First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future- 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands now-Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m waiting for this tune for my 2023 badlands 2.3L (not yet released for the 2023)

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please explain the transmission re-tuning? Manual or 10 speed ?
A tune can't do anything for a manual transmission. The automatic is electronically controlled and shift points, down shifts and internal pressures are can be manipulated in the calibration. I'm sure the Ford performance calibration has firmer shifts and they likely reprogram the upshifts, downshifts, internal shift speeds, converter lock-up and other parameters that are controlled through the PCM.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This particular tune enhances rev-matching for downshifts, or is at least reported to (disclaimer - no first hand experience here). While I recognize that the transmission itself hasn't been changed it seems a bit extreme to state this does not "do anything for a manual transmission". I may be alone in my opinion, though.

Sponsored

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This particular tune enhances rev-matching for downshifts, or is at least reported to (disclaimer - no first hand experience here). While I recognize that the transmission itself hasn't been changed it seems a bit extreme to state this does not "do anything for a manual transmission". I may be alone in my opinion, though.
Rev-matching? I always did that with my right foot and the tach. I'm not familiar with rev matching controlled by a PCM. My post was specific to transmission functions and those functions normally addressed with a tune, without regard to the engine tuning parameters that will be the same regardless of transmission. Would seem the auto transmission gets more bang for the buck. Extreme? Really???

StreetTuff

Badlands
First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

fairlane_68

Wildtrak
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, here's my perspective. If you're using your Bronco as a mall crawler or DD or occasional off-roader thst sees more streets than dirt, I can see the tune being beneficial. However, if you take your Bronco on long drives to get to trails or vacation spots that are remote, is that tune and added expense going to be worth it when you find yourself low on fuel and the one gas station closest to you doesn't carry 91 octane fuel? Are you ready to pay $6-7/gallon or more?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the FP tuner on a 2.7...I think it's great. It does NOT pull quite as hard as the JB4 tuner on map 4 with 50/50
E85 /92 octane mix tho. (which I've since removed) And Im OK with that very slight difference for now. And it's not a real comparison because I don't get to buy E85 often and don't know how well the mix works with this FP tune.

So with 92 octane I feel it compares to the JB4 tuner on map 3.

Other engine mods are K/N intake and straight pipe exhaust (no muffler).

As others have mentioned the shift logic is improved noticeably. Lower 1-3 gears seem to get a bit more power earlier in the RPMs ranges too.

I like the pro cal tool overall as well, decent device.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, here's my perspective. If you're using your Bronco as a mall crawler or DD or occasional off-roader thst sees more streets than dirt, I can see the tune being beneficial. However, if you take your Bronco on long drives to get to trails or vacation spots that are remote, is that tune and added expense going to be worth it when you find yourself low on fuel and the one gas station closest to you doesn't carry 91 octane fuel? Are you ready to pay $6-7/gallon or more?
Yep...we know that's coming...but I like hp enough to buy 91 or 92 consistently and at 40k miles, I drive it quite a bit. Rolling 40s now and checking the fuel mileage hadn't even entered my mind...hacking off the OEM fuel tank and replacing it with a.high clearance one has tho.

RuddyMuts

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is not an issue at all. Simply open the tuner and load the stock cal back in if you're worried this may happen or gas goes to the moon. Then return to Perf tune whenever you want to be as you say "Mall Crawler" again.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update: still awaiting finalization and response regarding MY23. We're hoping it to still be end of this month (around when more devices are coming in stock as well).

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: still awaiting finalization and response regarding MY23. We're hoping it to still be end of this month (around when more devices are coming in stock as well).
So you're out of stock?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So you're out of stock?
I believe we have a couple 2.3L's left but for 2.7L's, yes. We are awaiting Ford Performance's next shipment which was last updated as end of this month.
Sponsored