bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Squatch. If I want more power, a tune is easy. So are bolt-ons. Gears, suspensions, wheels, tires, better front axle/diff, etc is a lot of work.

Last edited:

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the SQUATCH for me !!! Short version .... Fun Haven Ranger shows more than enough power 2.3/ auto. Therefore having the suspension spec"ed out like this makes it a no-brainer for me. If you would need more umph, becasue of the auto, you could go up in gearing ....... 5'38's ???? Plus already having the auto makes the Bronczilla one step closer.

I'm still torn between the Badlands, 33's, 7MT or Base, Auto, Squatch thing. When I get to the trail I can "disconnect" my sway bar myself. So I guess we will see when we get some solid pricing.
You can tune the 2.3 ecoboost to 310hp and 370 ft lbs of torque. Check out five star tuning.

wander

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 E250 Super Duty Sportsmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch. I won't be towing and the 2.3 ecoboost will still provide better performance for the Bronco than the 2F does for the FJ40.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In this situation i would go with the 2.7

The sasquatch package would be overkill for me

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In this situation i would go with the 2.7

The sasquatch package would be overkill for me
2.7 since I will likely be trading in my Mustang and I'm already used to 400tq. The 10 speed is the first automatic transmission I've driven that didn't make me miss having a manual.

rowh9188

Wildtrak
First Name
roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250 6.2L CCSB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I fully expect I will use the Bronco the same way I use my Jeep JL. That's light off roading, and road trips of great distances. My Jeep is completely stock w/32's, and it is way more capable off road than I'll ever be. And, it is a comfortable road trip vehicle. In both aspects I wholly expect the Bronco will be also. So, I'll probably go with the Outer Banks trim w/2.7L sans the "Squatch".
i think your going to be better off going wild track. Because its basically the same other than a standard hardtop

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd go 2.7L, because aftermarket suspension lifts, tires, and wheels are all doable down the road if needed/wanted. Swapping an engine, is muuuccchhhh more difficult and expensive hah.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd go 2.7L, because aftermarket suspension lifts, tires, and wheels are all doable down the road if needed/wanted. Swapping an engine, is muuuccchhhh more difficult and expensive hah.
But it is a lot easier to add power and torque to the 2.3 than it is to swap that front dif...

tuning options for the 2.3 are ridiculous (look at what some of the mustang guys are doing), but by not doing the Sasquatch you are stuck with a m190 aluminum front dif.

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But it is a lot easier to add power and torque to the 2.3 than it is to swap that front dif...

tuning options for the 2.3 are ridiculous (look at what some of the mustang guys are doing), but by not doing the Sasquatch you are stuck with a m190 aluminum front dif.
True, there are plenty of tunes for the 2.7, but I'll have to check out the 2.3 stuff as well. I was under the impression the M190 was a separate option and we can upgrade to the M210 w/o the Sasquatch? I'll have 2.7 and Sasquatch either way, but didn't think it was included with that.

OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True, there are plenty of tunes for the 2.7, but I'll have to check out the 2.3 stuff as well. I was under the impression the M190 was a separate option and we can upgrade to the M210 w/o the Sasquatch? I'll have 2.7 and Sasquatch either way, but didn't think it was included with that.
It’s been heavily implied that you only get the m210 with the front locker, so that would mean badlands or Sasquatch package, however I would love to be wrong on that lol.
Sponsored