Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those of you that have just ordered the plug-and-play harness - I just chatted with them and asked about shipping since I got a UPS Tracking number - They said it would be 30-45 days -- So the wait begins
Same. Just placed my order as well. Works out OK for me, I can hit my Bronco slush fund for the amp and sub in a different month LOL.
Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installing one is super easy I think plug n play even has a kit for one to be added with the kicker key amp. Right now it’s just laying in the back but soon as I get time I plan to just mount it to the plastic on the driver side of cargo area. First I didn’t want to do that but heck with it. It looks good and it doesn’t take up much room. Even if I go to sell the bronco and remove it I can get some plastic plugs on Amazon to pop in the 4 tiny holes I’m making.
Will the HS10 fit under one of the front seats? I have a dog that will be in the back. He'll drool all over the sub and I wouldn't want to subject him to a sub right next to his head anyways so under the front seat would be ideal.

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will the HS10 fit under one of the front seats? I have a dog that will be in the back. He'll drool all over the sub and I wouldn't want to subject him to a sub right next to his head anyways so under the front seat would be ideal.
You've got the heater vents right in the middle of the space. Might consider hanging it from the molle that is part of the tailgate table from JCR...another person shared that option.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've got the heater vents right in the middle of the space. Might consider hanging it from the molle that is part of the tailgate table from JCR...another person shared that option.
Yup. He'll still drool all over it there. He's not the best car rider lol.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, not completely it hangs out little more than half way because of the floor vents under the seat.

Sponsored

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is little off topic but for people looking for a sub to finish off their setup after the key amp Ive tried the sound ordnance 8" powered sub and the Kicker hs10 now in the Bronco. The sound ordnance I thought sounded good till today I installed a Kicker hs10 and wow for such a small sub it sounds amazing I highly recommend spending the extra coin and getting it over the other options. The wiring is super clean and it just looks so nice compared to others. Bass is plenty loud enough and is very punchy and clean sounding for a shallow powered subwoofer. Ive had a the 8" hideaway before in another car and I thought it sucked this 10" version is way better. Thumbs up to kicker I'm sending the Sound Ordnance back to Crutchfield tomorrow.
I'm have the HS8 sub I'm going to install and was wondering if you connected the remote wire to a aux power source or did you just use the DC offset function? If you did connect it where did you tie it in and if not is the DC offset working good? Thanks!

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm have the HS8 sub I'm going to install and was wondering if you connected the remote wire to a aux power source or did you just use the DC offset function? If you did connect it where did you tie it in and if not is the DC offset working good? Thanks!
Dc offset is working great powering on and off no need for the remote wire. (Side note)But if you ever do go to Install something that doesn’t have dc offset or having issues with it you can get a line converter that has a remote turn on built in off Amazon.
Kicker 46KISLOC2 K-Series Stereo Line-Output Converter w/Remote Turn-On Output https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKFSLKN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PAE4GNRGNW5FA915R17C

Terrynsd

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those of you that have just ordered the plug-and-play harness - I just chatted with them and asked about shipping since I got a UPS Tracking number - They said it would be 30-45 days -- So the wait begins
I’m glad that you contacted them. I got the same email and was getting my hopes up. I should have known better haha. I guess everything else will be ready!

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is little off topic but for people looking for a sub to finish off their setup after the key amp Ive tried the sound ordnance 8" powered sub and the Kicker hs10 now in the Bronco. The sound ordnance I thought sounded good till today I installed a Kicker hs10 and wow for such a small sub it sounds amazing I highly recommend spending the extra coin and getting it over the other options. The wiring is super clean and it just looks so nice compared to others. Bass is plenty loud enough and is very punchy and clean sounding for a shallow powered subwoofer. Ive had a the 8" hideaway before in another car and I thought it sucked this 10" version is way better. Thumbs up to kicker I'm sending the Sound Ordnance back to Crutchfield tomorrow.
I agree on the Sound Ordinance. I've been a big fan for over 10yrs in other vehicles..but couldn't keep it consistently turning on when using line-level inputs with my PNP harness. I finally bit the bullet and bought/installed a HS8 today and it seems to be working well so far.

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered Kit #18! I was extremely disappointed with the factory speakers so I upgraded all speakers to Kicker and although better the system still had no balls so hopefully after this upgrade I will finally be happy with the sound. Thank you plugnplaykits for putting this together!
Finally got this kit installed and super impressed with the results! The system sounds amazing and the plug any play kit made it a fairly simple install, probably took me around 4 hours but didn’t get in a hurry. Also if anyone is doing this setup and has the cargo enclosure the HS8 Sub fit perfectly between the enclosure and the back seats!
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! F032B38C-966B-4024-8A16-D65A38B91CA2

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally got this kit installed and super impressed with the results! The system sounds amazing and the plug any play kit made it a fairly simple install, probably took me around 4 hours but didn’t get in a hurry. Also if anyone is doing this setup and has the cargo enclosure the HS8 Sub fit perfectly between the enclosure and the back seats!
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! F032B38C-966B-4024-8A16-D65A38B91CA2
Kind of defeats the safety purpose of the enclosure though, yes? I have the enclosure and the HS8 and plan on mounting to the side or rear molle panel inside for added theft protection. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of defeats the safety purpose of the enclosure though, yes? I have the enclosure and the HS8 and plan on mounting to the side or rear molle panel inside for added theft protection. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah thought about that too but I like it hidden.

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Excellent. Would you be able to pull back a bit for another pic? Hard to see the perspective of the sub’s location. Thanks!

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you have any rattle with the sub firing against the enclosure?

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have any rattle with the sub firing against the enclosure?
I put some foam padding strips in between the sub and enclosure and the few minutes I have listened to is so far didn't notice a rattle but could end up being an issue I will update if I end up having to make some changes.
Sponsored