when I open the door, close the door, and drive with the windows half down. Did Ford cheap out and use less glass? I heard theyā€™re working on a fix for this, so fingers crossed.
3. Frameless windows. The windows rattle like crazy when I open the door too fast. I also spent an entire Sunday adjusting them, and while they are better than before, Iā€™m still not impressed at all. Waiting to take it to the dealer until the TSB is released for the window rattle.
4. Manual transmission noise. There is a 200+ page thread on this. Iā€™m already on my second transmission and the new one sounds like a rock tumbler just like the first one did. I hope they figure this out because itā€™s pretty annoying hearing grinding at low speeds in parking lots.

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my new 2023 OBX 2.7/Adv 4x4/Lux/MIC hardtop and have 5K trouble free miles to date. Leather interior is decent, but the interior plastics are cheap and scratch way to easily. Love the Bronco though, having a blast every time I drive itšŸ‘

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m only about a month and 1,200 miles in but so far I love my Badlands! I opted for a 2023 with 2.7 auto non-SAS.

I think itā€™s got a really great balance of space, comfort, ruggedness and performance. Buying from dealer inventory vs special ordering meant I also got some luxury stuff like leather, big screen, heated seats, etc.

Iā€™ve owned quite a few vehicles and this one feels like it was built for me. Plus I just feel cool driving it.

I think some of the disappointment comes from buyers who donā€™t truly realize what they are buying. At the end of the day itā€™s a 4x4 box that is convertible and designed to have the doors off to boot. The gas mileage is going to suck due to aerodynamics and weight. Itā€™s going to be leak air around the top and be louder than a normal vehicle. Depending on the trim you get and tires, you might get some minor vibration from aggressive tread and maybe even a little hum. The interior materials will be limited quality because thereā€™s a real chance you drown the inside if you are caught in the rain with no top. Then you will appreciate drain plugs and rubber matting over carpet.

And despite its shortcomings, it does a hell of a job providing balance between off-road and daily driver manners.

Is mechanical reliability as good as Toyota? Not sure but Iā€™d say that is a tall order to fill for ANY vehicle! It doesnā€™t mean itā€™s garbage though. Also we need to keep in mind Toyota has used the same engine & transmission for at least 10+ years. The Ford power plants are newer and more modernized. They probably have bugs to work out to some degree. It will be interesting to see how Toyota does with reliability when the 2024 Landcruiser and 2025 4Runners hit the market with new powertrains. Prior to buying my Badlands I did test drive & consider a 2023 4Runner TRD Pro. It was crazy nice and I loved it but the engine and 6-speed transmission left a lot to be desired performance wise. With a different power train it would have been a tough call.

My own 2 cents is I have a 3 year/36k bumper to bumper warranty and a 5 year/60k mile powertrain warranty. I intentionally declined an extended warranty as the vehicle is newer and if there are a ton of bugs I will be covered for awhile and will then sell at some point. Or if minor problems I can extend the warranty later.

For now Iā€™m going to enjoy the ride.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One more data point.

2 Broncos (2021 and 2023). Both of them have been largely trouble free, despite 86,000 miles on the 2021 and 4,000 miles on the 2023.

I am pleased with both of them. Both are OBX trim with advanced 4x4 and 2.7 engines. 2023 is a high package and 2021 is a lux package, both have the tow package.

CONS: I will criticize the sound system in both, neither the base sound system or the premium sound system are acceptable (unless you roll back the clock to 1980). Other than the adaptive cruise control, the lux package is low value. The windshield is a problem, easily cracked (just like a jeep due to the angle of the glass). Also, the phone heater (wireless charger) sucks ass. Road noise with some can be annoying, but generally fixable, I was able to quiet down the 2021, but the 2023 was far quieter from the get go. My 2021 is finally quieter than the 2023. Finally, the interior plastic scratches too easily.

PROS: I have cloth interior in both, which has been easy to clean and durable. The 2.7 engine in the 2 door is awesome, and has plenty of punch until you get to about 9,000' asl. It's super comfortable for long drives thanks to the excellent seats (12+ hours isn't a problem). Generally, mine were well built and had few flaws. Recalls were trivial issues that were addressed by my local dealership (who I didn't purchase the vehicles from) so kudos to Bass Ford in San Angelo TX for the support. The 12" display is not laggy, but I have seen the lag in the 8" display.

