Sponsored

I ordered the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hard top. Anyone else?

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same boat here. Ordered and waiting. Loosing confidence the more I read. I also find it interesting that @ADV Fiberglass has not jumped in with any reassurances or incentives to maintain reservations. 🤔
Sponsored

pjmezz13

Black Diamond
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I priced out an ADV hard top yesterday again to see if I could convince myself to pull the trigger. When I saw the lead time at 12 weeks I thought, well that's not too bad I could get the hard top in time for winter. I came here to do some additional research and after reading all the comments decided to order some Black Rhino Barricades instead. A few hours later ADV sent me their "Don't make Ron Cry e-mail"

Ford Bronco I ordered the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hard top. Anyone else? 1690296505144

Felt the need to provide some feedback...

" From what I hear you've been making bronco owners cry for nearly 2 years. How about you update your lead times. While your product looks good on social media, it seems like you are crowd sourcing funding to keep development afloat. Maybe your next video should address these concerns head on. "

Response this morning:

"We appreciate your concerns. To address them, there is 0 crowdsourcing on this project. This was 100% funded by ADV Fiberglass and customer funds are only and SOLELY used for producing their order. As for lead-times, we have adjusted them from 8-12 weeks to 12 weeks. At this time, we expect that to be accurate. If it needs to be adjusted again, we will do so."

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I priced out an ADV hard top yesterday again to see if I could convince myself to pull the trigger. When I saw the lead time at 12 weeks I thought, well that's not too bad I could get the hard top in time for winter. I came here to do some additional research and after reading all the comments decided to order some Black Rhino Barricades instead. A few hours later ADV sent me their "Don't make Ron Cry e-mail"

Ford Bronco I ordered the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hard top. Anyone else? 1690296505144

Felt the need to provide some feedback...

" From what I hear you've been making bronco owners cry for nearly 2 years. How about you update your lead times. While your product looks good on social media, it seems like you are crowd sourcing funding to keep development afloat. Maybe your next video should address these concerns head on. "

Response this morning:

"We appreciate your concerns. To address them, there is 0 crowdsourcing on this project. This was 100% funded by ADV Fiberglass and customer funds are only and SOLELY used for producing their order. As for lead-times, we have adjusted them from 8-12 weeks to 12 weeks. At this time, we expect that to be accurate. If it needs to be adjusted again, we will do so."
You tried.

If the response was correct a non-refundable deposit of 10% to hold your place in line would be appropriate and sufficient. Once "your" top is queued for production or assembly the balance would be due or you lose your spot. Simple.

Instead, 18 months later some folks have paid interest on the top they don't have and don't know when they will receive it. Some simple math: $6k @ a very optimistic 12% apr x 18 months = $1080.00. You have now paid $1080 more for the top by the time it arrives (probably significantly more). Many have paid off their credit card but you could have also invested that money in a CD for example and earned like 5% which would be something like an additional $450 or more in your own hands effectively reducing the cost of the top by that much.

To rub salt in the wound of day 1 orders, those who waited 12 months will effectively be paying significantly less for the same top and receiving it at nearly the same time. Does any of this make sense? Choose your cut-off but early orders should be getting sound-deadening free or some other form of good faith compensation.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fun fact, my folks started building there house last year and no joke, it's going to be done before these. It's honestly hilarious hearing them make jokes when I come home about it "You could have built a house before getting your roof delivered!"

Hope that cheered someone up before seeing another youtube video today and getting sad :)

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anyone has decided to give up, I have an OE hard top for sale in the forum.
At this point, it's principle haha

(and I think it is the best choice)
(and wife refuses to get a refund)

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fun fact, my folks started building there house last year and no joke, it's going to be done before these. It's honestly hilarious hearing them make jokes when I come home about it "You could have built a house before getting your roof delivered!"

Hope that cheered someone up before seeing another youtube video today and getting sad :)
Not really a good comparison. Its not uncommon for a basic house to be built in 6 months. The ADV top is in development, so it makes sense it could be much longer. I have to be honest it was tough to put $7000 before they are in production, but they have a good reputation and it looks like they going all out on this top to make sure its top quality. I'm glad to wait instead of getting something poor quality quicker.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else hear the news that the top delivery has been delayed again. I sent an email asking for an update since they said hardtops are going to shipping out August. Well they told me now its looking for like late September/Early October........

Its frustrating to wait for almost 2 years and pay all this money. I understand it takes time to ramp up production and wait for parts or other materials to put it all together. According to ADV they recieved rubber (Which is what they needed for final assembly) in mid-late May. They said they started to do the final assembly and they would be delivered August. Figured that wouldnt be so bad. Well now its September/October. I dont understand why its taking them so long to assemble the hardtops. Maybe I'm missing something or they arent telling us something if there are any issues they are running into with assembling them. If anyone has any info that would be awesome!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else hear the news that the top delivery has been delayed again. I sent an email asking for an update since they said hardtops are going to shipping out August. Well they told me now its looking for like late September/Early October........

Its frustrating to wait for almost 2 years and pay all this money. I understand it takes time to ramp up production and wait for parts or other materials to put it all together. According to ADV they recieved rubber (Which is what they needed for final assembly) in mid-late May. They said they started to do the final assembly and they would be delivered August. Figured that wouldnt be so bad. Well now its September/October. I dont understand why its taking them so long to assemble the hardtops. Maybe I'm missing something or they arent telling us something if there are any issues they are running into with assembling them. If anyone has any info that would be awesome!
Who knows? Transparency would be good but too much gets you nitpicking too.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have not ordered one because of this , I have talked to them to and they keep saying waiting on parts to ship , nothing takes 2 years to get , they are lying! Last I talked to them they said they will ship later this fall . I bet they won’t ship till summer if 2024 . Bottom line not ordering till I see reviews from actual customers and they ship within a couple weeks of giving them my money .

Sponsored

ALEXMURPHY

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have not ordered one because of this , I have talked to them to and they keep saying waiting on parts to ship , nothing takes 2 years to get , they are lying! Last I talked to them they said they will ship later this fall . I bet they won’t ship till summer if 2024 . Bottom line not ordering till I see reviews from actual customers and they ship within a couple weeks of giving them my money .
I have been waiting since May of 2022, every month it's another 2 months out just got notice that is now expected maybe January of 2024.

They keeps saying assembly is taking longer than expected never any actual details never any actual things they are going to do to fix these issues and exactly where is sit in Queue.

Communication, real honest communication should be delivered from this company.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been waiting since May of 2022, every month it's another 2 months out just got notice that is now expected maybe January of 2024.

They keeps saying assembly is taking longer than expected never any actual details never any actual things they are going to do to fix these issues and exactly where is sit in Queue.

Communication, real honest communication should be delivered from this company.
yeah I cancelled my Hardtop because of this reason. They dont give a reason of what the hell is going on and why they are having problems. A Hardtop shouldnt take two years to deliver! Oh but in the mean time lets make wide body fenders for the raptor and all these new kits. They seem to not have any issues with making the fenders....ridiculous! I wouldn't waste my time waiting anymore. Yes it sucks to have a soft top but really its not that bad.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone else cancel there hardtop order because of the wait?