First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I do. And I don't want the car making gas or brake decisions for me just because most people can't be bothered to concentrate on driving when behind the wheel. There are numerous articles on size of the vehicle being followed and plastic bags causing issues with adaptive cruise control and emergency braking. I've also heard anecdotal evidence of rain and snow causing issues with systems on volvos and other brands. I just don't want it, government mandated or not.
Government mandated radar cruise?
Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personal opinion:
  • 1) "2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports" - 10$ car charger on Amazon
    • Remember these will be in your dashboard (iirc). The convenience is worth more than $10 for many people that use go-pros or mount their phone on the dash.
  • 2) "Wireless charging pad" - wireless car charger - 35$ on Amazon
    • Most phones that can utilize this are like $500, yeah? I dont need this.
  • 3) "Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System" - built-in in Android Auto/Apple Carplay - free
    • I am from the mid-west, no accent, voice activation is not worth spending money on. Just park somewhere and take the five minutes to map your destination.
  • 4) Heated steering wheel - OK (how often is it used?)
    • Never had one of these, sounds amazing though. I typically just wear thin grip gloves in the winter.
  • 5) "Evasive Steering Assist" - you need to start maneuvering by yourself, why not finish by yourself? but OK.
    • Just pay attention to the road. I've never seen an accident where both drivers are aware of their surroundings. Its always because someone else. And its a joke if people say this will decrease your insurance.
  • 6) "B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer" - OK
    • This has to be where most of the money goes. I really hope this is a stand alone option. I would pay good for this regardless of trim. Bronco will most likely be noisy on the highway, so the music needs to be noisier.
  • 7) "Adaptive Cruise Control" - this is the only feature I really need.
    • Again, I prefer just driving honestly. However, I have heard some great things about this technology.
  • 8) "Universal garage door opener" - OK, but device which can open any garage door costs 150$
    • Dont want this.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Then, funny fact - necessary hardware for "Adaptive Cruise Control" and "Evasive Steering Assist" is already included in lower trims! (radar + camera). This is only software-activated feature.

What's your thoughts?
Very true. When I bought my Focus, the hill holder feature for MT was reserved for upper level trims. But the necessary hardware was already there. A $20 OBD adapter and ForScan, and 20 minutes later, viola! Hill hold. Auto manufacturers make the most money by upselling us with these packages. :confused:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m contemplating the Lux package for the heated steering wheel and the universal garage door opener alone. I love those two features.

I must be doing something wrong with Adaptive Cruise Control, because I have it now and I HATE it. I set the cruise at 55 (yeah right) and as I approach another slower car....the ACC kicks in and I slow down. Thatā€™s not what I want! I want to go around that other car. So I either have to change lanes a mile sooner than normal so the ACC doesnā€™t kick down my speed, or I have to click off the ACC just to accelerate around the other car and then click the ACC back on. Whatā€™s the point of that? Am I doing It wrong? Or do I just drive like an ass?
on my cars with ACC, i just push on the gas, signal to the passing lane, and off i go.
once passing is complete, lift foot off gas, life is good.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You seem surprised. Donā€™t be. Automakers love to nickel and dime people.
This.

People don't buy what they need. Most purchases are loaded down with "nice to have" and "why not" stuff which is almost guaranteed to be overpriced enough for the manufacturer and dealer to make a tidy profit.

