First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@RagnarKon is there a wiring diagram for the 7 speaker system with Sub? I am going to add a kicker Key 500.1 to drive the kicker 6.75 since I have one laying around. I will wire it in series to give the 6.75 150watts. But unsure of the polarity of the stock sub wiring. Also unsure of the wattage output of the stock amp.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon is there a wiring diagram for the 7 speaker system with Sub? I am going to add a kicker Key 500.1 to drive the kicker 6.75 since I have one laying around. I will wire it in series to give the 6.75 150watts. But unsure of the polarity of the stock sub wiring. Also unsure of the wattage output of the stock amp.
Yup, bottom of this post:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...de-replacing-upgrading-the-factory-sub.73215/

And we don’t know the power output of the factory amp. It’s definitely ~200 watts or less based on the gauge wire used to power it… but unsure of the exact number.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this is nothing new that hasn't been talked about before on these forums, but I've been getting a lot of DMs on the topic, so I thought I'd create a dedicated video for it. This video covers how to adjust your speaker configuration on your Bronco using FORScan. Super helpful if you are installing an aftermarket amplifier, or something like the Mabett Rear Pods.

I geared the video to someone who may not have used or only briefly dabbled using FORScan before, but isn't super comfortable using it—kept it short and to the point. So if you are comfortable using FORScan, just scroll down below the video for the values or checkout the FORScan spreadsheet thread.

Note this video is for the Base sound system for 2021-2023 (and probably later). The B&O system included in the Lux package has a different configuration. I don't have the Lux package, but if someone in central CT with the Lux package wants to get together to figure out what the values/settings are let me know. (Edit: Figured a lot of it out, but not good news. Video coming... someday.)

TL;DW for those who know FORScan already—

EQ Settings - ACM 727-01-02
  • xxYY-xxxx-xxxx
    • 00 = EQ Off
    • 01 = EQ On (High-pass filter on the rear pods)
Speaker Configuration Settings - ACM 727-01-01
  • xxYx-xxxx-xxxx - Driver Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • 3 - No Speaker (ACM disable)
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 3 - Speaker
    • 7 - Tweeter
    • B - Speaker & Tweeter
    • F - No Speaker
  • xxxx-Yxxx-xxxx - Passenger Rear Pod Speaker
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • 3 - No Speaker
  • xxxx-xYxx-xxxx - Driver Rear Pod Speaker & Subwoofer
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 2 - Speaker & Sub
    • 4 - Tweeter
    • 6 - Tweeter & Sub
    • 8 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • A - Speaker, Tweeter, & Sub
    • C - No speaker
    • E - Sub only
Other videos/guides I've created on the topic of audio upgrades:
Thanks for all of the assistance on this. I updated my 4" speakers to the Infinity reference ones this week. I used your recommended speaker harnesses and Forscan settings above to include the tweetered updated speakers. Big difference, and considerably more bass; so much so that I'm wondering if the factory setting was defaulted off for my '23 Big Bend with included subwoofer... Oh well, not going back as everything seems to be working well. From one EE to another, thanks again.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all of the assistance on this. I updated my 4" speakers to the Infinity reference ones this week. I used your recommended speaker harnesses and Forscan settings above to include the tweetered updated speakers. Big difference, and considerably more bass; so much so that I'm wondering if the factory setting was defaulted off for my '23 Big Bend with included subwoofer... Oh well, not going back as everything seems to be working well. From one EE to another, thanks again.
Should be simple enough to determine if that's the case by looking at what the settings are/were on your backup file.

Kbeas

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome info, thank you @RagnarKon! I always assumed that the speaker vs speaker/tweeter vs tweeter had to do with the DSP, acting as a crossover/filter, in that it would send full signal to a speaker/tweeter, lower frequencies to a speaker, and high frequencies to tweeter.

If it's the amount of power it sends to the channels, I think I need to update my settings to set everything to "speaker", although with the Key amp it may not make a big difference as you said.
If I don’t add the amp but only change the pods to the 6.5 kickers with tweeter what is the recommendation? I do have the factory sub as well. I’m getting confused if I select speaker/tweeter vs just speaker. Based on the Forscan settings provided one pod setting includes the sub when the other does not.

Sponsored

NativeTexan

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@RagnarKon, or others...can you please verify something for me?

1. Added Focal 6.5 Speakers in kick panels and tweeters in the dash.
2. Added SSV Pods in the rear with 6.5 Focal Performance Coaxial.

No amp, no sub yet. Factor amp and sub are non-functional. When I made these changes, it seems like there is less power than the settings for the 4 inch speakers...

