Sponsored

How long should a Bronco stay in the shop for? Is 4 weeks too long?

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropped off my '22 Badlands on 4/5 for a few warranty issues at a dealership - roof rack bolt that snapped, usb ports that didn't work, and front passenger seat that would not recline forward.

Roof rack bolt = apparently not covered (but other 6g users have had it covered)
USB ports = fixed
front seat = is covered, waiting for it to be fixed

It's now been 4 weeks, and via the FordPass app - my Bronco hasn't moved in 2 weeks - I can tell from when it's in the lot vs inside their shop. Unfortunately, it sounds like the tech working on it had a family emergency, and now no one is able to work on it. I feel for the tech, having lost someone recently - but is there no one else who can work on this?

So what am i supposed to do? I know that at 30 days this becomes a lemon by state law here - but not sure if i want to take that approach. Had I know it was going to take this long, i would've waited. I've only had this bronco since October, and it's ridiculous it's been in the shop for a month already.
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did they not just give you the option to come pick it up and then bring it back when they're ready to complete the job?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well ... Where do you work at? If you had a family emergency could someone do your job? I work in a very lean office, if someone calls out sick the whole business feels it but they won't hire more people even though they know things come up all the time.

I'm dreading going over to the local Ford dealer for maintenance and I'm not buying local. The Toyota dealer gets me in and out no problem, never had to wait more than a couple of days for appt and only time they've had it longer than a day is because I didn't feel like picking it up.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What he said(y)

No reason for it to sit at the shop while they wait for some non-critical parts.

Sponsored

Bronco911

Big Bend
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR Big Bend, squatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My '23 Big Bend with 900 miles has been in the shop for 19 days now , trying to fix the 4wd module. Not sure when I'm going to get it back.

OP
OP
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they not just give you the option to come pick it up and then bring it back when they're ready to complete the job?
I did let it sit there for 3~4 days waiting for the parts to come in, but I also have 4 notifications in FordPass about the restraint indicator that haven't been cleared in a week, thus I'm under the impression it's half taken apart. I would rather have them just finish it, now that it's started. I don't daily drive this Bronco - so it's not that painful... but i also just want my truck back.

This is my first new car, so I don't really know what to expect from dealers and I'm curious what timeline other owners on this forum are getting.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

112 days? Can you elaborate?

'22 7MT
Had transmission grinding noise, like the kind everyone talks about
Took it in last November, dealership states "normal, and like others"
Dec 12th TSB comes out for fix
Dec 13th dealership orders parts for mine and get's me an appmnt
Jan 4th drop off Bronco..... havent seen it since
Broken $12 plastic clip when servicing the TSB (see picture)
Broken clip still on back order until mid May.
Ford states "replace the transmission" as TSB has been revised multiple times
New transmissions came off backorder April 21, and 73 were released, however none made to me.
Next batch to be release is qty: 53, and should be available May 12th in distribution.
I'm on my 4th loaner car, and 6th loaner agreement paperwork.

I'm a day-1 reservation holder
Waited 2-years and 4-days for it
It has 4,000 miles on it.
I've owned it 283 days, of which been in shop 112 + 17 = 129 days
So 46% of the time I have owned, paid, and insured my bronco it has NOT been in my possession.
Current for the 112 days it has been sitting outside, without transmission in one spot, on the tires unmoved in the brutal winter and snow storms.

I thought that was a good elaboration and a very sad one

Sponsored

BadlandsJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my Bronco back a couple weeks ago after having transmission issues starting in November, just under 5 months to get it fixed. That doesn't help you, but maybe it'll make you feel better. I also thought, "hey, this is covered under the lemon law," but it's not like they have Broncos laying around to give me a replacement. It took a year of waiting to get this one. Everything is screwed up right now with labor and parts. They did give me a loaner vehicle for all that time, and I was able to keep the Bronco safe in my own garage. If you can drive it, you might as well do that and keep it from sitting in a dealer lot.

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dropped off my '22 Badlands on 4/5 for a few warranty issues at a dealership - roof rack bolt that snapped, usb ports that didn't work, and front passenger seat that would not recline forward.

Roof rack bolt = apparently not covered (but other 6g users have had it covered)
USB ports = fixed
front seat = is covered, waiting for it to be fixed

It's now been 4 weeks, and via the FordPass app - my Bronco hasn't moved in 2 weeks - I can tell from when it's in the lot vs inside their shop. Unfortunately, it sounds like the tech working on it had a family emergency, and now no one is able to work on it. I feel for the tech, having lost someone recently - but is there no one else who can work on this?

So what am i supposed to do? I know that at 30 days this becomes a lemon by state law here - but not sure if i want to take that approach. Had I know it was going to take this long, i would've waited. I've only had this bronco since October, and it's ridiculous it's been in the shop for a month already.
Had my MIC top replaced and it was at dealership for 18 days, said they were waiting for a part.

OP
OP
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

'22 7MT
Had transmission grinding noise, like the kind everyone talks about
Took it in last November, dealership states "normal, and like others"
Dec 12th TSB comes out for fix
Dec 13th dealership orders parts for mine and get's me an appmnt
Jan 4th drop off Bronco..... havent seen it since
Broken $12 plastic clip when servicing the TSB (see picture)
Broken clip still on back order until mid May.
Ford states "replace the transmission" as TSB has been revised multiple times
New transmissions came off backorder April 21, and 73 were released, however none made to me.
Next batch to be release is qty: 53, and should be available May 12th in distribution.
I'm on my 4th loaner car, and 6th loaner agreement paperwork.

I'm a day-1 reservation holder
Waited 2-years and 4-days for it
It has 4,000 miles on it.
I've owned it 283 days, of which been in shop 112 + 17 = 129 days
So 46% of the time I have owned, paid, and insured my bronco it has NOT been in my possession.
Current for the 112 days it has been sitting outside, without transmission in one spot, on the tires unmoved in the brutal winter and snow storms.

I thought that was a good elaboration and a very sad one
oh wow, that's horrible and i'm so sorry you're going through that, i would want to get so livid - but what's the point? I guess there's the lemon law?
Sponsored