Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much confusion around reservations & dealer allocations. Just received this message from Mike Levine on IG. (excuse my IG typo)

This confirms - If your reservation was made before the September 18(?) cutoff, then you will get a 2021 model year and NO dealer stock is being built for 2021.
I was a bit worried about this because of FAQ wording, changes, etc. I'm happy now. Exactly when you receive yours is based on factors widely discussed, but we now know you'll get yours before they are on dealer lots!

Screenshot_20201031-203843.png
LOLz so now you all are believing what he says. “By September” it is.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many dealers are not charging extra deposit over the $100. Makes perfect sense! They are happy to put the undelivered order on the lot and I'm sure Ford is okay with that. Ford and the dealers probably prefer this scenario.
There won’t be undelivered orders for 21. People will either convert to an order or they won’t. Are you new to the forum?

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly, or maybe the X-Plan may make a comeback. ;-). LOL!!

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
There won’t be undelivered orders for 21. People will either convert to an order or they won’t. Are you new to the forum?
What? In Dec/Jan, you have to make a contract with your dealer to convert your 'reservation' to an 'order'. Many dealers are not requiring extra deposit for this. What you wrote makes no sense.

And, since many people will have 'orders' next year that only cost them $100 down, it's safe to assume a fair number of these 'order' holders will not follow through on buying at delivery time. Those vehicles will then be dealer stock. Are you new here?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's wildly incorrect. I'm not sure you actually understand how the system works. People will be converting their reservations in December into an order. However, most dealers aren't requiring a large deposit and you don't pay for the vehicle until it arrives. So you'll have a lot of $50K+ vehicles arriving 4-12 months after they were ordered. Lots of things can happen. People can get sick, lose their jobs, not be able to get financing, etc. There will be plenty of orders that are delivered to the dealerships but never paid for and picked up, so that will be dealer inventory and I guarantee they'll have large dealer markups for the next two years.

Sponsored

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the game is. Employee purchases, dealer buys at total cost including taxes and fees, so employee is out $0. Maybe at invoice?

dealer can then put it on the lot with basically no miles and an ADM. if employee is on the sales team, they probably get to sell it and pocket the commission.
so they are now selling a used car and can jack the price to whatever they want. No MSRP on a used car. I have seen that before with very rare new cars.

Broncodriver76

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2021 FE, 2020 f-350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Many dealers are not charging extra deposit over the $100. Makes perfect sense! They are happy to put the undelivered order on the lot and I'm sure Ford is okay with that. Ford and the dealers probably prefer this scenario.
A savvy individual with 2 reservations would order his second Bronco for the dealer in exchange for a good deal on The first order.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A savvy individual with 2 reservations would order his second Bronco for the dealer in exchange for a good deal on The first order.
Except that Ford seemed to indicate they are watching for such shenanigans that don't wind up with the bronco being sold to the reservation holder

I'm sure dealers are looking at work arounds for that scenario, but would a savvy buyer actually finance two broncos, get insurance and take a credit hit and then return one to the dealer to make that happen....if that was the way they wanted you to do it?

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Except that Ford seemed to indicate they are watching for such shenanigans that don't wind up with the bronco being sold to the reservation holder

I'm sure dealers are looking at work arounds for that scenario, but would a savvy buyer actually finance two broncos, get insurance and take a credit hit and then return one to the dealer to make that happen....if that was the way they wanted you to do it?
You assume everyone finances their vehicles? A cash buyer can get the car with Certificate of Origin and pay tax when registered.

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Much confusion around reservations & dealer allocations. Just received this message from Mike Levine on IG. (excuse my IG typo)

This confirms - If your reservation was made before the September 18(?) cutoff, then you will get a 2021 model year and NO dealer stock is being built for 2021.
I was a bit worried about this because of FAQ wording, changes, etc. I'm happy now. Exactly when you receive yours is based on factors widely discussed, but we now know you'll get yours before they are on dealer lots!

Screenshot_20201031-203843.png
This confirmed stuff from him...yea that’s a joke. How many times has he “confirmed” something to only later turn around and deliver some steamy pile of crap about uhh ohh well things changed and we can’t now. If you believe everything he has “confirmed”, I have an island I have for sell and all you have to do is send me all your money and than I’ll send you the coordinates. Lol

Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not saying they won't be any on the lots. I am saying they will not be cheap.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This confirmed stuff from him...yea that’s a joke. How many times has he “confirmed” something to only later turn around and deliver some steamy pile of crap about uhh ohh well things changed and we can’t now. If you believe everything he has “confirmed”, I have an island I have for sell and all you have to do is send me all your money and than I’ll send you the coordinates. Lol
Sounds like you need your Prozac!

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is what it is. Like getting a flat tire on the trail - it's not what you wanted but it happened and you will deal with it. And you may even laugh about it later over a beer.

Everyone at Ford and the dealers are trying to do their best. That means two distinct things - sometimes a person's 'best' is good such as Granger. And sometimes someone's 'best' seems like they didn't pay attention to the overall goal such as Ford's decision to announce the Bronco on a date that triggers folks to remember the OJ Bronco chase.

So everyone's best isn't what any one person may view as favorable all the time.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure that would help the dealer. It’s confirmed if they don’t deliver the Bronco to their original order placer they are penalized through allocation. So if you reserve two, they’ll be penalized for the second one you don’t take. Hence some dealers will have higher deposits.

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah man just can’t trust someone who has been on the wrong side of truthful so many times. I see it like this, if you even think you could see an outcome change, just don’t say anything. It’s better than being wrong and turns your word into a joke. At the end of the day your word is your bond that’s the country way of thinking. I appreciate your medical opinion about my need for Prozac, you are medical professional right??
Sponsored