First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the peace of mind of 4A on rain and on grass. I'd spend the extra $750 for it on Black Diamond. I've had it on trucks before.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One of the reasons I wanted OBX was to get 4A. After much consideration I dropped down to BB. Realized I am most likely not really going to hit any off road locations where it would be necessary and despite getting a decent amount of snow here, I can flip the dial from 2H to 4H and back

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OBX looks lame, unless you get the SAS package or plan on spending money on new wheels ,tires and wheel flares. I may go with the OBX, but it will need to be Squatched.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Chill out bro. I would absolutely hang out with Rick. He’s been around here for a long while and has given us great insights that have helped us along our bronco journey.
Yeah, he also treats people like crap on a constant basis. I don't care if he's been here forever as that does not excuse poor behavior. And if it does, that speaks volumes.

I see him start shit with people for absolutely zero reason on a constant basis.
I agree. He is an absolute wealth of knowledge. I enjoy reading his answers.

Very much an asset to the forums.

I’m a firm believer a person in his position should act like he expects others to act on this forum. He’s no rookie. This is just basic human interaction type stuff here.

Either way, I’m done with this conversation, no offense. I appreciate your dedication to Rick though, it’s admirable.

Cheers to both of you fine people.
I concur with all three of these. Better to have @Rick Astley on here than not, just wish he wasn't so condescending most of the time.

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my FJ which didn’t have auto or full time 4wd it would turn off the traction control if you switched from 2h to 4h. It was much easier to drive in snow in 2wd with the traction control than without it in 4h. Not sure how the Bronco system works, but I ordered a BL with the 4a.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Driving around the Chicago area in winter where one street might be plowed, and another covered with snow, or anything in between ... shifting my CJ from 2H to 4H and back again often, got old. So I can see where the 4a or whatever it's called on the Bronco, could be a nice feature. Even though on Base model I won't be getting 4a and have little user for it off-road.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I concur with all three of these. Better to have @Rick Astley on here than not, just wish he wasn't so condescending most of the time.
That's why you just put up with him on here then during an offroad event you put heavy duty zip ties on his drive shaft and other shenanigans (no fish behind the glove box).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The OBX looks lame, unless you get the SAS package or plan on spending money on new wheels ,tires and wheel flares. I may go with the OBX, but it will need to be Squatched.
The wheels are what makes it look lame, otherwise, it looks as good as any other Bronco.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the all time AWD in my Subarus, especially in snow and rain. The systems are great.

But I opted out on the Bronco because I want a 4wd truck luddite build. (As much as possible in a modern vehicle.)

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went from a F150 to a F250 and the biggest thing I miss about the f150 is 4A. It was nice to have when it was wet or slick roads.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who has the 4A, I can tell you it is the best "option" for me and I would give up my stay bar disconnect well before my 4A. It does not affect front steering 90% of the time, it reacts really fast/well to wheel slip and once we get ice and snow here in MI it will be even more important. I have gone off road (lightly) three times and every time, I preferred 4A for most of the trail ride. It's just so nice to have the feel and steering of 2WD and knowing if i get some slip, it will vector the power. I only changed modes when I wanted to use the front locker on a nasty hill climb.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd rather have it than not, and if it was an option on my Bigman I'd pay for it. But it's not enough to push me up to a more expensive and heavier trim.

OP
OP
MBLANCHARD

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all your input. I ended up changing my trim from the BB to the OB to get the 4A and stuck with the 2.7. It will be our only vehicle and I didn't want to regret not getting it. I think it will be a good addition to have for us, living in the NW and traveling over passes in the winter. Will probably change out the wheels and tires when I can.