First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A multitude of reasons. for one I just can't make up my mind about what i want colors, tops, option, etc and i don't want to end up having buyers remorse.

2... Ford is pissing me off With the whole way they're doing this Bronco deal. We cant see or touch one IRL, the pics are all BS. Different lighting and everything else. how am isupposed to decide colors and things like that?

3. Im sorry... but both the soft and MIC tops look like ass. Ford wants to play the "late availability" game with an actual top that looks good. F u Ford. Ill just wait.

4. I'm having Mustang fever again bad after stupidly letting my ex wife talk me into selling my last GT. One reason why shes an ex. ? Next woman who even hints at the sale of my mustang will be getting tossed out the door instantly and im changing the fn locks....?

Right now it's a buyer's market for nice clean one owner GT Mustangs and I want a 5.0 vert more than a Bronco, and i dont have to wait a year. Ill get by another year with lifted F150 for hunting / fishing / camping and then look at a Bronco.

I did list all of my complaints when I cancelled my reservation so Ford knows why. Hopefully they get enough of that feedback it helps you guys out who are ordering.

I still love Broncos. Ill be around on here.
Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet, one reservation closer to getting mine! I agree a few things have been disappointing but not enough to break it for me... also if you're looking at Mustangs again, check out the new Mach 1, or a leftover 350

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its understandable.......going to a mustang is an apples/oranges thing, if it were another off road capable vehicle, I'd stick around and let it play out

Sponsored

broncobob94

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having had a Bronco and huge Ford fan in general, this was hard for me to land on... but there are just too many "loose ends" (some simple, some I just don't accept paying 59K for my build). I doubt any of this will change by March B&P, so for me personally, it's either wait another 1.5 years to get a MY22 or start having fun now.

My Issues:
  • Forced to lux to get basic features (e.g. garage door opener, wireless charging).
  • Not a big deal but they somehow lump the heated steering wheel in the lux but no cold weather package? Once you've experienced a heated steering wheel, you don't know what you are missing. :)
  • Front camera blocked by winch. Yes this could be figured out with aftermarket, I'm saddened this was overlooked.
  • 4 Door/2.7/SAS = can't get a roof rack. Seriously? and the elusive "addressed in MY22"
  • 4 Door GVWR - if this is what we think it is, and I think it is, this is an absolute showstopper. If I wanted a 2 door, I would probably be on the bleeding edge of staying with MY21.
  • Have to spend 2k to get power seats
  • Ridiculous interiors on some trims, I'm sure it's not as bad in person, but... ya
  • MIC MY21, wanting shadow black pushes me to MY22 anyway
There is probably a handful of more little things but those are the bigger ones.

New plans?
I'm sure MY21 works for most, but for me personally, will have to sadly bail on MY21. Who knows, maybe in a few years and a bolstered aftermarket I'll end up with a base Bronco and create something unique with aftermarket suspension, bumpers, etc. and I'm sure all of my concerns above will be addressed by then.

To Ford: You designed one heck of a vehicle, and I know it's not easy working with various suppliers and handling production with Covid, you should be proud of where you are starting -- just got a bit more work to do. Launching a brand new vehicle is no small task, hats off to where you are starting this new platform.

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cue all the complainers who say they don't want/need to hear from people cancelling, yet they read the thread anyway.

Thanks for your input Bob! Good points, and I understand your reasoning.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having had a Bronco and huge Ford fan in general, this was hard for me to land on... but there are just too "loose ends" (some simple, some I just don't accept paying 59K for my build). I doubt any of this will change by March B&P, so for me personally, it's either wait another 1.5 years to get a MY22 or start having fun now.

My Issues:
  • Forced to lux to get basic features (e.g. garage door opener, wireless charging).
  • Not a big deal but they somehow lump the heated steering wheel in the lux but no cold weather package? Once you've experienced a heated steering wheel, you don't know what you are missing. :)
  • Front camera blocked by winch. Yes this could be figured out with aftermarket, I'm saddened this was overlooked.
  • 4 Door/2.7/SAS = can't get a roof rack. Seriously? and the elusive "addressed in MY22"
  • 4 Door GVWR - if this is what we think it is, and I think it is, this is an absolute showstopper. If I wanted a 2 door, I would probably be on the bleeding edge of staying with MY21.
  • Ridiculous interiors on some trims, I'm sure it's not as bad in person, but... ya
There is probably a handful of more little things but those are the bigger ones.

New plans?
I'm sure MY21 works for most, but for me personally, will have to sadly bail on MY21. Who knows, maybe in a few years and a bolstered aftermarket I'll end up with a base Bronco and create something unique with aftermarket suspension, bumpers, etc. and I'm sure all of my concerns above will be addressed by then.

To Ford: You designed one heck of a vehicle, and I know it's not easy working with various suppliers and handling production with Covid, you should be proud of where you are starting -- just got a bit more work to do. Launching a brand new vehicle is no small task, hats off to where you are starting this new platform.
Probably only a day or so away.. To get equal with sport BL, have to spend 53k. Nope. And wait.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having had a Bronco and huge Ford fan in general, this was hard for me to land on... but there are just too "loose ends" (some simple, some I just don't accept paying 59K for my build). I doubt any of this will change by March B&P, so for me personally, it's either wait another 1.5 years to get a MY22 or start having fun now.

My Issues:

New plans?

Broncobob, thanks for the post and the reasoning. Best of luck in wherever you land. I hope you circle back and let us know what you decided.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All valid reasons to wait. Best of luck and don’t forget to mention your reservation date.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow is it me or is the New Year just bringing in cancelations left and right ? Hate to see you go nothing but the best of luck! ?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You list lots of reasons that bother most reservation holders and you acted on it. Good luck with your substitute ride(s).

what was your reservation date you cancelled?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bigparty.gif
Sponsored