First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX8 2010 R3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just picked up mine 2 days ago. I noticed it while driving off the lot and didn't think anything of it.. I found this thread and now I'm upset.
Sponsored

mansqchbaser

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Garage
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd been hearing mine for a month, thinking it was some sort of break-in thing, and after reading the threads I took it to the dealer. Confirmed, it's the same issue. '22 received in June and is a 7speed base model Sasquatch with under 2000miles. Hoping they can get the parts and it all works out.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just picked up mine 2 days ago. I noticed it while driving off the lot and didn't think anything of it.. I found this thread and now I'm upset.
I'd been hearing mine for a month, thinking it was some sort of break-in thing, and after reading the threads I took it to the dealer. Confirmed, it's the same issue. '22 received in June and is a 7speed base model Sasquatch with under 2000miles. Hoping they can get the parts and it all works out.
No actual working fix for the moment. They are scheduling the TSBs but back ordered parts has just about all the repairs waiting until march-april and the TSB as it currently stands doest fix the issue or a new transmission.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No actual working fix for the moment. They are scheduling the TSBs but back ordered parts has just about all the repairs waiting until march-april and the TSB as it currently stands does fix the issue or a new transmission.
I wouldn't expect a real fix until this time next year at best. With these backorders and warm weather coming there won't be much noise until next winter so Ford won't have the data to show the TSB didn't work until then.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wouldn't expect a real fix until this time next year at best. With these backorders and warm weather coming there won't be much noise until next winter so Ford won't have the data to show the TSB didn't work until then.
Hopefully that's not the case. There are still plenty of examples where cold doesn't seem To make a difference any longer and the noise is present even in some warmer temps. I know after a certain point mine was no longer quieter after warming and even on a 70* day it sounded the same.

Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Great. Mine is scheduled for production on 4/10. Hoping they've resolved the issue by then. A lot of builds keep getting pushed back. Maybe Ford is trying to fix the manuals.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great. Mine is scheduled for production on 4/10. Hoping they've resolved the issue by then. A lot of builds keep getting pushed back. Maybe Ford is trying to fix the manuals.
I wouldn't place too much hope there, but we could all be on parts hold because of a redesign coming and they pulled existing stock, who knows? Seems odd we are waiting on the simplest of parts. That's about all the optimism I have. I have a feeling though we will be dealing with this issue for another 6-12 months. The TSB I feel is a gauge for the scope of the problem but many people are just sitting on them with the noise, so ford doesn't know about those ones. Not the best choice. I suggest taking rhe proper steps to protect yourself in case ultimately it's more headache then it's worth. If the issue occurs get it looked at right away even if you intended to stick with the vehicle in the long run.

Ohio lemon law
12 months first major repair has to happen
18000 issue must reoccur 3 times
3 repeat attempts to repair with no resolution
Cumulative 30 days down time
Numerous other combined issues

Dabo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picking mine up in a few hours. The service department representative is telling me one or two parts are not available to order yet because the redesign has not been completed. This is the same gentleman who told me there was an updated TSB on this issue. Is he ahead of the curve, or is he making it up as he goes? I have not heard of anyone else mention either of those two things.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picking mine up in a few hours. The service department representative is telling me one or two parts are not available to order yet because the redesign has not been completed. This is the same gentleman who told me there was an updated TSB on this issue. Is he ahead of the curve, or is he making it up as he goes? I have not heard of anyone else mention either of those two things.
He is probably explaining something in a way that he thinks you will better understand, or simplifying things. The TSB that is out on the internet may not be the "whole story", they may have gotten newer info from the powertrain hotline...either way I'd say give 'em the benefit of the doubt...what's the worst that can happen? The noise is still there? Same boat as the rest of us!

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes more info would be nice. A TSB#. PN.

Sponsored

Dabo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He is probably explaining something in a way that he thinks you will better understand, or simplifying things. The TSB that is out on the internet may not be the "whole story", they may have gotten newer info from the powertrain hotline...either way I'd say give 'em the benefit of the doubt...what's the worst that can happen? The noise is still there? Same boat as the rest of us!
I just came back, I did not really ask any questions. The guy seemed pretty helpless. He just handed me the keys and said "sorry, we cant fix the vehicle". To be honest, I was not expecting a fix at the moment as I've read far too many posts to believe that. And I am glad they are not going through with the TSB, as it seems to be a waste of time and resources. Pretty much the only reason for seeking service was to confirm the condition and start a paper trail in case something adverse happens in the future.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just came back, I did not really ask any questions. The guy seemed pretty helpless. He just handed me the keys and said "sorry, we cant fix the vehicle". To be honest, I was not expecting a fix at the moment as I've read far too many posts to believe that. And I am glad they are not going through with the TSB, as it seems to be a waste of time and resources. Pretty much the only reason for seeking service was to confirm the condition and start a paper trail in case something adverse happens in the future.
At this point you are probably better off. The fact that he said something to the effect of parts availability, I take as a positive sign overall. Could mean that somebody somewhere has figured something out, and told them not to bother w/the tsb. The service writer is not the guy who makes that phone call, so he doesn't know (or usually want to know) all the details...just what he should tell you. Years ago I used to be one of the guys who makes those kinda phone calls, and sometimes they helped!

Dgs67

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard back from Dealer…. Per the dealer Ford has put a stop to all part ordering related to the TSB. Possibly ford is about to acknowledge and post a recall? Who knows but all of us with parts on order… sadly they are NOT on order at all and waiting for future direction from HQ.

So…question.. still waiting to hear back on timeline for this so…has anyone brought up not paying their payments or asking for Ford for some type of reimbursement or purpose a NEW automatic Bronco?

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heard back from Dealer…. Per the dealer Ford has put a stop to all part ordering related to the TSB. Possibly ford is about to acknowledge and post a recall? Who knows but all of us with parts on order… sadly they are NOT on order at all and waiting for future direction from HQ.

So…question.. still waiting to hear back on timeline for this so…has anyone brought up not paying their payments or asking for Ford for some type of reimbursement or purpose a NEW automatic Bronco?
Interesting, my dealer updated me last week also with no ETA on some of the parts (nothing about anything else though)

I have an Open case with Ford Canada customer service, and they brought up re-payment before I even said anything, but I have to wait until its all fixed for it to be settled

Dgs67

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, my dealer updated me last week also with no ETA on some of the parts (nothing about anything else though)

I have an Open case with Ford Canada customer service, and they brought up re-payment before I even said anything, but I have to wait until its all fixed for it to be settled
That’s nice they brought it up though. I’m sure a lot of dealers will avoid this at all costs.
Sponsored