Overall, these have been some of the best vehicles I have owned (and I have owned a lot of vehicles). Fuel economy, for the segment, is acceptable - it's a box that can get around 23 mpg on the highway at 75 MPH. Quality unfortunately has been variable for many, but if you get a good one, it's an awesome vehicle and super capable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a second, oops, too late - I did.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I would have hated the Bronco had it not been for the customization possible with FORSCAN ($12.95/year) and a cheap OBD-II or J2534 adapter. Death to the double honk.

Last edited:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone sitting on a 2024 MY order for a 4 door obx with lux package and modular bumper just looking for honest reviews of the bronco and the reliability/quality of it and input from the community to see the pros and cons!
I have a ā€˜22 OBX Lux w/ 15k miles.

Build quality feels cheap, lux package isnā€™t lux, CarPlay connects most of the time, drives with all the refinement of a Ranger with bonus squeaks from the removable top.

I wouldnā€™t trade it for anything šŸ˜‰

Ford Bronco Honest reviews and build quality? IMG_3708

Last edited:

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't have mine yet but I agree with most, the internet is where a lot of people post grievances and few post praise. Nature of the beast. My dad was a mechanic for 40 years and I have been in the medium duty truck industry for going on 30. The sad fact is, its a massed produced vehicle and some will have issues, however, most won't.

My dad bought a new 3/4 to Ram diesel in 2004, best truck he ever owned. Traded it for a 2007 Ram diesel, turned it in under the CA lemon law. It was essentially the same as the 2004, no major changes in the running gear or computer but it would not "go" at times when you pressed the gas peddle and it had a habit of downshifting to first while doing 70 mph on the freeway with the cruise control on. Those were the least of its problems. Anyway after two rear ends, new transmission, full wiring harness and replacement of various computer modules, he had enough and they bought it back.

A lot of people complain about the price. Vehicles are getting expensive. Go price a new 3/4 ton diesel. In my industry, there is on average, 5400 units built per year among roughly 20 mfg's and apparatus have gone up 330% since 2015. Just an example, a Custom Chassis that I ordered in Dec 2021 for $315K has a current replacement cost of $458K. EVERYTHING is exactly the same on the two chassis, same engine brand and model/hp, same trans brand and model, same axles, no electrical upgrades, nothing. So why the 45% increase in 22 months? I don't have an answer, well not one that makes sense anyway.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there an incoming TSB for the window rattles when opening the door? Mine is terrible and easily my most disliked thing about the bronco.

I love my Bronco, I look forward to driving it everyday. Itā€™s the coolest new vehicle on the market at the moment and I always catch myself looking back at it after I park. That being said, there are a few things Iā€™m growing frustrated with. Iā€™d probably be less frustrated if I didnā€™t drop $55k + tax.

1. Wireless Charger. My phone constantly starts/stops charging while driving. I can tell because my phone vibrates when it begins charging, and itā€™ll buzz every 30 seconds. Incredibly frustrating because I was looking forward to it with the Lux package. Pretty much all new cars have wireless chargers; I doubt theyā€™re all this terrible.
2. Window rattles. They rattle when I open the door, close the door, and drive with the windows half down. Did Ford cheap out and use less glass? I heard theyā€™re working on a fix for this, so fingers crossed.
3. Frameless windows. The windows rattle like crazy when I open the door too fast. I also spent an entire Sunday adjusting them, and while they are better than before, Iā€™m still not impressed at all. Waiting to take it to the dealer until the TSB is released for the window rattle.
4. Manual transmission noise. There is a 200+ page thread on this. Iā€™m already on my second transmission and the new one sounds like a rock tumbler just like the first one did. I hope they figure this out because itā€™s pretty annoying hearing grinding at low speeds in parking lots.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since most owners spend little or no time on Bronco message boards itā€™s hard to tell from this forum if serious quality issues affect 1%, 10%, or more of all builds. My experience with Ford quality after 6 months of taking delivery is mixed. Unfortunately, my Bronco was delivered to the dealership with a crushed wiring harness causing the taillights not to function. Especially shocking in that it had even cleared the factory after spending extra time in QA. The dealer replaced the harness and I have had only minor issues since purchasing. During a trip this summer I did get an engine service warning upon starting one morning. I turned it off and back on again and havenā€™t seen it since.

