Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who has taken the time to go through all the replies and counted all the cancellations? How many so far?
Not enough!
Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am on the fence and if a dealer made me a decent offer for a 4Runner TRD Pro or a Wrangler Rubicon 4xe then I would probably buy one. Nobody has, so for now it is still a Bronco, but I'm pretty sure I will be MY22.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick calculations, roughly:

37 Cancellations

2 WildTrak
5 First Editions
8 Base
9 Badlands
13 Outer Banks
Oh good, means I'm that much closer to mine xD

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After months and months I decided to give up on a Bronco. I was going to go with a 4 door Sasquatch with Lux - Wildtrak style. Let me say, I waited over a year for a new Lotus Elise in 2005, I waited 9 months for a Boxster Spyder, but I am not interested in waiting over a year (maybe longer) for a mass produced SUV.

My reservation was at Westway Ford in Irving Texas. I received the email everyone got with a GM saying he didnā€™t know how many Broncos he was going to get etc. etc. etc. itā€™s not the GMā€™s fault but given the way things have played out it seems to me that I wouldnā€™t get my vehicle with the color and features I wanted until late 2021 or maybe 2022.

I informed my dealership I wanted my deposit back and was cancelling my order. He was professional and asked for my address to send the check. Literally within 2 minutes I received this:

41AC2E9F-93C8-457A-BCD6-90D99D2EA0D9.png

I immediately responded back and said WTF - I didnā€™t finalize my order. Westway said he may have clicked the wrong button. I think thatā€™s BS and suspect that they will be keeping the vehicle to sell to someone else. Anywho, maybe I am wrong but wanted to share.

ultimately I have decided to buy a Backdraft cobra replica. Although around 20k more than the Bronco I had selected I CAN CUSTOM BUILD A 427 1965 COBRA, GET IT ORDERED, PAINTED AND BUILT IN SOUTH AFRICA, SHIP IT TO THE US AND GET AN ENGINE INSTALLED AND DELIVERED TO MY DOOR IN 3-4 MONTHS.

Let me say it again. Custom rare car, built on another continent, manufactured and shipped to the US where a drivetrain will be installed in 90-120 days.

After driving one of those I decided to ditch the Bronco as my toy and slot in a Cobra. I think i made the right choice. It really drove home how silly the delays have been, especially since I wanted Velocity Blue which will be availablewho-knows-when.

This is a pic of the color of the Cobra I will have built. I have always wanted one and they donā€™t depreciate all that much!

70D5248A-9350-4C1E-A596-E296DB321BA0.jpeg

27A41C16-1E0B-4F76-A353-ABF1393C4BF9.jpeg

67B3A077-C4A8-4E30-9E62-3CBF0FD74EB8.jpeg
Beautiful car! And can we safely assume that the company building it that quickly does not have between 150-190K orders? :)

TexasT

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner, 2020 X5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Beautiful car! And can we safely assume that the company building it that quickly does not have between 150-190K orders? :)
Meh, remember the date when we could put our reservations in got pushed back, then the order date, then the delivery date, then the allocation to dealers was reduced, then there is uncertainty as to when a single color will be available.

I think the point is that for a massive auto company to take so long when a small company can do a custom car in literally 1/4-1/6th the time - and it is located on another continent - just doesnā€™t make sense for me and that nagging fact detracts from my enthusiasm for the product. I also donā€™t appreciate the unnecessarily complicated option package and trim levels with a continually broken build a price, but thatā€™s be rehashed to death on here.

Time is the one resource we canā€™t make more of and frankly, I donā€™t know that I want to be forced to choose between a second choice color or another 6-8 month wait on top of an already long 12-14 month wait for a mass produced SUV.

