First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have a feel for the Fox 2.5's on the Wildtrack in relation to other suspension setups? The only thing from Fox I can find are the Performance Elite 2.5's which have a remote reservoir instead of a piggyback. The HOSS 3.0 suspension also does not have adjustable DSC like the performance elite, but is that the main difference in terms of capability? I imagine they are also tuned to faster movement and lighter weight of the Wildtrack.

I am not a rock crawler (but a Badlands on order) and more of a 'rough road runner' and I am trying to figure out if losing price protection is worth it for the HOSS 3.0 package. I drive a lot of washboard and roads with baseball size rocks all over them.

Also interested in more reviews if people have them, have not seen that many on here so far.
Sponsored

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Found this update in another thread. Shares more details and performance on the Hoss 3.0 in '22 Wildtrak racing in Mexico/NORA 1000. https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1135912_ford-bronco-norra-1000

The Hoss 3.0 suspension package swapped the Hoss 2.0’s Bilstein shocks with Fox shocks that have larger remote reservoirs and aluminum bodies that more efficiently dissipate heat. Ford revised the spring rates, added a new rear stabilizer bar and inner and outer tie rods that are 32% stronger. Additionally, the Hoss 3.0 package has a steering rack used in the Bronco Raptor, providing a 40% gain in maximum load compared to the standard Bronco rack.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI: Updated MY2023 order to include the full Vehicle Bash Plates to my WT order:
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 /Fox 2.5 performance 1664913895666

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone have a feel for the Fox 2.5's on the Wildtrack in relation to other suspension setups? The only thing from Fox I can find are the Performance Elite 2.5's which have a remote reservoir instead of a piggyback. The HOSS 3.0 suspension also does not have adjustable DSC like the performance elite, but is that the main difference in terms of capability? I imagine they are also tuned to faster movement and lighter weight of the Wildtrack.

I am not a rock crawler (but a Badlands on order) and more of a 'rough road runner' and I am trying to figure out if losing price protection is worth it for the HOSS 3.0 package. I drive a lot of washboard and roads with baseball size rocks all over them.

Also interested in more reviews if people have them, have not seen that many on here so far.
I don't know what your asking but I would take the Hoss 3.0 over th aftermarket Fox 2.5 mainly because it had a factory a factory warranty and wad cheaper.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I didnt think you lost your price protection for this but I guess I am mistaken.

Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind...the full HOSS 3.0 also includes upgraded steering rack and tie rods as well. It's also a steal at only ~$2500 add-on cost.

Aside from that, there's no reason you can't take a set of Fox performance elite 2.5 and have them dyno matched to either your specs or specs similar to the live 2.5 version. You lose the "live" portion but the dyno matching will also allow for you to tune for individual levels of compression and rebound on the performance version.

OP
OP

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didnt think you lost your price protection for this but I guess I am mistaken.
There seems to be no consensus on this, my dealer certainly had no clue.

OP
OP

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You lose the "live" portion but the dyno matching will also allow for you to tune for individual levels of compression and rebound on the performance version.
Despite what the website says, the HOSS 3.0 does NOT have live valving. Only the raptor.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless you are going to 35's or bigger, I would probably think that you are going to be quite happy with the Badlands on 33's with the sway bar disconnect. That's just a personal opinion. If you are going to eventually run 37's, absolutely worth going to the WildTrak with HOSS 3.0 because of the steering rack and tie rods.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no input for fox shocks?

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There seems to be no consensus on this, my dealer certainly had no clue.
I asked my dealer directly, which they checked with Ford, and confirmed I would lose price protection changing from a Badlands to the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0. I also saw that the Fox shocks were not the same Elite 2.5, with height adjustment and all the other bells/whistles, like the OP noticed. So as typical, looks like a cheaper version of the Elite 2.5. Like Jeep's Alpine 9 speaker system in JGC's...not the real quality of Alpine, made in Mexico junk with an Alpine stamp.

SBD is $1800 alone, not including labor and any other misc parts to add to the Wildtrak.

Price protection loss is ~2500 increase, then the increased price of the Wildtrak is ~2500, then another 2k+ to add SBD.... so at least 7k w/o labor.

I can add the full BroncBuster kit and Fox Elite 2.5 setup for ~4,250 w/o labor. Plus I'd miss the MGV/washout floors if I switched to Wildtrak. I decided to stick with the Badlands...

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I’ve got 4,300 miles on my 2-door Sasquatch Bronco with nearly 1,500 of those miles on dirt. Last week we covered 400 miles on dirt roads with about 300 of those on washboard, 75 on rocky, rugged, rutted roads and 25 on a difficult, heavily rutted steep, rocky jeep trail. Since we were driving a highway to get to the dirt and running 50 to 55 MPH on much of the washboard I ran 30 PSI on the stock Goodyears and found the ride on the washboard to be very smooth. The last evening I aired back up to 39 PSI for the drive home but we decided to go out the next morning for a quick hunt and the ride on the washboard was noticeably rougher but still way better than my 2016 GM 2500 would‘ve been. On the jeep trail I was real happy to have the sway bar disconnect and lockers and those made the moderately difficult trail fairly easy.

OP
OP

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked my dealer directly, which they checked with Ford, and confirmed I would lose price protection changing from a Badlands to the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0. I also saw that the Fox shocks were not the same Elite 2.5, with height adjustment and all the other bells/whistles, like the OP noticed. So as typical, looks like a cheaper version of the Elite 2.5. Like Jeep's Alpine 9 speaker system in JGC's...not the real quality of Alpine, made in Mexico junk with an Alpine stamp.

SBD is $1800 alone, not including labor and any other misc parts to add to the Wildtrak.

Price protection loss is ~2500 increase, then the increased price of the Wildtrak is ~2500, then another 2k+ to add SBD.... so at least 7k w/o labor.

I can add the full BroncBuster kit and Fox Elite 2.5 setup for ~4,250 w/o labor. Plus I'd miss the MGV/washout floors if I switched to Wildtrak. I decided to stick with the Badlands...
I'd probably just get a manual sway bar disconnect and im not sold on MGV. Given how good the raptor suspension is, I am more inclined to believe this Fox setup is the real deal. The Tacoma TRD Pro suspension...I believe is exactly how you describe. But yeah, I am considering getting the performance elite or waiting for the OME BP-51.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

well you are conveniently leaving out all of the additional steering components that come with the HOSS 3.0 because it doesn't fit your narrative. And we will just leave out all of the assumptions you made about the shocks and essentially calling them junk and comparing them to a radio from a jeep....
Sponsored