First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know that I was just saying my dealer pretty much confirmed what the tread is about. Dealers won’t have stock until 2023 because of reservations.
Is it wrong that I want to drive my new Bronco past (and possible stop by) my local dealer just to rub it in their faces?? And, mention the price I paid.
Sponsored

bmattison

Black Diamond
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester, 2020 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is it wrong that I want to drive my new Bronco past (and possible stop by) my local dealer just to rub it in their faces?? And, mention the price I paid.
If it makes you feel better lol. My local dealer is doing invoice pricing so I really have no complaints.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread just makes me want to take delivery of my July 13th reservation, drive it for a month and throw it up on autotrader for a serious markup. i'm sure I won't but I can't wait to see the premiums people will pay...

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Given supply and demand the Bronco is going to be the type of vehicle that a 'lightly used' vehicle may sell for close to MSRP.

And for me, the risk of buying a vehicle I haven't driven is mitigated if I can sell it for close to MSRP.

And dealers will gladly be willing to buy a lightly used Bronco for their lot. Porsche Dealers are 'highly discouraged' in marking up new cars over MSRP. They often will buy used 'special vehicles' from their 'high roller' customers and sell them as used cars for a profit.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
This highly questionable. Ford would not want this happening and it is easy to monitor. I doubt dealership owners would risk pissing off the manufacturer to get a few extra vehicles early on.
...Years ago Ford had a dealer in NJ..I believe they were the largest Ford dealership in the state...(I purchased 2 vehicles from them)...selling cars and trucks like crazy...One day I drive by..The big Ford oval is gone...Ford pulled their license..I don't know the reason...but if a dealership tries to screw the manufacturer...the dealer will always be the loser...

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given supply and demand the Bronco is going to be the type of vehicle that a 'lightly used' vehicle may sell for close to MSRP.

And for me, the risk of buying a vehicle I haven't driven is mitigated if I can sell it for close to MSRP.

And dealers will gladly be willing to buy a lightly used Bronco for their lot. Porsche Dealers are 'highly discouraged' in marking up new cars over MSRP. They often will buy used 'special vehicles' from their 'high roller' customers and sell them as used cars for a profit.
For sure this game is going to be happening. A lot of "1200 mile" used Broncos popping up for $75k.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread just makes me want to take delivery of my July 13th reservation, drive it for a month and throw it up on autotrader for a serious markup. i'm sure I won't but I can't wait to see the premiums people will pay...
I have 2 reservations. Been seriously thinking of getting a MIC manual Badlands day 1 and using the second reservation for the same Bronco but Modular top and Mansquatch or even a 2022 white top and trade in the original for the second one.

Getting A/Z plan, I bet I could break even on the first one.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 2 reservations. Been seriously thinking of getting a MIC manual Badlands day 1 and using the second reservation for the same Bronco but Modular top and Mansquatch or even a 2022 white top and trade in the original for the second one.

Getting A/Z plan, I bet I could break even on the first one.
Smart. I wish I made 2 reservations the first night now for sure. I bet you could do even better selling your first one privately rather than trading it in. And I think you'll do better than break even.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Much confusion around reservations & dealer allocations. Just received this message from Mike Levine on IG. (excuse my IG typo)

This confirms - If your reservation was made before the September 18(?) cutoff, then you will get a 2021 model year and NO dealer stock is being built for 2021.
I was a bit worried about this because of FAQ wording, changes, etc. I'm happy now. Exactly when you receive yours is based on factors widely discussed, but we now know you'll get yours before they are on dealer lots!

Screenshot_20201031-203843.png
How about Ford just get their shit together and officially start to release info instead of this constant drip of info coming from Mike confirming things on twitter or other social media. Nothing personal against Mike, but this is getting kind of ridiculous.

At the very least, this is the sort of thing that should have sent sent to reservations holders from Ford as a corporate communication.

cactus_jack

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How about Ford just get their shit together and officially start to release info instead of this constant drip of info coming from Mike confirming things on twitter or other social media. Nothing personal against Mike, but this is getting kind of ridiculous.

At the very least, this is the sort of thing that should have sent sent to reservations holders from Ford as a corporate communication.
Agree. This seems like someone's pet project that the new CEO is trying to kill. They are working hard to make it as undesirable as possible.

Sponsored

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this mean there will be no Broncos at a dealer to check out in person prior to all '21 orders being filled? Glad Ford isn't taking any line time away from those with '21 orders (I'm a '22) but it would be nice to see one, sit in one.... in person before taking delivery.

Maybe there's another program where some examples will be shown around at a variety of dealers so us "regular" folks can check them out in person, including sitting in one.
For what it's worth, this is what my dealer told me:

"Most or all of the incoming models will be preordered. So, the only models available to see would be those coming in for customers that ordered them. If a customer drops out of an order, then potentially, that model will be available to test drive and purchase. However, we will not have any stock units to test drive prior to ordered models arriving."

I'm assuming quite a few people will fulfill multiple reservations with different setups and will only take home the Bronco they love. They're only out $100 after all...

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...Maybe the part about getting sick...or losing a job...is unforeseen...but you can bet your last dollar,that the vehicles will have to be financed before the order goes through...
Can anyone confirm this?
If I need to finance in December (next month), then I guess I'm giving up my reservation! I have a wedding to finish paying for and it takes priority. The eta of June to August arrival for Bronco was working *perfectly* with my finances

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...Maybe the part about getting sick...or losing a job...is unforeseen...but you can bet your last dollar,that the vehicles will have to be financed before the order goes through...
Sounds like you've never ordered a car before. I've never had to finance before the order, and that doesn't even make sense (try getting a car loan on a car that has no VIN number). Dealerships will ask for a deposit, but in this case I'm not sure many dealers will even do that beyond the $100 you put down for the reservation because for these broncos they want the initial buyers to not complete the purchase so that the trucks end up in their inventory and they can sell them with a mark up.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone confirm this?
If I need to finance in December (next month), then I guess I'm giving up my reservation! I have a wedding to finish paying for and it takes priority. The eta of June to August arrival for Bronco was working *perfectly* with my finances
I can confirm that Russ1Bronco doesn't know what he's talking about and he's absurdly wrong (try getting a loan on a car without a vin number and see how that goes).
Sponsored