I am always happy to see enthusiasm for great products though and itā€™s great to see a lot of folks hanging on, even if it isnā€™t the right choice for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s not even worth talking about either.
If this entire forum (~17K) cancelled and IF we all had first day reservations it still wouldn't move the needle that much.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Meh, remember the date when we could put our reservations in got pushed back, then the order date, then the delivery date, then the allocation to dealers was reduced, then there is uncertainty as to when a single color will be available.

I think the point is that for a massive auto company to take so long when a small company can do a custom car in literally 1/4-1/6th the time - and it is located on another continent - just doesnā€™t make sense for me and that nagging fact detracts from my enthusiasm for the product. I also donā€™t appreciate the unnecessarily complicated option package and trim levels with a continually broken build a price, but thatā€™s be rehashed to death on here.

Time is the one resource we canā€™t make more of and frankly, I donā€™t know that I want to be forced to choose between a second choice color or another 6-8 month wait on top of an already long 12-14 month wait for a mass produced SUV.

I am always happy to see enthusiasm for great products though and itā€™s great to see a lot of folks hanging on, even if it isnā€™t the right choice for me.
I hear you brother, I was just poking fun. The Cobra you have lined up is about as bad ass a car as you can buy IMO. trust me I am jealous!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Velocity Blue is not a late availability color. It was but that changed months ago. Good luck with the Cobra! It will be a cool car!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sounds more like you wanted a vehicle to collect rather than use. A race car is quite different than a Bronco in use case

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cancelled my second reservation 1/14/20. Kept my original from 7/16.
Wow, you got a reservation before reveal night way back in Jan of last year!?!??! Impressive. You are not only prophetic, but also a genius to have bailed out before the sh*t-show even started! Although you may have already been driving this beautiful rig with the earliest of all reservations!

Just busting your chops. ?
Safe to assume you canceled your later res on 1/14/21.

If I didn't have a day 1 res, I would have done the same as you. MY22 is a wise decision....mainly bc I want that green Bronco!
Oh well, I'll still enjoy my model year CV-19 Bronco. (aka MY 21.5)

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, you got a reservation before reveal night way back in Jan of last year!?!??! Impressive. You are not only prophetic, but also a genius to have bailed out before the sh*t-show even started! Although you may have already been driving this beautiful rig with the earliest of all reservations!

Just busting your chops. ?
Safe to assume you canceled your later res on 1/14/21.

If I didn't have a day 1 res, I would have done the same as you. MY22 is a wise decision....mainly bc I want that green Bronco!
Oh well, I'll still enjoy my model year CV-19 Bronco. (aka MY 21.5)
Ha, yep. I am not that special to have a res from Jan 2020. I have done the half year cars before e.g. my 2014.5 M235, definitely something to be said for waiting for them to iron out the kinks.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I officially canceled my reservation today. My second reservation, that is.

July 23rd - doubt it helps anyone but there you go.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A multitude of reasons. for one I just can't make up my mind about what i want colors, tops, option, etc and i don't want to end up having buyers remorse.

2... Ford is pissing me off With the whole way they're doing this Bronco deal. We cant see or touch one IRL, the pics are all BS. Different lighting and everything else. how am isupposed to decide colors and things like that?

3. Im sorry... but both the soft and MIC tops look like ass. Ford wants to play the "late availability" game with an actual top that looks good. F u Ford. Ill just wait.

4. I'm having Mustang fever again bad after stupidly letting my ex wife talk me into selling my last GT. One reason why shes an ex. ? Next woman who even hints at the sale of my mustang will be getting tossed out the door instantly and im changing the fn locks....?

Right now it's a buyer's market for nice clean one owner GT Mustangs and I want a 5.0 vert more than a Bronco, and i dont have to wait a year. Ill get by another year with lifted F150 for hunting / fishing / camping and then look at a Bronco.

I did list all of my complaints when I cancelled my reservation so Ford knows why. Hopefully they get enough of that feedback it helps you guys out who are ordering.

I still love Broncos. Ill be around on here.
I'm sure you're not the 1st and you definitely won't be the last.
Sponsored