First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner, 2020 X5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All of this makes sense. If every manufacturer were as incompetent as Ford and took 24 months to launch a vehicle it would be one thing. In related news that’s not reality. So, to all who wait for a mass manufactured SUV I want the best for them. If anyone wants to look at a used Maserati Levantine from 2018, they cost lots less than a “Premium” Bronco. And have a Ferrari derived engine.

Food for thought. Seems like I’m the negative Nancy on this thread, which is weird.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After months and months I decided to give up on a Bronco. I was going to go with a 4 door Sasquatch with Lux - Wildtrak style. Let me say, I waited over a year for a new Lotus Elise in 2005, I waited 9 months for a Boxster Spyder, but I am not interested in waiting over a year (maybe longer) for a mass produced SUV.

My reservation was at Westway Ford in Irving Texas. I received the email everyone got with a GM saying he didn’t know how many Broncos he was going to get etc. etc. etc. it’s not the GM’s fault but given the way things have played out it seems to me that I wouldn’t get my vehicle with the color and features I wanted until late 2021 or maybe 2022.

I informed my dealership I wanted my deposit back and was cancelling my order. He was professional and asked for my address to send the check. Literally within 2 minutes I received this:

Ford Bronco I cancelled my reservation master thread maxresdefault

I immediately responded back and said WTF - I didn’t finalize my order. Westway said he may have clicked the wrong button. I think that’s BS and suspect that they will be keeping the vehicle to sell to someone else. Anywho, maybe I am wrong but wanted to share.

ultimately I have decided to buy a Backdraft cobra replica. Although around 20k more than the Bronco I had selected I CAN CUSTOM BUILD A 427 1965 COBRA, GET IT ORDERED, PAINTED AND BUILT IN SOUTH AFRICA, SHIP IT TO THE US AND GET AN ENGINE INSTALLED AND DELIVERED TO MY DOOR IN 3-4 MONTHS.

Let me say it again. Custom rare car, built on another continent, manufactured and shipped to the US where a drivetrain will be installed in 90-120 days.

After driving one of those I decided to ditch the Bronco as my toy and slot in a Cobra. I think i made the right choice. It really drove home how silly the delays have been, especially since I wanted Velocity Blue which will be availablewho-knows-when.

This is a pic of the color of the Cobra I will have built. I have always wanted one and they don’t depreciate all that much!

I have a Superformance with 700 miles on the clock that is ready to go now if you’re interested. 427 Windsor with Weber carbs.

Sponsored

TexasT

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner, 2020 X5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pm sent on the Superformance.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After months and months I decided to give up on a Bronco. I was going to go with a 4 door Sasquatch with Lux - Wildtrak style. Let me say, I waited over a year for a new Lotus Elise in 2005, I waited 9 months for a Boxster Spyder, but I am not interested in waiting over a year (maybe longer) for a mass produced SUV.

My reservation was at Westway Ford in Irving Texas. I received the email everyone got with a GM saying he didn’t know how many Broncos he was going to get etc. etc. etc. it’s not the GM’s fault but given the way things have played out it seems to me that I wouldn’t get my vehicle with the color and features I wanted until late 2021 or maybe 2022.

I informed my dealership I wanted my deposit back and was cancelling my order. He was professional and asked for my address to send the check. Literally within 2 minutes I received this:

I immediately responded back and said WTF - I didn’t finalize my order. Westway said he may have clicked the wrong button. I think that’s BS and suspect that they will be keeping the vehicle to sell to someone else. Anywho, maybe I am wrong but wanted to share.

ultimately I have decided to buy a Backdraft cobra replica. Although around 20k more than the Bronco I had selected I CAN CUSTOM BUILD A 427 1965 COBRA, GET IT ORDERED, PAINTED AND BUILT IN SOUTH AFRICA, SHIP IT TO THE US AND GET AN ENGINE INSTALLED AND DELIVERED TO MY DOOR IN 3-4 MONTHS.

Let me say it again. Custom rare car, built on another continent, manufactured and shipped to the US where a drivetrain will be installed in 90-120 days.

After driving one of those I decided to ditch the Bronco as my toy and slot in a Cobra. I think i made the right choice. It really drove home how silly the delays have been, especially since I wanted Velocity Blue which will be availablewho-knows-when.

This is a pic of the color of the Cobra I will have built. I have always wanted one and they don’t depreciate all that much!

Good call i test drove a bunch in miami bmw suspension just a little too tight for my size excellent workmanship enjoy?

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Count me in as out:) Tempted by the Jeep 4xe, but went old school and have a deposit down on an incoming 4Runner TRD Pro. A better fit for me as mostly I am going to be hauling bicycles or a motorcycle on a hitch rack. So not having that spare tire in the back makes things much easier. Also the 4Runner has a 5,000 lb tow rating and 500 lb tongue rating which works for my 350lb hitch rack+motorcycle. Enjoy your Broncos! I will lose some off-road capability but the 4Runner will still be decent. Also not as badass as the Bronco for sure.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yup, 3 days ago I was 85 of 70, 2 days ago 65 of 70 and yesterday when I ordered I was 56. Thanks bros!
NICE MAN! So happy for you. Ive seen you posting in the other thread. Hope that means I moved up a hair for my order as well.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A multitude of reasons. for one I just can't make up my mind about what i want colors, tops, option, etc and i don't want to end up having buyers remorse.

2... Ford is pissing me off With the whole way they're doing this Bronco deal. We cant see or touch one IRL, the pics are all BS. Different lighting and everything else. how am isupposed to decide colors and things like that?

3. Im sorry... but both the soft and MIC tops look like ass. Ford wants to play the "late availability" game with an actual top that looks good. F u Ford. Ill just wait.

4. I'm having Mustang fever again bad after stupidly letting my ex wife talk me into selling my last GT. One reason why shes an ex. ? Next woman who even hints at the sale of my mustang will be getting tossed out the door instantly and im changing the fn locks....?

Right now it's a buyer's market for nice clean one owner GT Mustangs and I want a 5.0 vert more than a Bronco, and i dont have to wait a year. Ill get by another year with lifted F150 for hunting / fishing / camping and then look at a Bronco.

I did list all of my complaints when I cancelled my reservation so Ford knows why. Hopefully they get enough of that feedback it helps you guys out who are ordering.

I still love Broncos. Ill be around on here.
Bronco6G no charge. Stay with us!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks to all the cancellers and people delaying to 22MY@SAC. It moved me from out of allocations to just above the middle, order placed yesterday!
You are welcome! We expect a full report on roof fitment, engine torque, stereo quality, ride comfort, and the number of people who ask you if it comes in green. ; )

#2022rules
Sponsored