My 2.3 engine build is part of group that has had a known issue with gasket failure allowing coolant to seep into the oil. So far, this has not been a problem but Iā€™m watching it. Other odd issues include a couple times, in heavy stop and go traffic the 10 speed transmission seemed to search and wanted to keep jamming me into a lower than necessary gear. Also, the passenger seat, when occupied, can make a slight rattle depending on the seat position. Lastly, at 70 or over the hood definitely moves at the edges and looks like it may fly up at any second. It wonā€™t but itā€™s totally freaky and I can honestly say Ive never seen that on any vehicle until this one. People have posted vids of this on here if youā€™re interested seeing it.

While the interior is not top of the line for sure, Iā€™m pretty happy with it. Leather seats are comfortable and legroom and headroom is excellent. Iā€™m surprised that so many people expect German quality interiors for $40-60k, itā€™s a truck after all. Overall, even with the issues/concerns listed, Iā€™m very happy with it. In 6 months it may be a different story but this is a vehicle that, if free from major issues, is awesome to drive and will put a smile on your face and will get you positive comments from people all of the time. If the best quality and great gas mileage is your jam, then thereā€˜s a Prius out there that will likely fit the bill. But that comes with itā€™s own cost as perfectly expressed on the bumper sticker I saw, on a Prius no less, ā€œAwesome Priusā€- said no one ever.ā€

RNC

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reserved in July 2020. Took delivery in July of 2022. 2022 Basesquatch 2door, 2.7. Just crossed 36,000 miles, yesterday. My impressions and experiences. Interior plastic trim pieces are very low quality. Interior trim screws were loose, with one missing when I took delivery.
It turns out, the hole was stripped during the manufacturing process, and Ford QA either didn't catch it, or ignored it. Ford Bronco branded "weathertec" type mats are thin and cheap. driver's mat has a hole worn through where my heel rests. Steering wheel airbag cover cracked from using the horn. HOSS 2.0 steering rack has an issue requiring a warranty replacement.
Otherwise, no major problems. No major dislikes. Would buy again. Will keep to my grave, if I can. Love it.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there an incoming TSB for the window rattles when opening the door? Mine is terrible and easily my most disliked thing about the bronco.
There was an existing TSB that I believe was cancelled because the engineering team is working on a better fix. Itā€™s supposed to be released sometime in Q4 2023.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since most owners spend little or no time on Bronco message boards itā€™s hard to tell from this forum if serious quality issues affect 1%, 10%, or more of all builds. My experience with Ford quality after 6 months of taking delivery is mixed. Unfortunately, my Bronco was delivered to the dealership with a crushed wiring harness causing the taillights not to function. Especially shocking in that it had even cleared the factory after spending extra time in QA. The dealer replaced the harness and I have had only minor issues since purchasing. During a trip this summer I did get an engine service warning upon starting one morning. I turned it off and back on again and havenā€™t seen it since.

My 2.3 engine build is part of group that has had a known issue with gasket failure allowing coolant to seep into the oil. So far, this has not been a problem but Iā€™m watching it. Other odd issues include a couple times, in heavy stop and go traffic the 10 speed transmission seemed to search and wanted to keep jamming me into a lower than necessary gear. Also, the passenger seat, when occupied, can make a slight rattle depending on the seat position. Lastly, at 70 or over the hood definitely moves at the edges and looks like it may fly up at any second. It wonā€™t but itā€™s totally freaky and I can honestly say Ive never seen that on any vehicle until this one. People have posted vids of this on here if youā€™re interested seeing it.

While the interior is not top of the line for sure, Iā€™m pretty happy with it. Leather seats are comfortable and legroom and headroom is excellent. Iā€™m surprised that so many people expect German quality interiors for $40-60k, itā€™s a truck after all. Overall, even with the issues/concerns listed, Iā€™m very happy with it. In 6 months it may be a different story but this is a vehicle that, if free from major issues, is awesome to drive and will put a smile on your face and will get you positive comments from people all of the time. If the best quality and great gas mileage is your jam, then thereā€˜s a Prius out there that will likely fit the bill. But that comes with itā€™s own cost as perfectly expressed on the bumper sticker I saw, on a Prius no less, ā€œAwesome Priusā€- said no one ever.ā€
I had the same hood issue. At any speed over 50 MPH or so, the hood would bounce up and down. Most people will tell you to just adjust the rubber pieces under the bottom corners of the hood, but this will not solve the issue. I had the body shop at Ford readjust the hood, and now itā€™s super tight and doesnā€™t move at all, at any speed. I highly recommend taking it to the dealer to have it fixed.
Sponsored