EQ Settings - ACM 727-01-02 CHANGED
  • xxYY-xxxx-xxxx
    • 00 = EQ Off
  • xxYx-xxxx-xxxx - Driver Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers LEFT ALONE
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers LEFT ALONE
    • 3 - Speaker
    • 7 - Tweeter
    • B - Speaker & Tweeter
    • F - No Speaker
  • xxxx-Yxxx-xxxx - Passenger Rear Pod Speaker CHANGED
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • 3 - No Speaker
  • xxxx-xYxx-xxxx - Driver Rear Pod Speaker & Subwoofer CHANGED
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 2 - Speaker & Sub
    • 4 - Tweeter
    • 6 - Tweeter & Sub
    • 8 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • C - No speaker
    • E - Sub only

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon, or others...can you please verify something for me?

1. Added Focal 6.5 Speakers in kick panels and tweeters in the dash.
2. Added SSV Pods in the rear with 6.5 Focal Performance Coaxial.

No amp, no sub yet. Factor amp and sub are non-functional. When I made these changes, it seems like there is less power than the settings for the 4 inch speakers...

EQ Settings - ACM 727-01-02 CHANGED
  • xxYY-xxxx-xxxx
    • 00 = EQ Off
  • xxYx-xxxx-xxxx - Driver Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers LEFT ALONE
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers LEFT ALONE
    • 3 - Speaker
    • 7 - Tweeter
    • B - Speaker & Tweeter
    • F - No Speaker
  • xxxx-Yxxx-xxxx - Passenger Rear Pod Speaker CHANGED
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 1 - Tweeter
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • 3 - No Speaker
  • xxxx-xYxx-xxxx - Driver Rear Pod Speaker & Subwoofer CHANGED
    • 0 - Speaker
    • 2 - Speaker & Sub
    • 4 - Tweeter
    • 6 - Tweeter & Sub
    • 8 - Speaker & Tweeter
    • C - No speaker
    • E - Sub only
Yeah it looks like you did everything right but I'm not sure what you mean by...

"When I made these changes, it seems like there is less power than the settings for the 4 inch speakers"

Typo perhaps?

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I downloaded the newest version of Forscan, v2.3.57, and it doesn't show an ACM module. I'm using the windows version from a laptop with the recommended cable from the Forscan site. Any help is appreciated. I just wanted to do the audio update after upgrading to the 6.5" Rear pods.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I downloaded the newest version of Forscan, v2.3.57, and it doesn't show an ACM module. I'm using the windows version from a laptop with the recommended cable from the Forscan site. Any help is appreciated. I just wanted to do the audio update after upgrading to the 6.5" Rear pods.
Forscan is notoriously buggy.

This may or may not help… but you can try to install an old version. On my home PC I have notes in which version of Forscan works with specific model years but at the in-laws at the moment. If memory serves 2.3.49 works well with 2021 Broncos.

Sponsored

dsco

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forscan is notoriously buggy.

This may or may not help… but you can try to install an old version. On my home PC I have notes in which version of Forscan works with specific model years but at the in-laws at the moment. If memory serves 2.3.49 works well with 2021 Broncos.
this is what worked for me.

Pask2155

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@RagnarKon Thanks for the info my friend. I just want to confirm that I'm understanding you correctly. I upgraded the rear pods to the SV 6.5s pods with Kicker 6.5" speakers. I do not have an additional amp so just looking to boost the stock power or range via forscan. So I should turn the EQ high pass filter to the off (00) position to gain the extra power and the left and right rear speaker pod and subwoofer both to (0)(speaker) to gain full range correct?
hey man I’m wondering if you did this and how it turned out? Was there improvement?

Coldone

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2020 Raptor F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hey man I’m wondering if you did this and how it turned out? Was there improvement?
I did do it and it definitely made it a lot better. However, it still doesn't have enough bass. The highs and mid range are great now but I will have to add a better sub like @RagnarKon did.

rad_rob

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This might be a dumb question, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I read through the thread, but may have overlooked the answer to this.

I just installed a full JL audio systen last weekend. We put in C2 6.5's in the kick and in the rear pods (using the Mabbett pods), as well as some C2 4" in the dash. I used a XDM 600/6 for the speakers, and then did a JD250/1 for the 12W3 for bass.

The stereo sounds pretty great, but after looking through this thread, I wonder if I can make it sound better. Do these settings have the same effect when utilizing aftermarket amps? We used a plug and play T harness for the speaker wires, so I am assuming the signal sent through those wires would still be passing through the ACM leading me to believe some of these settings might make a difference, but not entirely sure.

Also, might be unrelated, but the call volume is almost unusable. The audio works fantastic and sounds incredible, but the call volume is weak. Not sure if there are some other settings I need to mess with.

Thanks for all the info on this thread!

rad_rob

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ignore that last post, I decided it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot so I went and programmed it and it made a HUGE difference.

It sounded great before, but now it sounds insane. I had to turn the gain way down on the sub amp and now the whole system sounds more full.

If anyone is reading through this thread in the future, I can confirm these settings do make a difference even with aftermarket amps when wired using a t harness.

I turned off the EQ, and set all of the speakers to speaker + tweeter. I may try experimenting with just speaker on all the channels, but it sounds really good right now.
Sponsored