Sponsored

How high interest rates and inflation before you cancel?

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
How high does inflation and interest rates have to climb before you will cancel your order??
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How high does inflation and interest rates have to climb before you will cancel your order??
If you're a locked in 2021 order, you're actually hedging against inflation...
Expect to see the prices of the '22 to go up. And that goes for the used market as well.

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're a locked in 2021 order, you're actually hedging against inflation...
Expect to see the prices of the '22 to go up. And that goes for the used market as well.

Which is exactly how I got here in the first place.
My reasoning was a tangible asset driven decision to purchase a new vehicle.
Ford Bronco How high interest rates and inflation before you cancel? 1643823231328

https://usdebtclock.org/index.html?taxpayer=

Sponsored

GetMeOutOfHere

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interest rates will still be very low historically even after the Fed's announced rate increases this year.

The agreed upon price for my Bronco hasn't changed so inflation doesn't seem to be a problem here. If anything it's a benefit. I'll have the option to sell it on the open market for a profit due to the shortages that are driving inflation.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You people don't remember when mortgage rates were 12% and higher. We just picked up an RDX for my wife, the interest rate is 1.69% - Minor interest rate increases by the Fed do not cause a ripple in the consumer markets... I suggest taking an economics 101 class. The problem with low interest rates is the people buy more expensive things they can't afford - which is why the market crashed in 2008.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think if rising interest rates move me to a "I can no longer afford it" situation, I probably couldn't really afford it to begin with. 🤷‍♂️
I’d totally buy a Lambo if the cost of gas weren’t so terrible.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You people don't remember when mortgage rates were 12% and higher. We just picked up an RDX for my wife, the interest rate is 1.69% - Minor interest rate increases by the Fed do not cause a ripple in the consumer markets... I suggest taking an economics 101 class. The problem with low interest rates is the people buy more expensive things they can't afford - which is why the market crashed in 2008.
You had me until the market crash. People opting for variable rate mortgages was only part of the reason why the market crashed

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Inflation in general, including higher interest rates, gas prices, etc. I am not sure how all of you do it - affording mortgage, car payment for a 50K plus vehicle, insurance and the gas. I don't make a lot of income but saved and planned to get my Basesquatch cash outright and am going to most likely abort due to high gas prices and a long commute to work. So, no not the interest rates for me but high gas prices. Although I can pay cash for the vehicle, gas is an ongoing expense and I won't have the income to afford it.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At this rate, I probably could pay cash.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You had me until the market crash. People opting for variable rate mortgages was only part of the reason why the market crashed
Correct - the mortgage / real estate industry was very good at selling houses to people who could not afford them.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct - the mortgage / real estate industry was very good at selling houses to people who could not afford them.
IAG and large investment firms didn't go broke because some poor people couldn't repay their loans.

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Inflation in general, including higher interest rates, gas prices, etc. I am not sure how all of you do it - affording mortgage, car payment for a 50K plus vehicle, insurance and the gas. I don't make a lot of income but saved and planned to get my Basesquatch cash outright and am going to most likely abort due to high gas prices and a long commute to work. So, no not the interest rates for me but high gas prices. Although I can pay cash for the vehicle, gas is an ongoing expense and I won't have the income to afford it.
Basesquatch plus Vespa for the commute. Boom, solved!!

2kmsiebert

Big Bend
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, Mach E, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly, and that is when the fed raises rates............... to curtail excessive debt taken on by consumers.... agreed. and we are so used to low rates, it is crazy.
Sponsored