2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh so you're getting cloth from Ford and upgrading it with leather and the cool air? That maybe 2k?
No on the cloth. Wife is getting the lux package if some of the items are not offered ala carte. Depending on the seat material/quality or additional options, if the seats will have the option for the perforated inserts like the Sport does, then I'd reuse the leather. I can also have a leather upholstery shop swap out the inserts for perf inserts or just replace the seat covers all together with a new Katzkin setup with the perf holes and the Degreez setup. Hard to say right now until the B&P is actually live.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may have been answered already but why does the Badlands package in the Sport offer the B&O sound system, leather seats, moonroof, heated wheel and wireless charging pad for $2,595. Thats a lot less from than the lux package on the Bronco badlands. The mid & high package get you all the other items.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't want any type of interference on the steering wheel or brakes, but with new cars it's difficult to avoid. My wife's Toyota Highlander has the lane holding feature, and shadows on the road confuse it sometimes. At least you can disable it once and not have to worry about it unlike auto start stop.

Cruise control isn't a deal breaker for me. Even on five hour highway trips, I actively drive and pay attention, so I rarely use cruise control. Of course, my vehicles have manual transmissions. Autos pretty much put me to sleep and make the drive more of a chore. The only cars I use cruise on anymore are ones that have uncomfortable gas pedal positions (ford focus and other vehicles with huge consoles that intrude into the gas pedal area and my right leg).

I almost bought a Ford Focus RS, but the number of problems they have, limited availability, and uncomfortable seating position pursuaded me to buy an STI. The old tech is actually pretty nice.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want any type of interference on the steering wheel or brakes, but with new cars it's difficult to avoid. My wife's Toyota Highlander has the lane holding feature, and shadows on the road confuse it sometimes. At least you can disable it once and not have to worry about it unlike auto start stop.

Cruise control isn't a deal breaker for me. Even on five hour highway trips, I actively drive and pay attention, so I rarely use cruise control. Of course, my vehicles have manual transmissions. Autos pretty much put me to sleep and make the drive more of a chore. The only cars I use cruise on anymore are ones that have uncomfortable gas pedal positions (ford focus and other vehicles with huge consoles that intrude into the gas pedal area and my right leg).

I almost bought a Ford Focus RS, but the number of problems they have, limited availability, and uncomfortable seating position pursuaded me to buy an STI. The old tech is actually pretty nice.
Do you know the difference between regular cruise and active cruise?

5-0Jackson

Black Diamond
First Name
Keri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Range Rover Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree. The only thing in the Lux I want (except for inexpensive things like garage door opener) is the sound system. Not worth it to me.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you do that on a vehicle like Bronco with the big screen as the audio and no visible radio? Where does it go?
I did it in my Focus. You just route the stock speaker cables into an amp or box that accepts high-level speaker inputs. Then you can use that to drive whatever amps and speakers you want. The stereo interface remains the same, you're just highjacking the signal at the speakers.

Ryn1OOl-800x600.jpg

geBO_Z3s-800x600.jpg

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's interesting that Toyota includes ACC even on a base-ass Yaris, but Ford is making you jump up to the obscenely expensive Lux package. I'd forgo power windows and door locks before forgoing ACC; ACC and Android Auto are really the only two automotive innovations of the past 15 years that hold any value for me.

I hope ACC is available a la carte. A premium sound system is kind of pointless on a vehicle with a removable roof that will surely have tons of wind noise. Why pay thousands to reduce the distortion of the speakers by 10 dB when the wind noise is already 30 dB above the noise floor of the audio system?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This may have been answered already but why does the Badlands package in the Sport offer the B&O sound system, leather seats, moonroof, heated wheel and wireless charging pad for $2,595. Thats a lot less from than the lux package on the Bronco badlands. The mid & high package get you all the other items.
I think it's most likely because the sport is a different vehicle with different pricing and margin targets

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Different vehicle, different target market, different pricing structure. What a lot of people fail to understand is that the price of something has almost nothing to do with its cost and everything to do with how much they can charge for it.

To put things in perspective - the a la carte Burmeister system in my Porsche Cayenne was $5500, so getting the whole lux package at $2300 for me here is a no brainer.
Porsche option prices are a bad yardstick, they consistently capture the largest margins on options by far of any automaker.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You may get lucky and the Bronco factory amp location void will be large enough for an aftermarket amp. Have not seen the schematics, but there has to be a ton of room behind that dash or maybe in the center console since the air is located under the front seats.
I wouldn't pull the factory amp, it's usually more than just a straight amp and the car could get mad at you for pulling it out. Just tap into the speaker wires. It's pretty common on the F150 forums.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High
Ford Bronco Lux package not worth it at all spotlites

Spotlites like this:

Ford Bronco Lux package not worth it at all spotlites
I have the spot lights on my F150 mirrors and have used them once, in my driveway to see how bright they are lol. Can turn them on when in gear.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Different vehicle, different target market, different pricing structure. What a lot of people fail to understand is that the price of something has almost nothing to do with its cost and everything to do with how much they can charge for it.
Understand, just going off of my knowledge of f150/250/350 package costs and those with jeep. I can get the universal garage door opener with other ford models a la carte for $125, let me have that in the bronco so Im not buying something off of amazon or having to jump into the lux package. All the wife wants is the garage door opener, B&O and heated wheel from the lux package. So many a la carte options in their trucks, and how jeep allows you to order items separately, was just wishing everything wasn't tied to a package with the bronco. At least when I sacrifice the sasquatch wheels for everything else in the sasquatch package I can recoup some money back by selling the wheels.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you know the difference between regular cruise and active cruise?
Yes, I do. And I don't want the car making gas or brake decisions for me just because most people can't be bothered to concentrate on driving when behind the wheel. There are numerous articles on size of the vehicle being followed and plastic bags causing issues with adaptive cruise control and emergency braking. I've also heard anecdotal evidence of rain and snow causing issues with systems on volvos and other brands. I just don't want it, government mandated or not.

Reactions: CFC

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's interesting that Toyota includes ACC even on a base-ass Yaris, but Ford is making you jump up to the obscenely expensive Lux package. I'd forgo power windows and door locks before forgoing ACC; ACC and Android Auto are really the only two automotive innovations of the past 15 years that hold any value for me.

I hope ACC is available a la carte. A premium sound system is kind of pointless on a vehicle with a removable roof that will surely have tons of wind noise. Why pay thousands to reduce the distortion of the speakers by 10 dB when the wind noise is already 30 dB above the noise floor of the audio system?
When we bought our 2018 Highlander, the salesmen said toyotas came with all the safety features standard on them. It's not real surprising since Toyota pretty commonly has limited options/packages on new cars.

I used to build ford superduty harnesses at night when I was in high school (14401 dash harnesses in particular). Every harness I built was a special order. The standard harnesses were all built in mexico or china at that time. I assume all of their harnesses are built outside the US today. When I added a superduty backup camera to my my 2010 F150, the cab, dash, and body harnesses didn't have the circuits populated for the camera or camera power, so I ran my own wires rather than spending a fortune on a new harness and ripping the truck apart for it. I also had to change the rear view mirror to a integrated LCD, autodimm, compass, sync microphone model from a autodimm, compass, sync model. I had to make a 10 pin to 16 pin adapter for the rear view mirror also.
Sponsored