OP

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why someone would want to find the top end on a lifted, square box riding on 35’s is beyond me.
Why someone wouldn't just read the explanation in the first post but feel the need to comment about how your fun is wrong is beyond me as well. I'll save you some time in the future. I do pretty much everything I do because it amuses me and because I can.
Sponsored

OP
OP

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok this is for your wife. I owned a 2020 Gladiator Overland for 2 years. Absolutely loved it. Looked awesome. Bouncy ride. My husband got a 2021 Base Bronco. He put a 2” lift and 35” Nitto Tires and 20” fuel Wheels. Rides like a dream. I never thought I would part with my Gladiator, but I was jealous because the Bronco rode so much better. I put my Gladiator up for sale sold it in 1 day. Had a 21 Bronco BB CG fall in my lap the very next day. Tell her to get a Bronco. Ours are 2.3L Lol I plan on putting a 2” lift and 35” tires and Fuel Covert Rims in Gray. Here are some pics. And the Gladiator I sold.
Thanks for the info. I'll show her your post. I will say the Bronco had excellent seats. I like comfy seats.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I'll show her your post. I will say the Bronco had excellent seats. I like comfy seats.
Yes I should add the seats are far more comfy in the Bronco. The Gladiator had leather seats and were very stiff. The Bronco is wider so there is more room for comfort in front and back. It’s fun to drive and has a much smoother ride. As far as being good on gas. The Bronco May get better gas mileage. My husband hated the ride in the Gladiator. He felt like it just beat him up with every dip in the road. Very bumpy unlike the Bronco, and they have the same make of tires.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why someone wouldn't just read the explanation in the first post but feel the need to comment about how your fun is wrong is beyond me as well. I'll save you some time in the future. I do pretty much everything I do because it amuses me and because I can.
You say you “can” but worry about the price for premium and can’t even decide on which model Bronco but, I suppose a Camaro is amusing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You say you “can” but worry about the price for premium and can’t even decide on which model Bronco but, I suppose a Camaro is amusing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You should really read at least the first post again before commenting out your backside further. And yes, the Camaro is very amusing.

Sponsored
OP
OP

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes I should add the seats are far more comfy in the Bronco. The Gladiator had leather seats and were very stiff. The Bronco is wider so there is more room for comfort in front and back. It’s fun to drive and has a much smoother ride. As far as being good on gas. The Bronco May get better gas mileage. My husband hated the ride in the Gladiator. He felt like it just beat him up with every dip in the road. Very bumpy unlike the Bronco, and they have the same make of tires.
Gas mileage isn't a decision point. Which is/was easier to take the top off when alone? Hard top vs hard top, if possible.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gas mileage isn't a decision point. Which is/was easier to take the top off when alone? Hard top vs hard top, if possible.
The Gladiator front 2 panels very easy to take off and put back on. The entire top, never attempted. But hear is very heavy need 2 people. Now the soft top. From a Video I have seen looks fairly easy, especially if your just flipping the front back. And from the video looks like one person can accomplish this alone doing the entire top. We have been in the winter months since Bronco purchase. We haven’t had the pleasure to enjoy. I believe I will be enjoying just flipping the front top back to expose front 2 seats more often than taking entire top off. Doesn’t look very complicated at all even doing entire soft top. 😁

OP
OP

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Gladiator front 2 panels very easy to take off and put back on. The entire top, never attempted. But hear is very heavy need 2 people. Now the soft top. From a Video I have seen looks fairly easy, especially if your just flipping the front back. And from the video looks like one person can accomplish this alone doing the entire top. We have been in the winter months since Bronco purchase. We haven’t had the pleasure to enjoy. I believe I will be enjoying just flipping the front top back to expose front 2 seats more often than taking entire top off. Doesn’t look very complicated at all even doing entire soft top. 😁
I told her, she says thanks. She wants to hold off until next year and see if some of the common complaints on here are addressed and there's more availability to see more trims/configurations in person before making her decision.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The gladiator has much better acceleration if it has the 4.10s, so either a rubicon or max tow.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I told her, she says thanks. She wants to hold off until next year and see if some of the common complaints on here are addressed and there's more availability to see more trims/configurations in person before making her decision.
Definitely understand. When the Gladiator came out I had to have one. And there were problems with them as well. Was fortunate I had no issues with mine. Now hearing about failed Engines in the 2.7 which am grateful we don’t own. I seen 2 2.3L with failed engines but they are with a manual. I can understand waiting. Eventually the Hard Top will be available for after market purchase in 2023. They are putting in the hardware for a hard top in some of the soft top purchases. I believe in purchasing an extended warranty if you plan on keeping the vehicle for awhile. Both are great vehicles. I will probably miss my Gladiator this summer when I could just run up to Lowe’s and pick up mulch or pine needles and throw them in the back. Fortunately my husband has a Ram and a trailer that we are able to get them this way as well. Best of luck on whatever your wife decides. Either vehicle is a great choice. Been happy now to have owned them both at one time. Definitely going to enjoy my New Bronco more this Spring. Can’t wait to add some mods and nicer wheels. 😁

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base .... 2.3 ... manual 7spd.... 30" donut tires.
I ran at over 90mph a few times now ... easily.
The truck is stable .. and decently quick.

I've not driven the auto, but I'd have faith in it, I hear a lot of good things about them.

Ford has done a really good job on selecting the gear ratios on these.

Now that I plopped 35's on mine, I'll move over to the slower lane if traffic is approaching those higher speeds. I think their speed rating is 90mph, so I'll keep her under 80 .... 78 being my normal cruise speed anyways.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's another thing, even after several 4 hour one way road trips, I've never even given the seating a second thought.
Apparently, they are comfortable enough. LOL

OP
OP

StopsForTacoTrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro. Ram.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Definitely understand. When the Gladiator came out I had to have one. And there were problems with them as well. Was fortunate I had no issues with mine. Now hearing about failed Engines in the 2.7 which am grateful we don’t own. I seen 2 2.3L with failed engines but they are with a manual. I can understand waiting. Eventually the Hard Top will be available for after market purchase in 2023. They are putting in the hardware for a hard top in some of the soft top purchases. I believe in purchasing an extended warranty if you plan on keeping the vehicle for awhile. Both are great vehicles. I will probably miss my Gladiator this summer when I could just run up to Lowe’s and pick up mulch or pine needles and throw them in the back. Fortunately my husband has a Ram and a trailer that we are able to get them this way as well. Best of luck on whatever your wife decides. Either vehicle is a great choice. Been happy now to have owned them both at one time. Definitely going to enjoy my New Bronco more this Spring. Can’t wait to add some mods and nicer wheels. 😁
She's in no big rush. Her current ride was bought new in 2015 and has barely hit 20k miles. If it was a convertible and rode higher we wouldn't be here, but if my wife wants to be high and topless then by God I'll make sure she gets to be high and topless.