Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

See what I can do!

Request sent!
Update. Yes have stickers but no information on them yet! All have line of x's on them! xxxxxxxxxx like that.
that is an interesting piece of information!!!!

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know what they know. I know they want to avoid future civil liabilities...
With all due respect, the Bronco aside, no one normally goes through these kinds of machinations when they purchase a car or truck. Some folks are going off the deep end with their "concerns". If I were Ford, I'd clam up because if they convey any information, it's chewed up and regurgitated ad nauseam. Regardless, I find some of the posts very entertaining; not so informative, just entertaining.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With all due respect, the Bronco aside, no one normally goes through these kinds of machinations when they purchase a car or truck. Some folks are going off the deep end with their "concerns". If I were Ford, I'd clam up because if they convey any information, it's chewed up and regurgitated ad nauseam. Regardless, I find some of the posts very entertaining; not so informative, just entertaining.
Ummmm should I not admit that I most definitely do? I set up a spreadsheet for finding the right family SUV. Am I the only one who does this sort of thing?

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Problem is when someone has a chance to ask questions, they focus on wish list info instead of clarification on known features like this one.

Example ... what should be asked.... There is alot of concern over the individual trims and options as to the Total Capacity weight restrictions. People are doubting that 4 grown adults and their camping gear will comply with weight limitations. What are the real numbers? AND is Ford going to change something structural for the 2022 to address this?

Instead we get questions like... when will I be able to get a white top, or if my order is 5 minutes before the next guy what does that mean? ..... or my personal favorite, why does the Bronco only come with an electronic Owners Manual.

My point being that so many questions are being asked as to understand Fords reasoning and frankly it doesn't matter and we are going to get BS anyway. Instead we should be focused on getting all the missing details of features we KNOW come with the Bronco and how they work, etc.
I agree with you that the technical questions are most important and need to be answered with some type of priority. All technical questions on anything being ordered on 1/9 should have real, fully researched, complete answers coming from a dealer or a Ford hotline / customer support & now. Once answered the questions could go into a faq list for all to search so it does not have to get answered many times wasting employee hotline time. Just check the faq list online first.

I would rather not order, get excited and then cancel for a detail that I should have had before ordering. I don't think there are many technical show stopper questions and those deserve answers from Ford rather than guesses and conjecture.

The other questions need answers as well and for the most part should be explained if possible or left as TBD with a date attached, so you know when to expect an answer. I am assuming they don't have answers for futures in a timeline even so TBD might have to do. Ford can't give an estimate date in some cases even as that will become gospel and then Ford will get hung for failing to hit a estimate date. Think B&P tool.

I'm going to try and call Ford and see what I get for information.

Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I respectfully disagree. I definitely analyze every aspect of a potential 40k purchase.

Indo not want to sink that much money into a vehicle that cannot be what I want it to be or do what I want/need it to do.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I bought my F-350 I went through the same calculations. I wanted to be able to carry a slide-in camper and still be able to tow a 10,000 lb trailer. You can't do that by just hoping the math works out in your favour.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just spoke with Ford Customer Service / Rena who understood the GVWR question and worked on it with her resources. She was really nice, unfortunately after 15 minutes said she could not find the answer just found the GVWR tables posted already. Real reason for calling, I asked if she had access to the engineers so we could speak with them directly (wishful thinking), the answer is no.

Rena said to call the dealer and have the dealer call the Ford Rep. as it is their job to get these types of answers. Calling the dealer now or in the morning if I don't get thru.

edit: 5:09pm John from Stephens Ford is gone for the day, will call him in the am

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Edition 2 door. Ahh. Almost caught another one. Looks to be 3 digits

Ford Bronco Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all 10B55ABD-E6A7-4964-8E27-FD10A668E95A

Ford Bronco Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all 10B55ABD-E6A7-4964-8E27-FD10A668E95A
Its still a little fuzzy but sure looks like a 765 to me on the 2dr FE
Ford Bronco Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all first edition.PNG

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all

It's been almost 72 hours...I'm guessing it's taking longer than you thought.
well did you participate in the Twitter effort?

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a picture of a Bronco SPORT Fully loaded first edition.
It has more payload than the 2 door first edition (confirmed at 765lbs per above sticker). Little compact vehicle, more capability. Great Ford!

Ford Bronco Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all 1609801664846

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its still a little fuzzy but sure looks like a 765 to me on the 2dr FE
Ford Bronco Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all 1609801664846
Looks like it says 357 kg which is 787 pounds. So just shy of 800 pound payload on this FE in this pic.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
816 lbs is a perfectly believable number, but I'm fairly certain it's derived based on the tires, and not any kind of max payload capacity.

This same sticker on my 5th gen 4Runner says total weight, including passengers, should not exceed 835 lbs. Yet Toyota lists the payload capacity as 1,495 lbs.
the payload capacity is for the lightest configuration of the vehicle they build. The maximum payload capacity is that number reduced by the weight of the various options you have added.

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco isn't exactly spacious. It seems pretty hard to fit 4 adults and hundreds of pounds of gear in or on this thing (even the 4 door).

This only seems like an issue if you're towing a 3500lb trailer? The Bronco's number doesn't really seem different than the 4Runner or Jeep...
Sponsored