Sponsored

If Ford offered a 2DR Factory soft top for faster delivery, would you take it?

If Ford offered a 2DR Factory soft top for faster delivery, would you take it?

• Yes

• Yes - as long as it's not the fastback

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do we know this to be true? I haven’t heard anything about all 2drs being pushed to the back of the list. In fact I haven’t heard Ford make a distinction at all between 2dr and 4dr MIC tops, only that they are constrained.....particularly FEs and WTs, That would be extremely disappointing if true. Can you post where you saw that please?
It's hard tops in general, posted all over and quoted all over the bronco news. See the dealer posts here that redline the MIC top deliveries and push the soft top reservations to the front.

The issue with the 2DR is that there is no soft top option to mitigate the MIC shortage, not so much an issue specific to 2DR MIC tops. I just wanted to get a feel for how people would respond to the option of a soft top to help solve resource scarcity. Personally I'd go for it, maybe buy the mod top a while later when available (and the $15? connector that people are super concerned about). I just hate the fastback... I'd probably still take it with that though.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the MIC top but I wouldn't mind getting a soft top first, even the fastback is fine. The connections don't bother me either I'll figure out a way to add them. It's just not an option at this time on 2drs so I'm stuck.

That Webasto can produce ZERO non-defective tops at the moment is pretty troubling.
I thought they were making 40 a day up til now? Now it's zero?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's hard tops in general, posted all over and quoted all over the bronco news. See the dealer posts here that redline the MIC top deliveries and push the soft top reservations to the front.

The issue with the 2DR is that there is no soft top option to mitigate the MIC shortage, not so much an issue specific to 2DR MIC tops. I just wanted to get a feel for how people would respond to the option of a soft top to help solve resource scarcity. Personally I'd go for it, maybe buy the mod top a while later when available (and the $15? connector that people are super concerned about). I just hate the fastback... I'd probably still take it with that though.
Right. It’s just the way that you phrased that...,”every 2dr pushed to the far back of the list”.....that I was confused about.

Ford hasn’t really addressed the 2dr MIC top issue separately like they did for other non-soft top only FEs and WTs, and since the 2dr comprises a much smaller percentage of orders and uses a different sized MIC top than the 4dr, I’m holding out hope (considering my vet low allocation and reservation number) that some, including mine will be scheduled sooner rather than later. My understanding is they are still building Broncos with MIC tops, there’s just not near enough for all the demand.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would. I'm already taking the MIC top for faster delivery and was planning on buying the black mod top at a later date. Might as well not have 2 hardtops. Thanks Ford & Webasto! Great teamwork!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think they made 100 over 2 shifts yesterday. ZERO were acceptable
Well, that’s Not good at all. Is that insider information from the plant?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think they made 100 over 2 shifts yesterday. ZERO were acceptable
I don’t question you sir, but I would question the validity of that information. I mean, what company would, this far along in the process, continue to throw money down the drain by persisting to make defective, unusable products.

Where is their quality control section? Why wouldn’t they make a few, check serviceability, then either proceed if they’re good or halt production if they’re bad.

I’m sure at this point Ford is actively engaged in the manufacturing process and would not allow that boondoggle. That can’t be right...can it?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That can’t be right...can it?
don't shoot the messenger. There ARE however limited numbers of Webasto MIC tops coming from a plant outside the US, but I assume that's cost-prohibitive for mass production

I'm a 2-door MIC with a scheduled July build. So I'm assuming Ford believes they will be buildable by then

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell yes I'd take a soft top for my 2 door! Make it happen!

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, because I guess I want a 4 Door, but if that was for a 4 Door, I guess that would be possible, as I imagine I would just likely own both tops anyways and get the MIC later when available. I'm not all that concerned about break-ins as it is either.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
don't shoot the messenger. There ARE however limited numbers of Webasto MIC tops coming from a plant outside the US, but I assume that's cost-prohibitive for mass production

I'm a 2-door MIC with a scheduled July build. So I'm assuming Ford believes they will be buildable by then
Yes Sir. That’s why I was careful to make the distinction between the message and the messenger. We appreciate any information we can get at this point, since very little is coming from Ford.

It just sounds irrational that they could spend two shifts, producing 100 unserviceable MIC tops with the attention Ford must be giving this issue, and all the money and reputation it’s costing both company’s. I guess I just hope that information is innacurate, because if it’s true, then we should all be looking at jeeps, or defenders, or 4Runners or.......

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Come on people, join today's real world. For what ever reason, plastics are becoming very difficult to obtain. Since February '21, Deere has told their dealers to expect long wait times for plastic parts and anything electrical. Resins are hard to get and their are to many places that haven't/won't go back to work. Suppliers of all parts are struggling right now to supply demand. If Ford was to change suppliers mid stream, regardless whether a newbie was better or worse, it would be 6 months to a year before they could ramp up and make something. Ford's communication has not been as good as it could be but do any of you really think that anyone at Ford thinks it is their best interest to piss off their customers. NO. They are as unhappy about this as we are. Ford was going to intro the Bronco 3/20/20 in Sun Valley, Id. COVID hit there that week and everywhere else and guess what. Things changed big time. Don't feel so entitled and just hope that people go back to work. When things return to normal I will get my early res Bronco and be happy. Yes, I would be happier if I had it now but oh well.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely I would! I’m not a fan of the bestop just because it doesn’t fold all the way down but would would deal with it for awhile. I really could care less about the hard top plumbing and wiring cause honestly I would never buy one if it came from the factory with a soft top.......I’ve gotten rid of the hardtop on every bronco, jeep or scout I’ve ever owned.
Sponsored