redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LMAO you sound like a crazy old man who just rambles on without reason, that's awesome.
And thanks for dummy'ing it up for me. Last time I did a lift was on my '84 Bronco (Rough Country lift cuz I was poor back then). Came with an add-a-leaf (rear), new coil springs, new shocks and a bracket or 2. Obviously TTB a bit different than IFS (which I know nothing about).

I'm just hoping to see some prices (before ordering launch) to be able to decide if I go with the squatch package (with Goodyear tires :() or... if price can be close, do my own aftermarket lift and maybe get a set of BFG's or Nitto's.

You are right @EvlNvrDys I do ramble on ....... :ROFLMAO: I start making a point and then think of something and then start on that tangent. Plus with all this shit coming at us like a full on naval barrage, it's hard to make sense of it. "you can have ..... but you can't have ". Christ just make the damn thing optioned so an off roader can go get the badass stuff WITHOUT the fluff. to me rubber floor and vinyl seats are NOT fluff. leather and carpet is !!! Give you an example Outer Banks screams beach to me !!!! no vinyl and rubber o_O Last time I checked a base pickup has no carpet but a base Bronco does.

Though of something else ....... bad thing about going base no squatch, it will most likely be the end of '21 till you see the smaller/ mid aftermarket lifts available. And more like '22 till you will see the bigger lifts. When I bought my TJ it was in the woods in a matter of days and in that time I managed to flex it enough to rip apart the factory front sway bar links. I like to enjoy what I buy and am not afraid to use it. So the Base with no squatch might be an under performer till it gets the upgrades and we all know what happens then, I have to hear " See, told you that thing would be junk" from all my Jeep buddies.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Havenā€™t had a look at the sway bar links to see if long enough to put disconnecting links in. This is the key to build or Badlands in my mind.

Of course if you want 6MT and 4.7ā€™s there is only one option.

Looks like there should be enough. Hard to find a good pic of it.

Ford Bronco Lift kit options? 1595040628048

(y)(y)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll have several lift kit options in no time. Iā€™m also certain that at least one will suck and this forum will be the place to find that out.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked my dealer when the accessory catalog should be available. They didnā€™t know but said Roush has been working for over a year. Roush makes a fox shock lift for the F-150.

If thereā€™s any truth to that, and to compete with Jeep offering a dealer installed Mopar lift, I imagine there will be at least a small lift available from the start.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I posted a little something in one of the other threads more to this point. So here Is how I look at it...........

ā€œThe next step is putting longer arms on the truck with, again, kind of theā€”think of it like the Raptor versus standard F-Series way of handling the ride height increase and the tire package increase. And weā€™ve got partners that weā€™re working within the aftermarket where stuff like thatā€™s gonna be available,ā€ Groves said.

This is what I call a mid lift 2" - 3.5", depending on model. Its is mainly just redesigned front upper a-arms for more down travel and longer coil overs, in the rear most apps are leaf spring so it is either add a leaf, blocks, or shackles ( most common) and longer shocks. About 1500 clams, if you are wondering about price. Now a lot of people go the "inexpensive" route and go with what is called a leveling or spacer lift. Just a spacer for the top of the stock coil over. This gets you about 2.5 at the most. Add a block to the back. Or in other terms the "redneck" mid lift. Don't get me wrong the arms and longer coil overs are the way it should be done, it is a whole geometry thing, I am just putting it out there for all to understand a little better. The engineers can elaborate on that, I'm a simple man, I just know how shit works mechanically. The big picture here is THIS is what I believe is on the yellow, holey door, light bar galore, BIG meaty tires Bronco has on it............ 2" lift and 37's.

I am torn on how to get into a Bronco, keep in mind I am an off road enthusiast and don't care about fancy stuff I am pure function.

Base, Sasquatch, 7M or go for the Badlands to get the disconnect as well as vinyl seats and rubber floors. But with all this stuff coming out now I don't know what to do. we need pricing and facts of what you can do and what you can't do. This forum has just gone BONKERS, I expected it but damn I get lost around here now, I'm an old guy. HAHAHA. Back to my point, now I might just get the Base, Sasquatch, and 2.7/auto to get the front dig, trail control and 4A, but loose two goats and a disconnect and just save my pennies for a mid lift and Godzilla transplant. Don't think I can swing the badlands with a 2/7auto option gotta' be close to 50K or more.

Back to weeding through my options ......................
What's your opinion on the Black Diamond's capabilties with the 2.7L? This is my preferred setup if I can get the 33" all terrains offered on the Badlands. Doesn't seem too difficult for Ford let me get that wheel tire combo. I'm not into hard core off-roading, but I like to dabble.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
. 2" lift and 37's.
No, No , No.... Think at least 40's (just hoping several "locals" build some badbutt broncos, I need some new wheelin partners that can keep up). :) BTW, you close to Rausch/AOAA?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I expect Fox, Icon, and the like to have something pretty quick. My plan is the upgrade suspension with whoever gives me more articulation, not less like Ford is offering.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It took a year and a half for aftermarket stuff to appear after Jeeps 2018 return. If Ford is smart, they will have their accessories ready for when Broncos hit the street. JEEP unveiled them but no one knew how to order. Once the code was cracked the aftermarket had taken over,

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why did we let this thread die?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anybody found any news on lifts? At least a spacer level kit?