Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you can't get updates, then that would be a big deal for me.
Couldn't you just create a new Ford Performance account to download the ProCal updates?
I don't know - given that the ProCal license shows up in my account and the pains they go to linking the dongle to the VIN and account leads me to believe no. But I can't say for certain.

It's a bit odd the way they do it. The ProCal program on the computer - you can download that right now if you wanted to. It won't do anything but just sit there until you plug a dongle into the computer though.

Once connected and the dongle boots up (it's just a mini-computer itself), it will let you manage log files and such, and show you the VIN the dongle is locked to and the flash files / tunes stored on the dongle.

It will alert you if there is an update available. If you choose to update, it will ask if you want to log in. If you say No, it doesn't do anything. If you say yes, it asks for your FP Login and the original "Voucher Number" that was included in the package with the dongle - then it will download the updates and apply them to the dongle.

There may be a way around that - it sure seems kind of awkward.
Sponsored

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can't get updates, then that would be a big deal for me.
Couldn't you just create a new Ford Performance account to download the ProCal updates?
Once registered, the ProCal is assigned to the account and cannot be attached or moved to another account. This is where the recommendation of setting up and registering with your own account comes from.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edited my replies above to include the account lock to the Performance Tune and inability to get updates to the Performance Tune Ford may make.

Thanks guys.

I guess I'll have to check for Tune updates at some point...

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if I understand, (I really am a computer idiot and my old foggy brain has little ability to learn) I could get the ford performance tune installed, have someone use it to change tire size (when I go to 37s) and latter have someone use it program this steering rack (if/when the stock one fails)?
lol I’m right there with you. The last thing I put a “tune” on was a carburetor. Lol

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

lol I’m right there with you. The last thing I put a “tune” on was a carburetor. Lol
Rebuilt quite a few of those... Always put a big sheet out on a table so I could keep track of all the little parts like check valve balls and crap like that..... I found slow and monotonous was the fastest way.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rebuilt quite a few of those... Always put a big sheet out on a table so I could keep track of all the little parts like check valve balls and crap like that..... I found slow and monotonous was the fastest way.
Quadrajets were the most complicated with the most adjustments. But great carbs when done right.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Quadrajets were the most complicated with the most adjustments. But great carbs when done right.
The absolute best when running right.... The trick was keeping them running right.... Side hung floats on some were terrible off road though. You definitely wanted a center hung float for off road or even course racing.... 1/4 mile side hung was fine.....

The Hollies were more reliable but hard to beat the quadrajets.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I solved my Hoss 2.0 tie rod and unboxed rear UCA bracket issues………

Just traded in the 2021 Badlands for a ‘23 Raptor!!!!

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_8555
Congratulations, you got great deal! Enjoy!

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I solved my Hoss 2.0 tie rod and unboxed rear UCA bracket issues………

Just traded in the 2021 Badlands for a ‘23 Raptor!!!!

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_8555
solved a lot more than just that. 😂

Sponsored

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Buster seems to have this rack with their bushing and housing upgrade on it and fully plug n play ready and allready programmed.

has anyone tried their setup? Did it work?

I was thinking about getting this system and putting FMI Heim tie rods on it.

thoughts.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco Buster seems to have this rack with their bushing and housing upgrade on it and fully plug n play ready and allready programmed.

thoughts.
It better have worked in the past, but that was because I programmed them. Tyler knows how to program them and I would not stress over whether or not he has the ability to program them. Although more expensive, I personally prefer the 74Weld rack.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

QUOTE="Texasgrillchef, post: 2184505, member: 18114"]

thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

It better have worked in the past, but that was because I programmed them. Tyler knows how to program them and I would not stress over whether or not he has the ability to program them. Although more expensive, I personally prefer the 74Weld rack.
surprised BB hasn't tried to patent or monopolize more on the hoss 3 programming hack...funny in his videos, he claims "we are working on solutions " when really he just copies others ideas and designs, and doesn't even do any real "work" on the solutions. never mentions where he got the programming ideas or instructions from. 🤔 same thing with his tie rod brace he copied off Joe Darlington, and the steering bushing copy off 74 welds better engineering... just a copycat with an EGO. he's the last guy I'd buy anything from.

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You really don't want aftermarket bushings with the Hoss 3.0. I had some wear on my stock hoss 3.0 bushing and about the same wear on my BroncBuster bushing. Switched to 74Weld bushing and I even regret doing that. Rather just have left it stock and saved the money towards a 74weld full steering rack.
Sponsored