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve driven across the country north to south and east to west using Teslaā€™s autopilot. Itā€™s not perfect by any means, but it is MISERABLE trying to take a road trip without it after having experienced it. I will be really sad if ACC is not offered as a standalone like it is on the Bronco Sport. I donā€™t even want stuff from the high package. Give me mid and ACC and Iā€™ll happily stick with BD.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
on my cars with ACC, i just push on the gas, signal to the passing lane, and off i go.
once passing is complete, lift foot off gas, life is good.
ACC threads are always full of folks that have never used it trashing it, and folks that have used it and now can't live without it. Unlike lane-keep assist (hate it!), ACC only improves the highway driving experience. You basically just sit in the right lane until you feel the car decelerate, then signal and pass. The like 3 times it has been wrong (braked due to a car in another lane), I just overrode it with the gas pedal and it immediately acquiesced to my will. It's probably the least obtrusive driver aid available.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I do. And I don't want the car making gas or brake decisions for me just because most people can't be bothered to concentrate on driving when behind the wheel. There are numerous articles on size of the vehicle being followed and plastic bags causing issues with adaptive cruise control and emergency braking. I've also heard anecdotal evidence of rain and snow causing issues with systems on volvos and other brands. I just don't want it, government mandated or not.
People shouldn't be using cruise control of any type in low traction situations. It is a recipe for disaster and just plain dumb.

I've used ACC in my wife's Subaru and it does well. I've never had an issue with stray things causing abrupt and incorrect braking. Sorry, the systems do work as intended. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All I want out of this is the adaptive cruise. I cannot understand why that's not a separate option! It has nothing to do with the others, and should be part of a safety package, not a lux package....

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Government mandated radar cruise?
Like ESC which was mandated in 2012 for all passenger cars in the USA, AEB and CIB systems will probably be mandated eventually. AEB is automatic emergency braking and CIB is crash imminent braking. These systems use the same radar that ACC does to see and predict whether or not a driver could avoid an accident and usually does things like pretensions seatbelts, applies brakes, and slams windows shut.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-release...eir-2018-vehicles-automatic-emergency-braking

These data are reported as part of a voluntary commitment by 20 auto manufacturers to equip virtually all new light-duty cars and trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 8,500 pounds or less with a low-speed AEB system that includes forward collision warning (FCW) and crash imminent braking (CIB) to help prevent and mitigate front-to-rear crashes.

Brokered in 2015 by NHTSA and IIHS, the commitment is intended to get the safety technology into the vehicle fleet faster than requiring it via a federal rulemaking. Manufacturers submit yearly progress reports to the public docket until they fully conform to the voluntary agreement. Consumer Reports supported the commitment and agreed to assist in monitoring automaker progress.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People shouldn't be using cruise control of any type in low traction situations. It is a recipe for disaster and just plain dumb.

I've used ACC in my wife's Subaru and it does well. I've never had an issue with stray things causing abrupt and incorrect braking. Sorry, the systems do work as intended. Don't want it? Don't buy it.
They weren't using cruise control. The AEB (automatic emergency braking) systems were killing engine power and applying brakes due to rain and snow and sometimes plastic bags and other debris blowing across the road.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They weren't using cruise control. The AEB (automatic emergency braking) systems were killing engine power and applying brakes due to rain and snow and sometimes plastic bags and other debris blowing across the road.
This is true, every time I see a plastic bag blowing around I always go on high alert just in case cars start emergency braking near me.

One time a tumbleweed stopped tumbling in the middle of the road and it stopped traffic in both directions for hours because of automatic emergency braking

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No doubting what you have heard, but we have two in our driveway from two different manufacturers that have ACC and auto braking. I've driven a lot of miles in both in all kinds of weather including down pours from tropical systems, snow, ice. Never an issue or a hint of an issue.

Now if you want to bitch about lane departure warning systems, I'm right there with you. They are the worst.

Deleted member 2346

I will say that B&O components are ridiculously high and likely most of the lux pkg cost. Iā€™m not saying their systems are worth the money, just stating they are expensive. I have the B&O option ($3700) in my M6.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

People don't buy what they need. Most purchases are loaded down with "nice to have" and "why not" stuff which is almost guaranteed to be overpriced enough for the manufacturer and dealer to make a tidy profit.
Yep. Somehow the Badlands i know the wife wants went from $45k to just under $60k with options. I havent told her yet as Im waiting for the official pricing. Its her purchase but I may hold out as long as I can after she completely falls in love with it after seeing one in person:)
Sponsored